JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also picked up a Stack On cabinet from Craig's List, $75. I'm done until my three lowers come in, also waiting on my VFR14 from PSA to come in. Then I'll be done for a bit.

After years of searching for a solution to an on-going problem, I bought this. Hands down the best bino harness I ever used.

View attachment 1294488
I had one of these before. But my kids outgrew it. My youngest is six now.

BCEC3ABC-4E6D-4BA4-82FA-8BA501B06B58.jpeg

Now I just use it for a binoculars carrier.

I made sure I had all of the guns and magazines I wanted within reason (and a bit beyond reason) before 114 passed, so I've been spending the last few days ordering additional guns and magazines well beyond reason to ensure I have all the bases covered two or three times over. There were a couple I was going to wait until the kids were older and I had unloaded some other guns to order, but who knows when the next permit-free opportunity will present itself.

A couple panics ago is what got me into ARs. At least this time I kept to the same calibers and magazines!

For 50 bucks I couldn't say no to a neat project. Berthier M16 (model 1916) sporter in 8x50 Lebel. Missing a couple bolts and screws, but I'm sure they can be found online.

20221120_102630.jpg 20221120_102532.jpg

Last Edited:
A LEO cast off XDM 40 4.5", two mags, online so I really don't know what I'm getting, paid more for a 'good' over a 'fair' $330. I paid $320 for new a couple years back. I need the four more round of a XDM over my XD. Really just getting a lick in before 114 kicks in.

It's been a bit of a gun and magazine spree lately but I thought it had finally wrapped up. Then I went into Black Flag Armory in Medford yesterday, just to look and see how they were handling all this craziness, and ended up picking up and holding a CZ Shadow 2 and a CZ TS2. They felt GREAT! I already have an XDm so I went home and did some more research before finally deciding I didn't need it. I must have done too much research because last night I dreamed of the guns. As I'm not a competition shooter and the gun would be much more likely pushed into a defensive role if need be, I was leaning towards the Shadow 2 over the TS2 even with the price difference being minimal (~$60). So, this afternoon, while perusing the interwebs (because Black Flag was closed and I had already decided against it), I found a decent deal on the Shadow 2 and hit order (along with a total of 10 mags). My first CZ pistol but I've always liked the looks of the CZ 75 and have several CZ 457s which are great rifles so I'm pretty stoked! Not a cheap splurge and likely one I wouldn't have made without 114 looming.

CZ's pic:
Shadow2BandBWeb-1.png

Okay. NOW I'm done . . . I hope. Or I'm going to need a second job. Hah!

Last week, I bought my first handgun ever, and the second. After months of consideration, it was as if my brain would not let me pull my wallet out of my pocket until I decided on a Glock 34 for fun and practice and a Glock 43 for concealed carry. I had been stalling for months, having wanted a Springfield Arms XD 9mm. which felt good the first time I tested it. But I also wanted a carry gun that was a smaller version of the larger, and the Springfield Hellcat I tried just did not feel good to me. Finally, I needed to simply move forward, even if that meant I might have to make changes later. I'd done two classes, memorized the basic rules, bought a small safe and thought about storage. Now I have a lot of practice to do.

Last week, I bought my first handgun ever, and the second. After months of consideration, it was as if my brain would not let me pull my wallet out of my pocket until I decided on a Glock 34 for fun and practice and a Glock 43 for concealed carry. I had been stalling for months, having wanted a Springfield Arms XD 9mm. which felt good the first time I tested it. But I also wanted a carry gun that was a smaller version of the larger, and the Springfield Hellcat I tried just did not feel good to me. Finally, I needed to simply move forward, even if that meant I might have to make changes later. I'd done two classes, memorized the basic rules, bought a small safe and thought about storage. Now I have a lot of practice to do.
The G34 is a nice pistol, had one for a bit but got rid of it as it wasn't a good fit for me (hated the factory sights and it is blocky). Got a Canik TP9SFX in its place.
These years later, got a G40 10mm with a green dot sight simply because of the reliability as I'm not sure of all the new platforms in 10mm.

Did you get the G43 or the G43x? The G43x has been far more popular as its a 10rd mag over the 6rd mag of the G43.

The HellCat is a bit small for my hand, but I love the feel of the HellCat Pro (don't have one yet).

The G34 is a nice pistol, had one for a bit but got rid of it as it wasn't a good fit for me (hated the factory sights and it is blocky). Got a Canik TP9SFX in its place.
These years later, got a G40 10mm with a green dot sight simply because of the reliability as I'm not sure of all the new platforms in 10mm.

Did you get the G43 or the G43x? The G43x has been far more popular as its a 10rd mag over the 6rd mag of the G43.

The HellCat is a bit small for my hand, but I love the feel of the HellCat Pro (don't have one yet).
I got the G43, seeking the thinnest mag and grip possible.
I'm having trouble releasing the slide -- does this take a few rounds of shooting to loosen up? I mean, my hand strength is fine, but I have to remove the mag and then exert force on the slide to work the release. Do I need to take this to an armorer to reduce the force needed to press the slide release?

I got the G43, seeking the thinnest mag and grip possible.
I'm having trouble releasing the slide -- does this take a few rounds of shooting to loosen up? I mean, my hand strength is fine, but I have to remove the mag and then exert force on the slide to work the release. Do I need to take this to an armorer to reduce the force needed to press the slide release?
Are you saying with an empty mag inserted, you have problems releasing the slide by only pressing down on the slide catch?

Well, looks like I got doubled up on it seems, a few hours after my order of a just in case, the shop got me on a 3 way call to place an order, so 2 more complete lowers, a complete upper, another AR15, and 6 stripped lowers ordered for the store and I will probably take 1-2 of the stripped lowers....

Last Edited:
Picked up my VRF14 that was delivered, got an instant approval. Then, stopped by the other gun shop to check on my 3 Aero Precision M4E1 lowers, they came in today, another instant on those. I wish everyone got those. Also, picked up 6 XD45 mags from a great member here for a good price. That's it, until Friday.

not today but recently, 4-12x40 leupold freedom cds scope, new leupold one piece base and ring set and just got the custom turret back from leupold. going on my .270 short mag.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top