JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If asked, "Do you or someone in your home own a firearm?" do you:

• Tell the truth?

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Lie?

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • Decline to answer? (Which means you do, but don't want to go on record)

Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters
Just like I do with every other spam call

2016-5-9-Hang-Up.jpg

I get a LOT of calls on both of my lines the never get picked up. If I don't have the number it will normally not ring through on main line since I work nights. On second line phone is not with me when sleeping and always shows missed calls but no message. Always assumed most are robo calls of some sort. Either trying to sell me something maybe some are pollsters? Have to guess many will answer every call that comes along??

Yes I have served...and no I ain't worried 'bout being on a list.
I am on several no doubt.
Same here. It's way too late for me to go "underground mode," even if I thought it would do me any good. I've held my hand up and taken the federal oath several times, and every time you do that, another set of fingerprints, etc., goes down the road.

I'm in the VA system, they send me stuff to "get involved" in. One such was the Million Veteran Program. Which is a research program supposedly used to look for common maladies across the military gene pool. Without thinking too deeply about it I gave up a sample of my DNA so now there's that.

Without thinking too deeply about it I gave up a sample of my DNA so now there's that.
Did they send it back?

I think we all know how incompetent the Feds actually are. But in theory or in pretend land, it's the thought of the power we hand over to them and the "diploma draggers" image of themselves.

Remember, before computers were common, ordering any parts in the military? 3 or more copies were made because it was assured at least one wouldn't make it.

29 votes to date isn't a fair sample size, but it's still interesting to see that, given the recent NBC type survey, it's probably fair to say that a significant number of the respondents so far would not have been likely to have been numbered among the "52% of households" reporting that they or someone in the home owned a firearm.

Even if that number were only 10% then 62% vs 52% is still a significant variance.

Ya have to think though. Among the 85% that said they would lie or decline to answer are more than likely the types that would never participate in some random phone survey, anyway. Right! 😁

I don't pick up if I don't recognize it or if the number isn't in my contact list . . . or if it's my mom or brothers. And I don't call back unless there is money in it for me (like a new client) Random text messages asking me to participate in anything I didn't ask to be included in get reported as spam and deleted I have no idea if any of the calls have been polls or Ed McMann

Who's asking?

When I go to the doctor for knee pain, and they want me to fill out something asking about EVERYTHING else. I refuse and tell them I will respond only to questions that I deem relevant for my reason I came, my knee.

I'm not fearful of sharing, but I an unwilling to give out information that is intrusive by nature and not necessary to share. It's a personal privacy thing.

One thing statists love doing is making lists of people that they can use against people later.

On the other hand, when I am teaching someone about gun rights, ownership, etc, and they ask me if I own guns. I say, "yes, I own guns, and I've owned them for longer than the time you've known me, and I'm the same person you appreciated before you knew I had guns, but now you know."

Hoplophobes can literally act like you are a different person, after learning you own guns. It's a sign of a significant mental immaturity to so flippantly change an evaluation of someone, that previously they appreciated.

It's also helpful to remind people what the purpose of gun ownership is. To use them, if necessary, as a bulwark against tyrannical government action. People can get huffy at the insinuation guns are for shooting people, but those same people don't even bat an eye at the 20th century and the 100+ million people that were killed by their own governments.

I really don't understand why so many seem to have a problem with this. I just did my annual once over with my main Doc. Ton of questions. Anything I did not feel like them needing to know the answer was simply no.
I dont see how anyone who likes guns enough to join a gun forum like this to tell the truth or decline to answer (same as telling the truth), doesnt know the political link to healthcare, which has zero to do with guns. All they are doing is setting themselves up for failure if ever red flag laws are expanded to include doctors.

I dont see how anyone who likes guns enough to join a gun forum like this to tell the truth or decline to answer (same as telling the truth), doesnt know the political link to healthcare, which has zero to do with guns. All they are doing is setting themselves up for failure if ever red flag laws are expanded to include doctors.
YEP! I had a TON of stupid questions on last yearly. Like do I ever feel "anxious". This one was worded several different ways and asked multiple times. Damn I have 5 kids ranging from just over 30 to just over 40. Of course I feel that way from time to time. :s0140: My answer to all of them was no. Answer yes to any of them and god only knows where that info would go and I know every time I buy a gun in this state now they are searching for that kind of reason to flag me. All the stupid questions that I don't think they need to know are a simple no. Doc was reading through my stuff and saying how he enjoyed the boring patients like me as it was so easy. :D

All the stupid questions that I don't think they need to know are a simple no. Doc was reading through my stuff and saying how he enjoyed the boring patients like me as it was so easy. :D
youll also probably get better treatment from an anti gun doctor who thinks your not a gun owner...

My answer?
That is none of your business.
youll also probably get better treatment from an anti gun doctor who thinks your not a gun owner...
And I would find another doctor.

Declining to answer has nothing to do with the fact that I may be a firearm owner. It IS none of their business.
If my doctor asked, which he wouldn't, I would tell him the same.

I think the only time I've been asked was on a Kiaser survey a few years ago. I declined the survey but that wasn't the only question.

I don't know the best environment to pose gun ownership questions. Not enough normies attend gun shows or go to church. Where do you get a better sample of America? The supermarket?
A good poll would seek a cross-section of people- the supermarket, a gun show, random polling on busy downtown streets and small towns.. like that... not just a small segment of people...

MMMM, probably not, they take an oath, right.. My doctor is Obama liberal, Jewish- reform around the edges I think- anyway he KNOWS that I am conservative Republican gun owner (and user, as it happened) and I've never been treated with anything BUT decency, kindness, respect and prompt care... over nearly 25 years as his patient.

Did they send it back?

I think we all know how incompetent the Feds actually are. But in theory or in pretend land, it's the thought of the power we hand over to them and the "diploma draggers" image of themselves.

Remember, before computers were common, ordering any parts in the military? 3 or more copies were made because it was assured at least one wouldn't make it.
Oh yes, the old "triplicate" copies thing. I was at the doc the other day and he prescribed something and sent it off to the pharm on the "tablet" he was holding- they were filling it almost immediately. My thought is, "now I need one of those"...

SOP is if its a survey, I say no thanks and go on about my day. If it is a questionnaire I read it first. If it asks about firearm ownership I do not fill out any of the form and go on about my day. Doctor/PA's will ask you the relevant questions when you see them face to face.

MMMM, probably not, they take an oath, right.. My doctor is Obama liberal, Jewish- reform around the edges I think- anyway he KNOWS that I am conservative Republican gun owner (and user, as it happened) and I've never been treated with anything BUT decency, kindness, respect and prompt care... over nearly 25 years as his patient.
We all know that's how it is supposed to be, but that doesn't mean that's the way it is.
Years ago I had a female doctor for a short time. I crashed my dirtbike and needed crutches just to get around. It was all soft tissue damage and would heal by itself but the pain was so bad I couldn't work. Pain meds? No f-in way! She told me to "try" Tylenol, because she wouldn't prescribe anything worthwhile. She basically told me I deserved it because I rode a motorcycle. So, I missed work for a few days. In that time frame I found a new doctor.
Several years later I compression fractured two vertebrae in my back in another dirtbike incident. The doctor I'd switched to didn't have any problem helping me through the painful part of the healing process.
The doctor I have now I've had for probably well over 20 years and I really like the guy. He's fairly conservative. He's from Iowa. There are placards in the rooms that mention something about securing your firearms in your home, especially if children are ever present. If he ever asked me about firearms related issues, I'd tell him the same thing, "None of your business". I doubt I'll ever feild questions like that from him.
I have another friend who told his doctor of many years to pack sand. The doctor, who is so liberal it's nutz, brought up Presidential political crap at his last visit. My friend was livid and walked out in the middle of the office visit.
I've seen this with many liberal people, there's "right" and there's "what's good for the cause trumps what's right'

I'm happy for you, @DunRanull , but many people with liberal doctors don't have one that is as tightly clung to the oath as your doctor is.
Our AG took an oath, too, right? Obviously she doesn't give a crap about our State's Constitution or 114 would have never seen the light of day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top