JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I never count rounds so I can't give a full answer. At 70 years of age I don't recall any bolt action rifles jamming so of course they are reliable. Never had a revolver have a problem unless it was ammo related, got a round stuck in a barrel when I was a teenager. Bad reload.

Shot competition when IPSC came to Oregon and never had a jam with my Colt Series 70, even using 200 grain lswc.

S&W Model 19.

Thousands of rounds.

Several hundred during one particular weekend near Lakeview Oregon without cleaning or lubricating. In below freezing temps.

I bought a Beretta 92 INOX about 35 years ago. It always functioned perfectly until I started reloading. The first batch of about 400 9mm rounds (I was young and too anxious to just load up a test batch first) were all loaded at the starting charge in the book and they wouldn't cycle ANY firearm. Other than those the Beretta has run perfectly as expected.

Most of my firearms have run perfect. I find the cheap guns that run perfect the most interesting. These include:
LCP
P32
KAHR CM9
Diamondback DB9

All of these I bought new. All recommended a break in period. All of them I disassembled them straight out of the box, wiped them dry then reassembled and racked the slides a few hundred time. After lubing them before taking them to the range they have all shot perfectly since round 1.

I don't find a PC Charger, PC Carbine, P85, 1911, XDs, XD mod 2 or HK91 that runs perfectly as anything notable. I expect mid range and high end guns to run perfectly.

Then there are some guns that I don't expect to run perfectly, like a 10/22 or any 22lr with a diet of the cheapest crappiest ammo available. I didn't expect my Desert Eagle L5 in 50ae to run perfectly out of the box and I wasn't disappointed. The DE took some some learning on my part to hold properly and not limp wrist it. But it runs great when I do my part and after I found the proper powder charge for my reloads.

One group of weapons consistently give me problems, pump action shot guns. I consistently short stroke them while trying to get off a second shot at a flock of birds. Semi-autos and over-under's work best for me.

My P08 Luger has been far from perfect. So was my M1 Carbine before I replaced the springs. Even my M1 Garand has been less than 100% before I had it cleaned up with springs and a couple replacement parts. My SVT-40 has several hundred rounds of surplus run through it without an issue. My MAS 49/56 has also not had any issues over several hundred rounds. My Swedish Lundgman has run perfectly too. It isn't very surprising that my Romanian AK and Norinco AK have been perfect with the cheapest surplus ammo.

Bolt action rifles and revolvers aren't even worth mentioning as far a reliability which is just assumed. Even my tiny NAA revolvers are perfect.

Last Edited:
My wife won a Charter Arms Pink Lady .38 Special at an RMEF banquet. The second time she took it to the range she was getting "click, bang, bang, click, click, bang". When we got home I primed some empty brass, tested the pistol and had the same sort of result. We sent it back to Charter arms and IIRC they replaced the firing pin. It has worked fine since, but it was expensive sending that pistol back via UPS. I was disappointed they didn't cover the expense. That is the only experience I have or will have with Charter Arms.
they are crap guns. or... is that a safety feature? you can't fire your gun even if you want to. lol

I know your intentions are good but you are basically asking me to list all my guns on the internet. That's a big nope from me. WA will likely have a semi auto gun ban even in this legislative session and I expect OR to have a semi auto gun ban initiative in 2023. I think measure 114 has emboldened the anti-gunners and they are going to go after everything they can at the next opportunity (too bad not enough gun owners voted, not voting has consequences sadly).

I really like Hickok45's approach. He is happy to share his knowledge and experience with individual guns he owns or has owned. His response when people ask him to list all his guns, where he stores them, or similar is, "I don't talk about that".

My Benjamin marauder airgun has started leaking air out the front though.
You just admitted that you have them, KNOCK KNOCK...

5e905600kh271.jpg
3500+ rounds thru this Česká Zbrojovka pistola. Flawless.

Last Edited:
Some of mine. - I have had several rock island 1911 officer model pistols. No issues what so ever.

Bersa 380 thunder - I have had several if these go through my hands. - no issues.

Lew Horton 624 snub nose. Exceptionally dependable. In general several older S&W revolvers have been very dependable. There are alot of good guns out there.

I won't list every gun that I have that doesn't have problems, but one that has surprised me the most.

Smith & Wesson M&P9. It will turn 18k tomorrow during my requal. When we first got them, I called them glammed-up Sigmas. They've earned my respect.
I think the M&P line is the Rodney Dangerfield of striker fired guns. No respect. (Google for you young ones, :cool: ) At my last trip to Gunsite for a class then the alumni shoot with 200+ people who shoot a lot, the M&P appeared to be the most common gun, but nobody talks about it. Even several of the instructors had them (no, not everyone at Gunsite sports a 1911).

When I decided on a handgun platform, I could have chosen anything. I tried many guns, many guns that are very good guns, and landed on the M&P...for me, everyone is different, I get it. They are plenty accurate, super reliable in my experience, come with ample options (safety/no safety, optics ready, barrel lengths, finishes, etc.) mags that are generally available at a reasonable price, yet they seem to either fall victim to S&W bashing or are invisible. But there are more and more in the upper ranks (that are not sponsored by, say German gun companies) that are quietly shooting them. I'm good with that.

I take care of my guns so basically all of them.
Never had any major issues with anything aside from a couple junk guns.(SNS's)
Buy from a decent manufacturer and whatever you buy should last you and anyone you might later pass it down to.
Honestly I think most malfunctions are going to be user error or poor quality magazines.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top