JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When you compare radically different cultures like Sweden which is essentially a monoculture where people go out of their way to be kind to each other vs the US where its a constant clusterfug you really cant take raw numbers as gospel. I know everyone keeps talking about whatever lockdown they were forced to endure but most of the US didnt have any such lockdowns. I know my daily routine didn't change a bit except for when I actually had Covid. A few restaurants closed their in store service. Thats about it. Drive through still open,.
Numbers don't lie. Rationalizing statistical differences between countries is simply a defense mechanism to deny difficult or uncomfortable facts. Too bad. The numbers are what they are. Sweden got it right. The U.S. screwed up. End of story.

Numbers don't lie. Rationalizing statistical differences between countries is simply a defense mechanism to deny difficult or uncomfortable facts. Too bad. The numbers are what they are. Sweden got it right. The U.S. screwed up. End of story.
Lets discuss Japanese crime rates.

I worked both canneries and a meat packing plant in my 20's picked crops from 5 to 12
I edited my post twice but couldn't come up with a way to comply with forum rules. @Mark W. I wholeheartedly agree with you, most of us have to actually do the dirty/hard work in life and the others talking don't understand. What I will say referring to someone you may have been talking to, is that my teen kids don't drive brand new corvettes. They actually had to do actual work to obtain their 14 year old new to them vehicles.

Last Edited:
I edited my post twice but couldn't come up with a way to comply with forum rules. @Mark W. I wholeheartedly agree with you, most of us have to actually do the dirty/hard work in life and the others talking don't understand. What I will say referring to someone you may have been talking to, is that my teen kids don't drive brand new corvettes. They actually had to do actual work to obtain their 14 year old new to them vehicles.
And what you might have done 50 years ago isn't what kids or adults do today. If you go to a slaughterhouse or any other number of mind numbing, dangerous, low paying jobs today you aren't going to find traditional American people standing in line to get work there. It is next to impossible to find people to fill those jobs in todays labor market without using immigrant labor. Those jobs get people who are there because they A. Dont have any education and B. Dont speak English and C. Really dont have any other options. . Theyre here to work to get money to send home. They dont necessarily even really want to be here in thefirstt place but it beats where they are from in terms of employment opportunities and the kids gotta eat. The same reasons your family came here and my family came here 400 years ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top