JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even if it immediate area isn't on fire, the Level 3 areas have extremely unhealthy AQI levels. Estacada and Mollala both had AQI readings over 500 in some areas. Anything over 300 is considered extremely hazardous.

Even if it immediate area isn't on fire, the Level 3 areas have extremely unhealthy AQI levels. Estacada and Mollala both had AQI readings over 500 in some areas. Anything over 300 is considered extremely hazardous.
On Labor Day in the Tri-Cities, the AQI reached an all-time high (with the possible exception of Mt. St. Helens in 1980) of 839, with sustained winds out of the north (blowing a sh!t-ton of the north central WA wildfires' smoke into town) of 30 mph with gusts up to 40+ mph. There was at least 2 to 3 mm of dust and ash on everything by Tuesday morning. It was pretty phuq'n miserable. I finally cleaned up my front porch and back patio just this morning. I'll be pressure-washing the house this weekend. The dust/ash really lets you know where all of the spider webs are that you don't normally notice... :oops:

For reference, that big American flag is just 3 blocks (~1/4-mile) away...
IMG_7181.JPG
Normally, you see the Blue Mountains of eastern WA and Oregon on the horizon...
IMG_7176.JPG
Sure wish I would've made a screen-cap of the wind speed and AQI instead...
IMG_7174.PNG

Last Edited:
Anyone have an Evacuation Map for Multnomah county?
It's in the bathroom at every home. Go stand in the toilet and flush. :D:eek:

Heard from family that looters are hitting houses that have been evac'd. Be safe out there
Those guys may not be the same ones as who are hitting Molalla or Estacada.
Daughter says there are some citizens patrols in Molalla.

It's in the bathroom at every home. Go stand in the toilet and flush. :D:eek:
Was asking on behalf of elderly parents in Portland .. I've told them to move away from Portland many times, but cannot change things now.. Just hoping my folks make it out in time if that fire does cross into the city.. My father also has a heart condition, so the whole ordeal with Covid, especially, worries me.

Those bastards drove past my house fleeing the cops! My BIL is a county mounts and told me the dogs got to play!!!
The day we stopped hanging and shooting looters was the day America lost its backbone.. These thugs will be out in no time to rob someone else's home.

Pretty sickening.. What a way to stab your fellow man in the back.

But , that's the world we live in, especially in the pro-criminal/anti-law-abiding-citizen nanny states. Like @Free_Patriot said, states like Texas definitely handle things better there..

Oh well, I guess no large scale disaster would be complete without scumbag looters. Just look at Hurricane Katrina.

The day we stopped hanging and shooting looters was the day America lost its backbone.. These thugs will be out in no time to rob someone else's home.

But , that's the world we live in, especially in the pro-criminal/anti-law-abiding-citizen nanny states. Like @Free_Patriot said, states like Texas definitely handle things better here..

Oh well, I guess no large scale disaster would be complete without scumbag looters. Just look at Hurricane Katrina.
Well put sir! I know my house will be manned and protected 24/7 until the orange glow is visible. No answering doors unarmed, people have been wearing hi-viz attire and knocking on doors on my road telling them fire jumped their line (posing as firefighters) telling them to evacuate NOW! Only to loot them minutes later.

Well put sir! I know my house will be manned and protected 24/7 until the orange glow is visible. No answering doors unarmed, people have been wearing hi-viz attire and knocking on doors on my road telling them fire jumped their line (posing as firefighters) telling them to evacuate NOW! Only to loot them minutes later.
Looters should be shot on sight. Cleansing society of that vermin.... Period...

Kmk, that is terrifying... Really sucks when people will go around impersonating firefighters or law enforcement and then we cannot know who the good or the bad guys are anymore. I remember the night my father (mother was out of the country when it happened), brothers and animals all had to pack up in minutes and flee our house up in the hills of Ashland, Oregon. The Fire Marshall came around showed us identification pulled up in an EMS type vehicle with sirens and we smell the smoke so strong and it was hard to see the smoke was so thick. There was no doubt in our minds this guy was trying to save our life and was the real deal. But, wow, so scary to think people will use this situation to take advantage of people.

I'm worried about my folks in Portland.. If looting is bad out in Santiam Canyon where you are, I can imagine in the city it could be even worse. Definitely is the time to be prepared and ready for whatever. As I say, big cities are usually the worst places to be during a major disaster. Wildfires usually strike rural areas, but if a massive fire hits a city I cannot imagine the chaos and craziness that will ensue.

Last Edited:
Anyone have an Evacuation Map for Multnomah county? I have found the Clackamas County and Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue Washington County maps, but having trouble finding anything for Multnomah county proper.. I see Lake Oswego now is under Level I and it is worrying me. I am telling my family they may have to get ready for the unthinkable.

If the main stream news got organized they would save some lifes . pinning down the location of a fire is confusing when they use multiple references to location .real time updates on wind and direction of travel for fire matters big time.rather than interviewing victims and evacuation notices after they are ordered.

Last Edited:
If the main tream news got organized they would save some lifes . pinning down the location of a fire is confusing when they use multiple references to location .real time updates on wind and direction of travel for fire matters big time.rather than interviewing victims and evacuation notices after they are ordered.
They don't care about human lives

But , that's the world we live in, especially in the pro-criminal/anti-law-abiding-citizen nanny states. Like @Free_Patriot said, states like Texas definitely handle things better there..

The only why to fix the whole mess is go back to the way everything was done about 75 years ago.

Those Inci Type Web links and other links are good but from what we seen HERE in Montana when it comes to FIRES, they are not always up to date TIME wise. I am NOT knocking them - I am talking about their updates time wise. Plus over time, even when some adjustments have been made concerning the actual incident, they are not always updated from a to z.

We saw this in the past and present.

Before my MT husband retired, he had to be up to date with this STUFF from various .gov agencies and other people (Federal, State, County and City levels.) due to the nature of his job.

Prayers said for all people in this mess and to ALL of the good people out there that are HELPING ONE ANOTHER. ADD in the fire fighters, emt people and peace officers too.

There have been fires scattered throughout MT. Many wilderness areas, trails, etc. closed for some time now too. On the news.

We have had snow on and off in higher elevations since August and in some towns about an hour away from me, we have had close to freezing, freezing and below freezing temps at night recently too. My town got to 35 degrees on one night for sure but I have not looked at all of the temps online for days in a row. (We had some super hot days too!)

Bozeman, MT had some fires too. Bridger Foothills. They are on the Other Side of the Continental Divide from where I live and the AUTHORITIES are still trying to figure out the cause or causes (?) of the latest group of fires. They are closer to Yellowstone National Park.

^^^

There are some more updates to the above LINK too.

28 homes lost in Bridger Foothills fire

MORE on the link above.

We have had fires in various parks too. National Parks and they were NOT all caused by lightning too. I think that a few state parks got hit, I do NOT have the figures and locations in front of me, and there is one island that they they just let BURN and they did not try to fight it up by and ON Flathead Lake too.

Stay safe and my heart goes out to all of you in your specific states.

Prayers said.

Cate

As most of you know, we spend part of the year in Oregon, and over many years have gotten to know it well, and hold the state and its people deep in our hearts. We stayed up most of last night watching the international news cover and talking to friends in Port Orford and near Eugene, where they have intermittent power supplies to save electricity.

THIS is the time that these of us who live -like us, albeit part-time, out in the boonies to help each other, and we are very grateful to one particular neighbour who, in our minds, deserves some kind of recognition when all this is over. For obvious reasons, I can't name him, nor will I, but those of us oldies who have benefited from his kindheartedness and generosity will never forget these times.

Poor, poor Oregon - and Washington, too - our hearts bleed for you. I've just spent half an hour or so watching a helicopter overflight from I-5 down near Talent.

And to think that people are starting these fires deliberately, like that ******g moron boy up at Eagle creek a couple of years back.

Lock 'em up and throw way the key, or, if you catch 'em in the act, just put 'em down. I won't say a word.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top