JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought it would be fun to talk about guns that don't malfunction. Let us know the round count, if you remember (approximate numbers or #+ is acceptable if you don't know the exact #). We can rule out bad ammo IF you verified it was the ammo. Like, if you're shooting cheap or reloaded ammo, you shot a round and it didn't fire, put it in another reliable gun and it still didn't fire, it was likely a bad primer and not the pistol, in that case the ammo malfunctioned and not the gun. Feel free to talk about reliable pistols you don't own any more if you feel it's worth mention.

Here are mine. I have a bunch of CZs that have never malfunctioned so I'll start with that.

• CZ SP01: 1000+rds, zero malfunctions.

• CZ 98B: ~600rds, zero malfunctions. (Just sold, already missed 😭)

• CZ Shadow 2 Orange: ~500rds, zero pistol malfunctions, 1 ammo malfunction. (I had one failure to fire due to cheap, bulk ammo. I know it was the primer because the firing pin mark was deep and I put the same round in another gun that I know is reliable and it still didn't fire.)

• CZ P07: ~500rds, zero malfunctions.

I don't have super high round count on most of my CZs but I don't expect any of them to malfunction in the future, that's why I added. It's more to show how reliable modern CZ pistols are.

• SW MP Shield: 1000+rds, zero malfunctions with factory magazines. (I had a 10rd Promag that would malfunction with +P ammo, 4th round would always cause a failure to feed. The spring wasn't strong enough. Magazine malfunction, not pistol malfunction.)

• SW M69: 800+rds (magnums and spl), zero malfunctions.

• Mossberg 500: no idea on round count. I've had the gun for about 7 years and it's always worked 100%.

I have other guns I consider reliable but don't have enough rounds down range to accredit 100% reliability.

Last Edited:
Ruger # 1 :s0151: I own 7 of these but never had a round malfunction in any of them. I know this is cheating so on to the pistols.

Fnx45T - 2000 rounds or so, no malfunctions

HK mk23 - I have no idea how many rounds but it's a lot. Maybe 10k+? Never a single malfunction

Glock 40 MOS - 2k rounds at least, all very hot handloads or underwood. Not a single issue that I can remember.

I don't recall any issues with any of my revolvers except the Taurus raging bull that I got in a trade that had its cylinder fall off after shooting a few rounds out of it. But with Taurus that's expected.

My built AR-15 using an Aero Upper and Lower, Spikes Tactical barrel, Toolcraft BCG, and a mixture of Aero/Griffin Armament parts filling out the rest.

Probably approaching 3000 rounds down range with it, most of those being suppressed, and it just always works even when filthy.

Others include:
-My Chinese SKS (probably 3000 rounds or so through it)

-PSA AK GF3 (right at 900 rounds)

-Beretta 92 (~1200 rounds)

-Kel Tec Sub-2000 in 9mm (1200-1500 rounds)

Glock G35. With the exception of my hand loads that I deliberately tried to find the smallest powder charge that would run. I've shot nearly 3000 rounds through it without a failure.

Glock G23. Another Glock that just goes. Probably 1000 rounds through this one.

CZ Drake O/U. 500 or so rounds, not a single issue other than a tight release lever.

XDm 10mm. 300 rounds, not an issue.

PSA-ish Ar15 build. At least 1000 rounds without a single hiccup.

Chinese SKS. 400 rounds without issues.

Finnish M39. 600 rounds and going strong.

I have a few other guns that haven't given me any trouble, but since their round count is below 200, I won't include them.

1671057196843.jpeg

Put 1000 rounds though them in single shooting session without malfunction and then get back to be.

The AR I built and use for teaching and recon work...approaching 15,000 rounds. I made a post on it in the Education area of the forum, as I was getting messages to post what I build and use.

My original Colt 6920 from the 90s, which is on it's 3rd barrel...over 60,000 rounds on the same BCG.

A 1911 built by a dear friend Dave Berryhill. I really trashed that gun during an article I was writing for it at the time. He used to build MEUSOC replicas, all were hard to tell from the originals.

For @titsonritz ...another posting of the trashed pistol...

IMG_1586.JPG

I don't recall my Ruger LCR ever failing to fire. Semi autos the occasional failure to feed. the worst was the Charter Arms revolver I owned, there were many times where it would go click, click, click, click, click with no ignition.

View attachment 1330262

Put 1000 rounds though them in single shooting session without malfunction and then get back to be.
So, you're drifting this to a "Best .22 rifle or pistol" thread? Because I can't afford 1,000 rounds of anything else. The primers alone... well, you know. :s0092:

Must be nice to be rich. Are you a politician? (Okay, maybe that one was a little uncalled for. I apologize.) :s0066:

Glocks in general. I have a few.
Ruger P89, ran flawlessly for over 11k rounds before I sold it.
My GP100 has been flawless as well.

Beretta m9 22 - hundreds of rounds

1937 Winchester model 71 big bore lever gun - 30 rounds

1948 Winchester Model 74 semi 22lr - 100 rounds <---- assault rifle :s0003:

Del-ton 556 - hundreds of rounds

Kimber 357 DASA k6s - hundreds of rounds

Hellcat pro - hundreds of rounds

All my guns shoot good, if they don't, I fix them. If I can't fix them off to the gunsmith they go. If he can't fix them, back to the factory they go. IMHO modern firearms are pretty darned reliable.

So, you're drifting this to a "Best .22 rifle or pistol" thread? Because I can't afford 1,000 rounds of anything else. The primers alone... well, you know. :s0092:

Must be nice to be rich. Are you a politician? (Okay, maybe that one was a little uncalled for. I apologize.) :s0066:
I am neither, I'm just highly irresponsible and know a guy that owns an ammo manufacturing business and a shooting range where he lets me camp pretty much anytime I feel like.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top