JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thankful there will be no national level panic buy. That means, even if/when Gov. Kate and her Bloomberg bought and paid for buddies in the state house and senate comes after us, we'll still be able to get what we want without fighting the rest of the country to buy our magazines, ammo and guns. I have a feeling there will be a lot of good OR folks making trips to WA, ID, etc. to stock up on things should the Dems in Salem walk over our rights.

the only election panic i am seeing is coming from radicalized uneducated leftivists after trump bulldozed hildebeast and then steamrolled her into the ground.

Given the Oregon Legislature is soured on gun rights, but is there an implication that nationally both in the Senate and Congress and the POTUS are Red that there could be an influence from Washington against Oregon moving forward on an antigun agenda????

I was talking to a friend about this. If there is a national movement towards a less liberal ideology, it could help pro-gun organizations to put on a bigger fight against the anti-gun agenda at the state level. NRA, and others, get more members.. more money.. more cooperation from government officials. At least, less open hatred of pro-gun ideas from national leadership. Could help. Maybe.

I was talking to a friend about this. If there is a national movement towards a less liberal ideology, it could help pro-gun organizations to put on a bigger fight against the anti-gun agenda at the state level.

I am afraid that there is NOT a national movement towards conservatism, no matter how hard conservatives may wish it to be so

I am afraid that there is NOT a national movement towards conservatism, no matter how hard conservatives may wish it to be so

Agreed. The nanny state is alive and well I am afraid as more young people are indoctrinated to believe that government is not by, of and for the people but rather is a thing unto itself from which all blessings flow. We reach a tipping point, I believe, when there are more people in the wagon than there are pulling the wagon. The "safety net" of government so easily becomes a snare to the unwary.

I would agree, but would say that conservatism is far from dead. I think the left is learning an important lesson (well they may be learning it) - they took their agenda many steps too far. It wasn't enough to allow for gay marriage, for example - they had to make sure everyone not only accepted and allowed it, but they insisted that everyone embrace it and celebrate it, regardless of religious or moral convictions. It's not enough for them to gain a right, they insist that everyone be 'fundamentally transformed' into their image. And I think this election was a reflection of that step too far. Many folks on the right are just fine with live and let live, even if they don't share the same values. But live and let live isn't enough for the most radical on the left, they won't be happy until you embrace and love what they embrace and love, and that, I believe is where they go wrong. If they continue to insist on this path, there will continue to be push-back. If they don't learn that lesson from this election, I believe we may see a period of shifting back to the right as people fight to retain their right to believe and do as they please, and to reject those things that they don't want to accept.

So, maybe not a conservative movement, but a conservative reminder - we're still here, and yes, we can get pissed off too. Perhaps it's time that both sides come to realize we either learn to live and work together, while not forcing our beliefs on others, or we will be a nation divided down the middle, never to gain ground, never to resolve many of the problems that plague us.

I would agree, but would say that conservatism is far from dead. I think the left is learning an important lesson (well they may be learning it) - they took their agenda many steps too far.
We were discussing this very thing at work last evening. Look at a couple of issues as an example...after the gay marriage thing, which in and of itself I could care less if they want to marry, the liberals went for the transgendered bathroom issue. For much of the last year we've been subjected to an endless stream of opinion from the left that a relatively small number of what I consider mentally ill people who are confused about what sex they are should be able to use the same bathrooms as our wives and daughters. Any guy who is so mentally ill that he has his penis cut off shouldn't be using the women's bathroom as far as I am concerned. Then the whole women in combat arms thing. I don't know how many of you are vets; I did 22 years in the Army Guard with my MOS' including 11H, 11B and 31B. Did a couple years overseas along the way. Women do not belong in combat arms. It's a much bigger issue than the desegregation of the military in the 50s, which it was constantly being compared to. Finally, Hillary being so willing to advance the issue of gun control. It stopped being a third rail issue and Dems went after gun control with glee. So yeah, I think they bit off more than they can chew. But also understand that I know they wont stop; they'll simply wait us out. I think when the last of the Greatest generation has died off, the Boomers are all elderly, and the Millennial are the majority, they'll finally have tipped the populations mentality enough that some of these things will be much more accepted. So we are simply fighting delaying action til then. So raise your kids as best you can to not follow along mindlessly with the messages the Left is selling.

We were discussing this very thing at work last evening. Look at a couple of issues as an example...after the gay marriage thing, which in and of itself I could care less if they want to marry, the liberals went for the transgendered bathroom issue. For much of the last year we've been subjected to an endless stream of opinion from the left that a relatively small number of what I consider mentally ill people who are confused about what sex they are should be able to use the same bathrooms as our wives and daughters. Any guy who is so mentally ill that he has his penis cut off shouldn't be using the women's bathroom as far as I am concerned. Then the whole women in combat arms thing. I don't know how many of you are vets; I did 22 years in the Army Guard with my MOS' including 11H, 11B and 31B. Did a couple years overseas along the way. Women do not belong in combat arms. It's a much bigger issue than the desegregation of the military in the 50s, which it was constantly being compared to. Finally, Hillary being so willing to advance the issue of gun control. It stopped being a third rail issue and Dems went after gun control with glee. So yeah, I think they bit off more than they can chew. But also understand that I know they wont stop; they'll simply wait us out. I think when the last of the Greatest generation has died off, the Boomers are all elderly, and the Millennial are the majority, they'll finally have tipped the populations mentality enough that some of these things will be much more accepted. So we are simply fighting delaying action til then. So raise your kids as best you can to not follow along mindlessly with the messages the Left is selling.
So to summarize we need to tear the education systems apart and start over as clearly our children are being indoctrinated by leftist extremists not educated

So to summarize we need to tear the education systems apart and start over as clearly our children are being indoctrinated by leftist extremists not educated
Absolutely that is where you would need to start, but the resistance would be massive. Too many are already raised and made to think that such thinking is the correct way to look at issues

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top