JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know a lot about the SOCOM. It needs a good cleaning so I'm guessing I'll be spending a lot of time with You Tube!
As I understand a civilian SOCOM is a 308 Win and the mil NATO version is 7.62x51. Eh? Can both be fired from the civilian M1A ?
I am one who asks a lot of questions when I don't know things so I'll need those who know more than me. You have all been warned! Thx in advance!
Yes, a 7.62x51 can be fired out of a .308 , but usually not the other way around. .308 is higher pressure and normally a thinner case.

Be sure to use good quality 7.62x51 ammo.

Just picked up a paint job from Jeremy at Lucky's Sporting Goods. Ultimately my goal is a 20" DMR.

IMG_4720.jpeg IMG_4719.jpeg

I don't know if I'm getting old, lazy, or smarter…..feels good not to have to worry about it

Had emergency buy today….

This stuff was like $28 a gallon….
Didn't have mix with me for string trimmer….. little side job….had gas, oil and could've bought a small can and mixed some….but

Maybe sometimes I doubt my mix a little sometimes…. Had some fouling issues MAYBE for this little RYOBI…. it being a ryobi was probably the real problem.

Side note……
Only gas line trimmer left at homedepot was ECHO…… everything else is battery

View attachment 1419788
I'm curious how this is a "guns, gear, or accessories" purchase 😁.

This guy followed me home yesterday. OK, let's be honest, I went out of my way to order it from Silencer Shop.

I have a S&W Victory I was going to put a new threaded barrel on, but then Silencer Shop announced this and it was only 2x the cost of the new barrel. How could I pass up a deal like that?

PXL_20230510_145226480.jpg
PXL_20230510_145311703.jpg

I'm not money bags but I can slowly pick reloading stuff up so I'm not left in the dust on next ammo scare….

$8 a sleeve at sportco in Fife

I'm also having fun trying skeet shooting….. just adds another platform (nice shotgun) to the wish list…. Still have my eye on a Beretta A300 patrol …. But a clay gun may be the next rabbit hole or black powder

IMG_3776.jpeg

Picked this used M1A SOCOM 16 w/ a Vortex Scout scope 2-7x32 along w/ 4-20 round mags and 1 -10 rounder.
Best guess is under 300 rounds through the barrel
Trigger pull right at 5 lbs
That pic is 5 rds at 26 yds (indoor range)

IMG_0136.jpeg IMG_0140.jpeg IMG_0141.jpeg IMG_0142.jpeg

Last Edited:
This guy followed me home yesterday. OK, let's be honest, I went out of my way to order it from Silencer Shop.

I have a S&W Victory I was going to put a new threaded barrel on, but then Silencer Shop announced this and it was only 2x the cost of the new barrel. How could I pass up a deal like that?

View attachment 1420023
View attachment 1420024
Have you gone to shoot it yet?

Picked up the sig sp2022 I bought off gunbroker from coat of arms today. Thing looks brand new for $305 + $35 for shipping. Took it apart to clean and it had a little residue but not much.

Then ordered a iwb holster for it from 1791 gunleather. The fair chase model.

Have you gone to shoot it yet?
I shot it yesterday even though I don't have a sight for it yet (it does not have irons from that factory). I ran standard velocity CCI mini mag and it ran great. With my Oculus installed it was super quiet. The steel plate 25 yard away was way louder then the gunshot. Can't wait to get an optic mounted. So far I love it

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top