JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hopefully not us. I don't want them here either. I just think the jobs majority of them take with a smile are 1M times worse than the ones we complain about and get compensated very well for. I know I b*tch and moan about my almost 60 an hour job all day lol.
Illegals are just as human as the rest of us, I worked construction with them for decades. Like the rest of us some don't like hard work and look for easy money. Selling drugs is easier than working and they all have ties to the cartels.

Not saying they all sell drugs but over the years I have seen a lot of people of every persuasion look for easier money.

When I started construction the pay was $5.25 an hour and decades later the work was still as hard as the first day.

My best friend in high-school went to work killing chickens at mutual produce on 9th st in Corvallis. He tried my line of work and couldn't handle it but said he had killed his last chicken. He went to driving long haul the rest of his life with his wife as a driving partner.
Not a bad gig driving across country with the wife, getting paid

Illegals are just as human as the rest of us, I worked construction with them for decades. Like the rest of us some don't like hard work and look for easy money. Selling drugs is easier than working and they all have ties to the cartels.

Not saying they all sell drugs but over the years I have seen a lot of people of every persuasion look for easier money.
Yeah I'm in construction too. Most sites I go to are super strict on citizenship status so I'm grateful for that. But you still do see some.

Man when I moved down to CA to work for a family member, it was asinine how many illegals we worked around on sites. They'd scatter like rats the second anyone came to inspect the projects and the general contractors were even warning them.

Yeah I'm in construction too. Most sites I go to are super strict on citizenship status so I'm grateful for that. But you still do see some.

Man when I moved down to CA to work for a family member, it was asinine how many illegals we worked around on sites. They'd scatter like rats the second anyone came to inspect the projects and the general contractors were even warning them.
It was as good a life as I could have had for my station in life. Hard work but it has benefits people who work indoors will never be able to enjoy.

I grew up watching the greats in man against man, never liked team sports. I like golf because it's just you against the course. Loved boxing when the greats were fighting. My most fun is competition against other shooters.
Name a pro team. I doubt that any of the members are from the town that roots for them. I've never understood that.

Name a pro team. I doubt that any of the members are from the town that roots for them. I've never understood that.
image3-2.png

The original post is about how easy it is to get killed in a calamity with just a few people screwing up their job.
How about when an entire government screws up its job?? Attached are latest statistics for select countries reported as of Sept. 1st. Note the United States, especially compared to Sweden which never locked down. Our Covid death rate per 10,000 population is drastically worse than Sweden, despite all the draconian federal/state/local government lockdowns and screwing us for two straight years. Numbers don't lie. And these are only Covid deaths. I'd really like to know how badly our suicide rate compares to Sweden in the wake of what our government did to us compared to the respect with which Swedes were treated. And as we all know our educational scores have completely tanked (while Sweden kept their schools open).

It wasn't just a few people who screwed us. It was our entire governmental system. Never again!

1693889679691.png

How about when an entire government screws up its job?? Attached are latest statistics for select countries reported as of Sept. 1st. Note the United States, especially compared to Sweden which never locked down. Our Covid death rate per 10,000 population is drastically worse than Sweden, despite all the draconian federal/state/local government lockdowns and screwing us for two straight years. Numbers don't lie. And these are only Covid deaths. I'd really like to know how badly our suicide rate compares to Sweden in the wake of what our government did to us compared to the respect with which Swedes were treated. And as we all know our educational scores have completely tanked (while Sweden kept their schools open).

It wasn't just a few people who screwed us. It was our entire governmental system. Never again!

View attachment 1482004
Your point being we should have been locked down more? Yep, we had a lot of Covid deaths or at least a lot of deaths reported as Covid deaths.My own uncle flat out absolutely 100% did die from Covid no question at all. A vibrant healthy guy dead in a week.Yeah, a lot of people died from Covid. I didn't see a lot of draconian lockdowns. I saw a lot of kabuki theater of zero value slowing down the inevitable. I saw a lot of idiotic refusal to get vaccines and such.

I didn't see a lot of draconian lockdowns.
:eek::eek::eek::eek: Respectfully, where did you find the cave you lived in during 2020 to 2022??? It sounds like a peaceful place.
I saw a lot of idiotic refusal to get vaccines and such.
This just in...
The first babysitter (or Lady), has had covid more than my "idiotic" unvaxxed self in spite of having more vaccine needles in her than a hype in Portland. Gosh, I thought we were done with this. Let's play nice and not call people idiots because they choose to do their own research and come to their individual conclusions about their best medical options.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Respectfully, where did you find the cave you lived in during 2020 to 2022??? It sounds like a peaceful place.

This just in...
The first babysitter (or Lady), has had covid more than my "idiotic" unvaxxed self in spite of having more vaccine needles in her than a hype in Portland. Gosh, I thought we were done with this. Let's play nice and not call people idiots because they choose to do their own research and come to their individual conclusions about their best medical options.
Yes it's called South Carolina. We didn't do that stuff

Cool for you. I guess the other 49 states didn't get the memo. Oh, and the training we used to do in South Carolina was locked down during that time, btw.

The only businesses that really shut down were restaurants mostly because they couldn't get staff to show up. I never stopped going to work . And it's not 49 states went full lockdown. 10 to 15 maybe. One of Governor McMasters major themes during his reelection was that he didn't shut the state down. We really didn't have compulsory lockdowns. A lot of companies chose to shut down. That's their choice.

Last Edited:
Seems just before the hurricane hit Florida a fuel company delivered diesel into the gas tanks of a bunch of service stations.

Imagine you topped off your tank to get out of Dodge and then your rig quit running.

It's OK because they'd all be counted as covid deaths to further justify our country's intentional ruination by the current administration.

Your point being we should have been locked down more?
Don't be ridiculous.
Sweden reacted rationally to Covid. Government's message: If you're sick then stay home. Otherwise life as before.
The U.S. reacted irrationally to Covid. Government's message: Everyone stay home regardless of health status. Lockdowns, masks, mandates, etc.
RESULT: Covid deaths per 10,000 population in Sweden (so far): 23
RESULT: Covid deaths per 10,000 population in U.S. (so far): 33
The U.S. has a rate of death from Covid that is 43% higher than Sweden. That is beyond statistically significant. It doesn't take a genius to conclude which country proved to have an intelligent and respectful response, and which country proved to be stupid and disrespectful of its citizenry.
Never again!

Don't be ridiculous.
Sweden reacted rationally to Covid. Government's message: If you're sick then stay home. Otherwise life as before.
The U.S. reacted irrationally to Covid. Government's message: Everyone stay home regardless of health status. Lockdowns, masks, mandates, etc.
RESULT: Covid deaths per 10,000 population in Sweden (so far): 23
RESULT: Covid deaths per 10,000 population in U.S. (so far): 33
The U.S. has a rate of death from Covid that is 43% higher than Sweden. That is beyond statistically significant. It doesn't take a genius to conclude which country proved to have an intelligent and respectful response, and which country proved to be stupid and disrespectful of its citizenry.
Never again!
When you compare radically different cultures like Sweden which is essentially a monoculture where people go out of their way to be kind to each other vs the US where its a constant clusterfug you really cant take raw numbers as gospel. I know everyone keeps talking about whatever lockdown they were forced to endure but most of the US didnt have any such lockdowns. I know my daily routine didn't change a bit except for when I actually had Covid. A few restaurants closed their in store service. Thats about it. Drive through still open,.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top