JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd probably throw them in the trunk of the wife's car. No need to over complicate.

And if things got to the point where I had to evac on foot, I sure as hell wouldn't be lugging around a freaking cart full of guns.

I have a truck with an 8' bed. I also have a 27' RV. If fires were anywhere close I'd be loading everything to the hilt with any and ALL valuables before any "evacuation orders" were given.

Be prepared. Be one step ahead.

I have some gun socks for most of my rifles but in a pinch, I could use towels with a few zip ties for each long gun.
I bought a bunch of gun socks and wrapped most of my rifles. Recently I bought a bunch of the rust preventative bags, and I am going to wrap most of my rifles, outside the socks. I am also going to get some of the waterproof soft cases and use those for the more valuable rifles. Beyond that I have some Pelican cases.

Next time I have to evacuate (like last year) I hope to be a bit better prepared. Caught me by surprise last year. This year doesn't look any better.

You can shop for surplus Hardigg cases: https://military-tent.com/pehamechbox.html
Yeah this is what I'm looking for. My main goal was for when time is available (threat of a evacuation is near but not immediate) to gather all my "stuff" into a non firearms discrete box and have it ready to be loaded into the truck a moments notice with a bed cap all locked up so none would be the wiser. I've done the duffle bag, soft gun bags etc....but it gets old with multiple trips and stuff everywhere and then we it becomes the game of hiding everything so no one can see etc. So a container box to load in the back of the truck that doesn't scream gun stuff is the way to go for me. Definitely liking this option. Was mainly just curious if others were in a similar boat and have come up with affordable or clever solutions for this problem that were outside the norm. Wife loved the idea of the carpet roll!! 🍻

Or a few of these Apache cases from Harbor Freight?

These work really well and are half the price of a Pelican (or better) from Harbor Freight. They have customizeable foam inside that you can easily cut to fit a couple (of your cherished) long guns. But then I have a couple others cases where I threw away the foam entirely, and simply put 4 (or 5) long guns in them separated by carpet or towels.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top