JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You keep saying that. But what crime has he committed to lead to impeachment? Congress can't impeach someone just because they may be a bad president. They have to commit a crime - the Constitution says so:

"The Constitution sets specific grounds for impeachment. They are "treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors." To be impeached and removed from office, the House and Senate must find that the official committed one of these acts."

Source, and a good article on the subject: High Crimes and Misdemeanors - Constitutional Rights Foundation

So, I ask again - under what circumstances, for what crime, specifically, would he be impeached?

This Republican congress is not going to impeach a Donald Trump. If he wins the Rs probably keep all houses in Congress and can pretty much ram through darn near what they want as long as it is not societally to offensive. If they win they have a golden opportunity to right our ship of state and stabilize the economy. I think most Americans...want a better economy. A number of small groups make a lot of racket and at times the squeaky wheel does get the grease but for the most part they are not changing the landscape to the better. Too many people are looking to FEEL good and not do what's morally and ethically sound. Look at all the Killary supporters....she is so patently clearly unfit to govern yet she may win the election because it makes many people FEEL good that she is a woman and she puts fear of Trump into their news cycle every day. I like to feel good as well but I'd rather be able to feed my family and afford to hunt and fish on occasion.... Trump is the least of the 17 R candidates that took the stage but he is lightyears better than corrupt Hillary.

Brutus Out

Also of note, I was chewing the fat with my LGS owner a few days ago about panic buying. He mentioned he had seen a solid uptick in business but felt it was sustainable for the time being. Most of what people were buying are high end semi autos. The 3 interesting things he noted were Pmags, ammo (specifically 5.56) and AR pistols. He said he called his distributor for another order of Pmags and the distributor told him his order will make 100k pmags ordered for the day. A normal day is less than 5k and that only left them with about 15k on the shelf. My LGS also mentioned he cant keep AR pistols and sub guns on the shelf and sourcing standard bulk ammo is becoming a little more difficult, specifically 5.56.

A month ago there were 3 places online to buy PMags for $10 dollars each. 5 for $50. Today, those 3 places are still selling for the same price. So, at those places, mags are not drying up.

You are correct sir the PMags are still out there but I am finding it harder to get good deals on the aluminum and a number of out lets are out. I said mags are drying up but you can still find them. I think it depends on where you live and who you shop with as well.

I have also noticed written in a few other post that other folks are noticing the same thing I have.

Like someone else posted I have also seen folks dumping the extra AR and getting the odd stuff like the SIG MPX, Tavor, AKs and the like as they might be harder to get later.

I agree it is not as hot and heavy panic like after Sandy Hook but the election is not over yet. We will see on Tuesday of next week how Wednesday will look.

What I don't understand is why people are panic buying before the election. If Killary wins she can't do anything until she takes office right?

People are anticipating what she will do. Waiting until she's in office may be too late. The time to buy, if you haven't already, is now, not later. If she is elected, expect the panic to begin right away - no legislative action needed. We already know she's coming after us.

What I don't understand is why people are panic buying before the election. If Killary wins she can't do anything until she takes office right?

You are correct but folks have seen it before and are not going to wait until she takes office as it will be panic so they will buy now at a lower price to maybe resale later at a higher price or hopefully be grandfathered in if there is some type of ban.

She really does not have to do anything but plant a seed of gun control in her follower's heads and then keep pushing it. If you read it enough and hear it enough it must be true.

Things like the Australia plan we don't want all your guns just the bad ones and we will buy them back for a small fee and a buy back is not really a ban it's a buy back.

Folks got to remember there are some house and senate seats up for grabs as well that can play into it as much as Hillary. Her Supreme Court appointees can have a major part in the gun battle.

Heller was a 5 to 4 decision meaning 4 already do not agree with the outcome so it would not take much and that decision could be overturned and you have no right to own firearms unless you're a part of a state approved militia or it could be determined that due to safety the government has the right to ban a class of fire arms or make them NFA the same as machine guns. NFA was a way for the government to control certain fire arms and it has worked really well so far.

So Hillary by herself may not be able to do anything but she can put folks in place that could and with the continual push to ban guns added with the support of a president for four more year could also do more damage and sway folks mind set.

You are correct but folks have seen it before and are not going to wait until she takes office as it will be panic so they will buy now at a lower price to maybe resale later at a higher price or hopefully be grandfathered in if there is some type of ban.

She really does not have to do anything but plant a seed of gun control in her follower's heads and then keep pushing it. If you read it enough and hear it enough it must be true.

Things like the Australia plan we don't want all your guns just the bad ones and we will buy them back for a small fee and a buy back is not really a ban it's a buy back.

Folks got to remember there are some house and senate seats up for grabs as well that can play into it as much as Hillary. Her Supreme Court appointees can have a major part in the gun battle.

Heller was a 5 to 4 decision meaning 4 already do not agree with the outcome so it would not take much and that decision could be overturned and you have no right to own firearms unless you're a part of a state approved militia or it could be determined that due to safety the government has the right to ban a class of fire arms or make them NFA the same as machine guns. NFA was a way for the government to control certain fire arms and it has worked really well so far.

So Hillary by herself may not be able to do anything but she can put folks in place that could and with the continual push to ban guns added with the support of a president for four more year could also do more damage and sway folks mind set.

Guns existed in this country for 200+ years before Heller and Justices have a habit of not overturning recent precedent. I also don't see the Senate rubber stamping Clinton nominees. If anything we may end up with several years of 8 on the court. Maybe even 7 if it comes down to it. Congress will fight her tooth and nail on any gun control measure she proposes. She won't be able to do anything more than Obama has done already.

That has nothing to do with panic that will come though. Fear will be enough to make gun owners strip the shelves clean again.

Whoop...internets back...I guess I'll hold off on ordering any bubblegum now. Crisis averted...

:)

Edit, adding: On a serious note, from now thru after the inauguration (irregardless of whomever gets elected), is a really good time to keep a keen eye on your surrounds & to always keep your vehicles gassed up & a bit extra food in your pantry.

Guns existed in this country for 200+ years before Heller and Justices have a habit of not overturning recent precedent. I also don't see the Senate rubber stamping Clinton nominees. If anything we may end up with several years of 8 on the court. Maybe even 7 if it comes down to it. Congress will fight her tooth and nail on any gun control measure she proposes. She won't be able to do anything more than Obama has done already.

That has nothing to do with panic that will come though. Fear will be enough to make gun owners strip the shelves clean again.

What ya'll need to understand is SCOTUS is important but look at the CRAP they are doing to the gun makers, ammunition makers/buyers etc. through EOs, the UN Small Arms treaties, ITAR crap, etc. without any sort of ruling from SCOTUS.
Hell, there are banks that refuse to do business with shooting sports companies and that is flat OUT WRONG. Ebay, Amazon love to profit on accessories but try buying barrels, etc.

Her mere election will help erode already fast eroding gun rights. Her election will embolden state legislatures and governors to continue more and more draconian gun laws. Look at Cali with the ammunition license, Assault weapon "features", etc. If folks think SCOTUS is the only threat/salvation to your gun rights, their naivete is quite frankly, frightening. Washington, OR are not far behind. Look at gun trusts new transfer laws....garbage we have to deal with to loan, give guns to friends, relatives, etc.

I for one am not happy that some goofy governor and legislature with the stroke of a pen want to turn me into an instant felon because they know what's best for my personal life.

Brutus Out

Last Edited:

True they do not have a habit of it but they have changed their rulings in the past and it does not take a "habit" of doing something, it just takes one time.

I disagree to a point as where does that fear come from: it comes from the talk of banning guns, it comes from the fact she would have the choice of Supreme Court Justices and everything else I stated. There would be no panic or fear if she was pro gun and wanted to remove restriction already placed on us.

The FEAR/PANIC has started and will get worse if she is elected so that fear is in the mind of many folks or there would be no panic.

You are also correct that guns have been around for over 200 years but until around 1934 you could mail order a machine gun and have it delivered to your door. No tax stamp, paperwork or government permission.

Up till 1968 you could buy a handgun or a rifle from Montgomery Ward's or any other outlet and have it shipped to your door but the government changed all that for our safety.(more theirs)

Up until 1994 you could get a true FN FAL but the government implemented a ban on what they classed as non sporting rifles so they were banned from import along with a lot of others. Yes the assault weapons ban was lifted but not the import ban.

So yes I have fear of what this woman can get done maybe not this election but many states have midterm elections coming up in 2 years and that combined with her could do a lot.

During this election many states are proposing new restrictions or hoops for you to have to jump through to enjoy a right but if a right is controlled by the government is it a right any more or a privilege that can be taken away like they did in 1934, 1968 and 1994.

This is why I prep, stockpile and panic.

Up until 1994 you could get a true FN FAL but the government implemented a ban on what they classed as non sporting rifles so they were banned from import along with a lot of others. Yes the assault weapons ban was lifted but not the import ban.

Almost. It was the '89 Bush ban that put the Kibosh on the factory FAL imports. If I remember right they were $1500 a pop back then too.

Almost. It was the '89 Bush ban that put the Kibosh on the factory FAL imports. If I remember right they were $1500 a pop back then too.

Your are correct it did go into place in 89 and was updated to add more types of firearms and features in 94 than again in 98 from what I can tell.

(snip)Her mere election will help erode already fast eroding gun rights. Her election will embolden state legislatures and governors to continue more and more draconian gun laws.

I agree with this. Anti-gun politicians, at all levels, will believe that they have a "mandate from the people" just because the anti-gun party got re-elected. And often, an outgoing administration will start to push the policies of the new administration. Obama will also say that he has a mandate to use his pen and phone to push what Hillary wants.

If Hillary wins, the anti-gun agenda will ramp up very quickly. From many different directions.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top