JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rented a place south of Medford out past the end of Coleman Creek road. Wonder if that areas gone now.
I owned a home on 1.5 acres right at the end of Coleman Creek Road for a couple years back in the early 90's. If the fire was drafted up the draw that the road follows by the wind, all those places are probably toast. I'm gonna try to research and see what the status is.

I owned a home on 1.5 acres right at the end of Coleman Creek Road for a couple years back in the early 90's. If the fire was drafted up the draw that the road follows by the wind, all those places are probably toast. I'm gonna try to research and see what the status is.

Please let me know if you find out anything. It was a nice cottage to stay in when i worked at Harry and David for a short period five years ago.

My prayers go out for all my people in Oregon & Washington. It breaks my heart that the State of Jefferson where I grew up is burning down. So many places I remember as a kid and young adult have been destroyed. My hometown of Ashland came very closely to burning to the ground and I don't think they are in the clear yet with that massive fire raging down there.

Times like this I am glad I live on the Eastern seaboard where it rains heavy in the Summer . I wish I could send some of the rains here in the Carolinas over your way. It breaks my heart to see Oregon & Washington burn and when it burns, it definitely is burning part of my soul.

My parents and brother I am worried about as they are in SW part of Portland and there is a fire growing very quickly over there in the Beaverton hills. Of course, if Portland and Beaverton have to evacuate that will be a crisis like nothing we have seen before since Hurricane Katrina.

Hoping these fires get put out quickly and everyone is safe and doesn't have to endure loss of property and loved ones.

Such a sad day for me to see this. First we have to put up with all chaos from the terrorists in Portland and Seattle and now this :( Praying to God for mercy upon the Pacific Northwest.

All Oregon city is being told to evacuate now. And my work in milwaukie is closing for 4 days at least.
Wow, I simply cannot believe they are evacuating a city the size of Oregon City... If this doesn't die down, the entire PDX metro will be at risk.. I just called up my parents and told them to prepare an evacuation plan.. THey are in SW side of Portland near Beaverton.

Wow, I simply cannot believe they are evacuating a city the size of Oregon City... If this doesn't die down, the entire PDX metro will be at risk.. I just called up my parents and told them to prepare an evacuation plan.. THey are in SW side of Portland near Beaverton.
Definitely the first time I remember parts of the metro area being under any level of wildfire evacuation orders.

I remember the Gorge fires got close enough to Troutdale to trigger a level 1, but that was small potatoes compared to this.

Anyone have an Evacuation Map for Multnomah county? I have found the Clackamas County and Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue Washington County maps, but having trouble finding anything for Multnomah county proper.. I see Lake Oswego now is under Level I and it is worrying me. I am telling my family they may have to get ready for the unthinkable.

Where are you getting the evac news for Oregon City...I haven't seen any confirmation
Based on this map linked below it looks like Oregon City is under Level 2 but the SE section of town may already be under Level 3.

Weather is calling for light and variable winds, 6 MPH mostly from the east, so the fire may end up heading more due west than NW.

With relatively light winds this fire looks like it'll be fuel-dependent, meaning the fuel is what will be driving it rather than the winds. Fuel means grass, sage, trees, etc. The trees would be the worst since they burn hotter and higher and can be harder to stop. I'm unfamiliar with the vegetation in that area.

Check the map link below for more.

Last Edited:
Based on this map it looks like Oregon City is under Level 2 but the SE section of town may already be under Level 3.

Weather is calling for light and variable winds, 6 MPH mostly from the east, so the fire may end up heading more due west than NW. With relatively light winds this fire looks like it'll be fuel-dependent, meaning the fuel is what will be driving it rather than the winds. Fuel means grass, sage, trees, etc. The trees would be the worst since they burn hotter and higher and can be harder to stop. I'm unfamiliar with the vegetation in that area.

Check the map for more.

Yup...Level TWO...As it has been all day.and still is NOT LEVEL THREE

I was curious as to where the poster had come up with the EVACUATE NOW orders he mentioned. Wasn't asking about radar smoke maps or what things might happen in the future. Making unfounded hear-say comments can have serious consequences, especially in situations like this.

Yup...Level TWO...As it has been all day.and still is NOT LEVEL THREE

I was curious as to where the poster had come up with the EVACUATE NOW orders he mentioned. Wasn't asking about radar smoke maps or what things might happen in the future. Making unfounded hear-say comments can have serious consequences, especially in situations like this.
Keep in mind that this Evac Map was last updated nearly five hours ago, at 1 PM Pacific. The fires have likely advanced in the hours since. The key is to watch the wind.

FYI I was a firefighter in what we referred to as the Wildland Fire Capital of the Planet (we had constant fires, often several at a time), in Shasta County, CA. We got pretty familiar with fire behavior.

Based on what I'm seeing in this satellite shot which shows topography,

I personally wouldn't be too worried if I lived in Oregon City proper or anywhere other than SE of town. Even on the SE side of town, because there are so many escape routes, I likely wouldn't leave until I saw the glow of the fire within a mile or two of home. Usually a local radio station will have someone trying to track the fire and report live for updates.

Only a high-wind driven event would cause me concern in an urban area like that. Keep in mind that embers can fall onto dry grass and the like and light up random fires in town so that CAN be a concern, but with projected 6 MPH winds it wouldn't be a huge concern for me.

Keep in mind that fires can make their own weather, such as fire tornadoes and the like, so that too is a factor. But there are just too many roads and highways to make a stand for a decent sized team of fire crews with proper apparatus, thus stopping the advance of the head of the fire itself before it reaches town. I'd think the crews would target Highway 211 to take a stand (Cedardale, Colton, Springwater). If it jumps 211 they'll hold what they can and advance to catch up with what crosses over.

Believe it or not any competent citizen may be able to prevent a major catastrophe in an event like this. Burning embers can fly out ahead of the fire (downwind) as far as a mile or more before dropping to the ground. Those can start what we refer to as 'spot fires' and you can damn near pee on them to put them out if you catch them ASAP. Spot fires are what cause major fires to 'leap frog' way out ahead of the teams fighting them. I used to carry a five gallon back pack of water, shovel, and rake that I'd use for 'spot patrol' during major events. It wasn't uncommon for me to have a fire completely out before the first engine even arrived.

A big weed sprayer filled with water can go a long ways. You'd be shocked at how much fire you can put out with five gallons of water. That's how everyone on these boards can help, by picking up some kind of water pack or even fire extinguishers and patrolling out ahead of the fire, staying out of the way of fire crews. Even a shovel can do it.

The key is to keep an eye on the smoke column in the air and then get UNDER it. If it's going straight up (no wind) then no worries, but if it's laying over and heading a certain direction, get under it ahead of the fire and keep your eyes open for smoke on the ground. If fire crews kick you out then move downwind and continue.

Don't get yourself trapped, always have an exit plan should the SHTF near you.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR