JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If asked, "Do you or someone in your home own a firearm?" do you:

• Tell the truth?

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Lie?

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • Decline to answer? (Which means you do, but don't want to go on record)

Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters
Orygun- I can see where a person would develop and attitude about doctors from your experience... no joke man.
Many decades ago I had carpal tunnel surgery (from welding which was my profession then). The guy came recommended highly.. I thought he was a butcher... chopped on my wrist and wouldn't prescribe post-surg pain meds. Wasn't much I could do except eat tylenol and look for extra-prescrip pain pills. He was a nixon conservative and apparently had issues with long-hairs. As you said, I'm lucky to have the doc I have... even if he did refuse the offer of a free FAL so he could defend himself and family if things went south for Jews... (Should things come to that he won't need to ask twice)...

^what orygun said,
there are some honest people out there who are mature enough to set aside their political bias regardless of left or right, if you get one in the professional world great. But anyone who thinks people in general don't favor others with similar or same political (and religious) bias is fooling themselves. Your doctor is someone you want a good personal relationship with regardless of your political bias's.

If I answered the phone and they said anything about a survey, I'd just hang up after saying, "no thanks".
Maybe that's a lie too. I'd probably just hang up in their face without saying anything. There is always that pause, when you
can hear the background noise of the call center.. When I hear that, IF I answer the phone, I automatically just hang up.
It's even easier when it comes to the cell phone, I just don't answer it at all, unless I know you're calling. Leave a message , if I care i'll call back.

(For firearm owners only.)

If randomly contacted for a survey, and for those that would agree to participate, how many people would answer truthfully about firearm ownership?
I never respond to surveys because they are essentially useless in collecting any meaningful statistics. They are useless in collecting any meaningful statistics because people like me never respond to them.

Organizations paying for surveys want to prove a particular public point of view on a particular subject and pay to have the survey questions written in a way to solicit responses favorable to the agenda the survey sponsor wants to push.

I took statistics in college and if there was one thing I learned it was that surveys are garbage!

If someone tells you that they are a statistician... they are probably lying!

Last Edited:
If properly worded and used....a survey of this type could however be useful for those on the pro gun side of the issue.
There is that word "if" to consider ...As well as all the many ways one can "properly word" something to get the answers you want versus the actual real life answers.
Andy
I agree, but could you imagine if someone set out to do an official survey of this type?

"We asked 1000 known firearm owners if they would respond truthfully to a random survey asking if they or someone in their household owns a firearm"

"95% hung up or declined to participate in our survey. Of those that responded, 50% declined to answer any questions, 40% we suspect were lying and .005% of all people surveyed indicated they would indeed be truthful about their firearm ownership. [+/- 3% margin of error]" 😁 👍

If I respond to requests it's usually something of a wise crack like "I like turtles!" One of the reasons I give zero credibility to polls is because most sensible folks won't/don't respond so you get a poll that reflects the opinions of idiots. Also understanding that the entity taking the poll will usually skew the results to reflect a predetermined outcome no matter what the answers given.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top