JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks, I'm in Beaverton and with the fires getting worse I'm trying to think about the best direction to head if we decide to leave the area. I don't really want to wait until it's Level 3 and get caught in all the traffic. In terms of survival and having a realistic destination in mind (another town with potential lodging), what are some options? Head north on I-5? South doesn't look good. Since the fires are blowing west, what about finding a route that will take us around east of the fires, so we have more options? I don't want to get trapped in a situation where fires are blocking every road out and the flames keep pushing west. Eventually we run out of land. I don't have any survival / wildfire savvy friends so I'm asking the pros at NWFA. Thanks in advance.

You'll be ok. Between you and Molalla is lots of pasture land and farm fields. Not too much timber.
Winds change tomorrow and aircraft will be able to fly.
In worst case - northwest to costal Washington is looking good.

If i was going to evacuate i would not wait and would head east on 84. Look at a fire map and your options are clear and it should be a real wake up call for everyone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top