JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Talking about hitting the road or staying put in a SHTF scenario brings a similar, old thread to mind. One of the member's here said he had Mormons in his hood and he'd go take their food if SHTF. I grew up 12 miles South of "THE" Mormon Temple complex. That member learned a few things about Mormons in that thread.

Sounds like good use of my elk pack. I am diabetic so when I go hunting I carry enough food and water for a couple days and some very basic shelter

If you live in Portland, Seattle or even LA, it's possible to walk out of the metropolis zone and into a better situation. If you are already in the mountains or rural environment how far are you going to walk?

I know there are these Caravans with 1000s crossing south and central America. Somehow they end up at the border in clean white JB t-shirts and sandals after walking 700 miles. For me 2-3 miles in the heat on pavement and I'm changing my shirt.

Natural disasters aside and given my location there are only one or two options within a few hours drive that might be better. There hopefully is a trailer in my future but not at the top of my priorities.

I try to look realistically on folks forced to bug out on foot. The old are not going anywhere. Families with kids won't get far as the kids are out of shape and mom and dad can't carry enough. I could go on but everyone has their limitations. I ain't going to do a 100 lb pack and hit the trail at my age.

The Puget Sound and a marina are about 1 mile downhill from me, I learned from a previous incident how to more safely operate a boat, so I would go there. I would probably be able to get a vehicle down there as well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top