JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seems just before the hurricane hit Florida a fuel company delivered diesel into the gas tanks of a bunch of service stations.

Imagine you topped off your tank to get out of Dodge and then your rig quit running.

They're the ones doing the crap work. If they weren't there you'd know it ASAP and you'd be complaining about prices
I have heard that all my working life as I worked side by side doing the same heavy labor they do.

Now that I am retired and paid into the country all my life the border jumpers get more than I do and have paid nothing to earn it..

Killing chickens at the produce plant didn't pay well and was boring as hell. I went with construction.
That's the thing . You just proved my point . They stay day in day out and don't complain and come back the next day. I've been in food manufacturing my whole career . No one works harder then those people

Last Edited:
That's the thing . You just proved my point . They stay day in day out and don't complain and come back the next day. I've been in food manufacturing my whole career . No one works harder then those people
No offense, if you have only worked in a food manufacturing company all your life then how would you know if other people may work harder.?

I have worked side by side and there is no difference in people, they are all paid to get the job done.

Owner of a company I worked for once told me every person has a job they are suited for. I find his words true.

No offense, if you have only worked in a food manufacturing company all your life then how would you know if other people may work harder.?

I have worked side by side and there is no difference in people, they are all paid to get the job done.

Owner of a company I worked for once told me every person has a job they are suited for. I find his words true.
That's all good and fine if you aren't trying to run a food manufacturing facility . If you are you don't rely on people who bail for better paying jobs that don't suck as much . You know I'm right

Didn't mean to light this particular candle, but I'm living with the day to day reality of how bad the warehouse/transportation links of our supply chain function.
Every summer since FauxVid started has been the same thing. Impossible to retain decent help with all the freebies out there. @wired , I reckon you've got a front row seat.
@Longwalkhome , the decline in the last few years has been dramatic. I just don't know if you have had to deal with it in person. Things are very different, my friends.

That's all good and fine if you aren't trying to run a food manufacturing facility . If you are you don't rely on people who bail for better paying jobs that don't suck as much . You know I'm right
I started work as a kid in the fields ,canneries and kitchens , working side by side in food processing from stringing beans to harvesting and packing the products.

After school I worked in a titanium plant for $88 a week in knock out, beating the graphite off the parts and grinding the shrink bars.

Brother got me into the labor union working construction and my first job was laying pipe in 8 foot deep ditches. If you wanted to work you had to do what ever hard labor that came along.

Contract after contract heavy hard labor from pouring concrete to carrying hod for the masons. In ten years I had learned every job laborers do, there are many.

You may not like the work your people do and think it's hard work but frankly I don't believe you have experienced enough to know what hard work is.

I started work as a kid in the fields ,canneries and kitchens , working side by side in food processing from stringing beans to harvesting and packing the products.

After school I worked in a titanium plant for $88 a week in knock out, beating the graphite off the parts and grinding the shrink bars.

Brother got me into the labor union working construction and my first job was laying pipe in 8 foot deep ditches. If you wanted to work you had to do what ever hard labor that came along.

Contract after contract heavy hard labor from pouring concrete to carrying hod for the masons. In ten years I had learned every job laborers do, there are many.

You may not like the work your people do and think it's hard work but frankly I don't believe you have experienced enough to know what hard work is.Haha ha

No seriously. Go work in a slaughterhouse or pig kill plant or first line chicken kill plant for 20+ years and dont go running off to the first easier better paying job that comes along and then come back and tell us how "hard you work" . I see you guys come and go and I pick up the pieces and train the people that replace you. . The Mexicans see you come and go too . They send money back to their families and show up day after day and aren't trying to make their lives easier., they arent F'ing the program starting Unions and driving the company out of business. You know, those guys. The lazy ones.

Ive had years go by where I had 30 guys working for me for mechanic positions. 20 or so were set there. The other 10 I'd be doing 20 interviews a week for . Constant rolling positions for 25-30 bucks an hour. The 10 positions i had rolling stayed 2 weeks to 3 months max . Thats what the labor market is like now.

I was out in Sacramento a few weeks ago at a milk plant. Their mechanics were making 57 an hour and they couldn't keep people.

Last Edited:
Work ethic makes a huge difference in performance, you can clock on and off 5 days a week…but that doesn't mean you made a dent in shiot! Trust me, I'm on the internet 😎

No seriously. Go work in a slaughterhouse or pig kill plant or first line chicken kill plant for 20+ years and dont go running off to the first easier better paying job that comes along and then come back and tell us how "hard you work" . I see you guys come and go and I pick up the pieces and train the people that replace you. . The Mexicans see you come and go too . They send money back to their families and show up day after day and aren't trying to make their lives easier., they arent F'ing the program starting Unions and driving the company out of business. You know, those guys. The lazy ones.

Ive had years go by where I had 30 guys working for me for mechanic positions. 20 or so were set there. The other 10 I'd be doing 20 interviews a week for . Constant rolling positions for 25-30 bucks an hour. The 10 positions i had rolling stayed 2 weeks to 3 months max . Thats what the labor market is like now.

I was out in Sacramento a few weeks ago at a milk plant. Their mechanics were making 57 an hour and they couldn't keep people.
The original post is about how easy it is to get killed in a calamity with just a few people screwing up their job. People may have died because the oil company didn't deliver the right fuel to the right spot.

As to your thinking construction workers are unreliable because they don't stay working for you, I worked almost my entire life in construction and only took odd jobs when no contracts were available.

I think I know why you can't find help :D good luck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top