JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apocalypse now: Gun buyers stockpiling firearms ahead of Election Day
Apocalypse now: Gun buyers stockpiling firearms ahead of Election Day

With just days left before American voters decide who will replace President Barack Obama, many in the nation's gun-owning public seem to be preparing for a dystopian future of jackbooted liberal government thugs prying guns — as the popular slogan goes — from their cold dead hands.

On Wednesday executives at the country's top firearms manufacturer said they're adequately prepared to meet demand from a postelection gun-buying surge if Democrats make significant gains in Congress and Hillary Clinton wins the White House.

Record Number of Gun Background Checks Before Election

Record Number of Gun Background Checks Before Election

Government data show the number of people looking for gun permits is surging before Election Day — the 18th straight month of record numbers, according to the system for tracking background checks on gun sales.

In October, 2.3 million background checks for gun-related purchases were processed, setting an all-time monthly record, according to the FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS.

Let the fear and Panic begin!

I wonder how many people are hoping for a panic to get their money back on all the stuff they over paid for during the last panic...

I was really surprised how many panicked the last time. There was no shortage of anything. There was no actual ban and I lived through the period when there was actually a ban and there was no shortage of anything and .22 ammo was $8 for a 500 rd brick and a 1000 rds of 7.62x39 was only $69. Preban mags were $10-20

People are more prepared this time and thanks to Obama waving a ban hammer there are more manufacturers than ever in fact so many the market will eventually implode on itself.

If Hillerybilly get elected there will be people rushing out and getting those just in case items and people are buying smart by buying now but ( and I could be wrong) I just don't see it happening again like it did. It never hurts to stock up on expendables like ammo as you will eventually use it so a modest back up stash is good to have and I think most people know that so they already have that.

I think a panic with Trump winning is more likely than one with Hillary winning.

Think about it. We've had panics in the past, and we all learn from experience. Those of us who are serious have stocked up by now. The people more likely to panic buy are those just getting into guns. There are a lot more liberals in this category than conservatives, and liberals are as fearful of Trump winning, as conservatives are of Hillary. So, a bigger panic with Trump.

o_O lol Liberals running out buying guns thinking trump is going to ban them. Lol I have got to see this. Even if you hate Trump this reason alone is worth a vote for him.

she can't do anything after she takes office either.

Guns existed in this country for 200+ years before Heller and Justices have a habit of not overturning recent precedent. I also don't see the Senate rubber stamping Clinton nominees. If anything we may end up with several years of 8 on the court. Maybe even 7 if it comes down to it. Congress will fight her tooth and nail on any gun control measure she proposes. She won't be able to do anything more than Obama has done already.

That has nothing to do with panic that will come though. Fear will be enough to make gun owners strip the shelves clean again.

Really, you think that the republicans won't do what they've done in the past few years?

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

EDITORIAL: Republicans cave on spending

Republicans Cave to Obama on Iran Deal - Breitbart

Conservative Rep: GOP Leaders Are Caving To Obama's Will

Ray

o_O lol Liberals running out buying guns thinking trump is going to ban them. Lol I have got to see this. Even if you hate Trump this reason alone is worth a vote for him.

There's a survival prep site populated by liberals and one of the threads this week involved the guy talking about needing his AR for public disorder caused by Trump supporters.
Fairly ironic, I'd say.
I'm in NYS and we've had our ban in place for years. Of course Hillary wants to make the rest of the country look like NYS in terms of gun laws
Still, when I check my suppliers these last few weeks I've noticed a dwindling amount of tacti-cool rifles showing in stock. Most any plinking 5.56 is in short supply unless you buy bulk cans, and then only Fiocchi shows in stock for around .50/round

There's a survival prep site populated by liberals and one of the threads this week involved the guy talking about needing his AR for public disorder caused by Trump supporters.
Fairly ironic, I'd say.
I'm in NYS and we've had our ban in place for years. Of course Hillary wants to make the rest of the country look like NYS in terms of gun laws
Still, when I check my suppliers these last few weeks I've noticed a dwindling amount of tacti-cool rifles showing in stock. Most any plinking 5.56 is in short supply unless you buy bulk cans, and then only Fiocchi shows in stock for around .50/round

Yeah, prices have gone up & stock does seem to be dwindling. One of the online stores I shop, SGammo, seems there price per round has gone up about .02-.05/per round 5.56. All of there .23/rd steel cased wolf is gone, with a few cases of brown bear left. Seems all the brass cased is about .40/round.

Checked over on Midway to see how components were doing. They are limiting to 1000 primers/customer. No way does that make any financial sense (to the buyer), as they still tack on the hazmat fees....thankfully we got lucky & put a small order in a few weeks back when they had there no hazmat fee deal-but they were still limiting the purchase, but it was a little higher limit.

Saw BiMart pistol gun display case with usually looks filled but was down about 30 % of display products. Ammo filled. Two gun sales when I was there by customers buying Kimber 45 and Ruger Semi Auto.

If they win they have a golden opportunity to right our ship of state and stabilize the economy.

Trump won't fix anything. The problem is a hell of a lot bigger than who is president. The economy is still going to crash due to debt and ZIRP. I'll be happy if all he does is kill Obamacare, but I sure ain't holding my breath. R politicians have a well-established record of complaining about D policies, but of never overturning them even when they have the numbers to do so.

lol Liberals running out buying guns thinking trump is going to ban them. Lol I have got to see this.o_O

Well I doubt that's what they are worried about. More like they think he will go full-Hitler. And that's not an unreasonable fear; some of the statements he has made are pretty scary.

Or, that liberals think there will be riots in the streets. Again, not such an unreasonable fear.

I just ordered $1000 worth of deadly high capacity magazines for evil semi automatic assault pistols.

I'm OK with it.

Need to get me some primers on order.

The more you read and watch, the clearer it's the Elite's against the rest of us. I don't trust any party that won't abide the Constitution.

I'm more worried about Katie Brown than Hillary. At least a Do Nothing congress can dely Hillary out of spite if nothing else. Kate Brown can do more direct damage than anyone. And she will.

I'm more worried about Katie Brown than Hillary. At least a Do Nothing congress can dely Hillary out of spite if nothing else. Kate Brown can do more direct damage than anyone. And she will.

The same congress that promised to stand up to Obama on Obamacare, immigration, taxes, etc., then let him do as he pleased? If Hillary gets in, this congress will do the same thing - bend over and let her have her way with them. Yes, there is very good reason to be worried about another Clinton presidency.

The same congress that promised to stand up to Obama on Obamacare, immigration, taxes, etc., then let him do as he pleased? If Hillary gets in, this congress will do the same thing - bend over and let her have her way with them. Yes, there is very good reason to be worried about another Clinton presidency.

The current Congress has not approved anything Obama has sent their way. It was the pre 2011 Democratic led Congress that approved Obamacare. They cannot strike down anything in the Federal Code by fiat. With a simple majority its just a stalemate and has been since Jan 2011. Obama has been a lame duck for 6 years. Clinton will be in lame duck mode from day one.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top