JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here being evacuated due to the fires? My phone has been going off all night from the emergency alert system. I'm not under the level three evacuation order but it's not too far from me. I've never seen so much traffic on our rural road as there is now (2:45 AM), tons of livestock trailers and cars. I sure hope this doesn't get worse. We had to evacuate our campsite at Taylor Park on Monday due to the fires.

Anyone here being evacuated due to the fires? My phone has been going off all night from the emergency alert system. I'm not under the level three evacuation order but it's not too far from me. I've never seen so much traffic on our rural road as there is now (2:45 AM), tons of livestock trailers and cars. I sure hope this doesn't get worse. We had to evacuate our campsite at Taylor Park on Monday due to the fires.
Good luck I hope you can stay put.

Not in danger of evacuations in my AO, but have several inbound in-laws who are bailing out of the Santiam Valley. Should be seeing the first of them arrive within the next few hours.

Yeah, it was crazy yesterday.

Malden was 80% destroyed, then a huge fire broke out in Colfax and destroyed a couple of homes and 500 acres. Friends of mine were evacuated and were helping to fight the fire near their house.

Local sheriff on Idaho side is asking farmers to plow fire breaks around rural homes.

I was supposed to go into the woods yesterday for a UTV ride but the wind was so bad, figured it would be a bad idea to be riding around trees.

Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee, who was present at the same event, said more acreage was consumed on Labor Day "than in 12 of the last entire fire seasons in the state of Washington."

"Almost all of these fires were human-caused, in some dimension," he added. "If you can avoid being outside for anything that would even cause a spark, I hope people can avoid those conditions."

"This is a new reality we're living in with a changing climate," Inslee said.

Of course Inslee blamed the fires on climate change...

Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee, who was present at the same event, said more acreage was consumed on Labor Day "than in 12 of the last entire fire seasons in the state of Washington."

"Almost all of these fires were human-caused, in some dimension," he added. "If you can avoid being outside for anything that would even cause a spark, I hope people can avoid those conditions."

"This is a new reality we're living in with a changing climate," Inslee said.

Of course Inslee blamed the fires on climate change...
Al invented fire before the internet, let's blame it on him.

My wife showed up at work at her school in Cave Junction and they sent everyone home. Everything south of Kerby on 199 is on lvl 2 evacuation order. Slater fire across the border is headed north directly towards it. We're up in Grants Pass.

Phoenix and Talent both near burned down last night. :/

Fires above us, and on each side of us.

We have fires in the hills just ten miles SW of Beaverton!
Got home today to listen to a long voice mail from the ATF for FFL's on evac and explosive concerns. First time for that one.
I'm sure intended for FFL's farther south but maybe they are expecting Sodom and Gomorrah to burn soon.
(Portland and Beaverton):rolleyes:
Nasty business them fires. Especially with the high winds which are so dry, many of the trees and all the leaves littering the grounds are still bright green and crunchy dry!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews