JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Again you do not understand the dynamics of the labor market post 2019. You can pay out the ying yang, you can make the job on a floating pillow of ambrosia. You still wont have enough people applying to keep the plant running. There are no "good men who want to work" out there. . Hahaha.
:D not trying to be offensive but they just don't want to work for you. I can read why, I have been around a long time and know what people want in life. It's not the pay, it's the company. Covid taught every worker what the company thinks of them. Mask and jab mandates, send you home for weeks. Not standing up for the workers in any way as the families suffer. They get hired tomorrow and the new jab comes out, you can bet the companies will mandate jabs.

Yall just don't get it, people are not going to work for companies that threatened their lives and livelihoods with vaccines that don't work.

Heck I would never work for any company that mandated jabs, especially after watching it all play out.

:D not trying to be offensive but they just don't want to work for you. I can read why, I have been around a long time and know what people want in life. It's not the pay, it's the company. Covid taught every worker what the company thinks of them. Mask and jab mandates, send you home for weeks. Not standing up for the workers in any way as the families suffer. They get hired tomorrow and the new jab comes out, you can bet the companies will mandate jabs.

Yall just don't get it, people are not going to work for companies that threatened their lives and livelihoods with vaccines that don't work.

Heck I would never work for any company that mandated jabs, especially after watching it all play out.
I have never worked for or actually been in any company that mandated vaccines. Anyone I ever sent home got paid for it .

As has been pointed out already you are working with a grossly outdated assumption of what the modern workplace is like .

Not trying to ruffle your feathers any further, but 10 years ago is about as relevant as 100 years ago. Hourly wage entry level jobs in light industry are in complete chaos. This is literally in the last 3 ( three) years.
I respectfully acknowledge yours years of experience, but things have changed.
:s0140: I don't have feathers. How many years do you think I worked to form my opinions? You don't stop learning because you retire, you actually learn moreas you have time.

When you look at something like covid you have to look at it from the shoes of everyone. If you haven't walked in the shoes you don't know what people might be thinking. If you figure out how to get workers to trust companies after how they were treated under covid then you will get rich.

It's about trust

My experience with them isn't that they work under the table. More like the US immigration system is so broken they can work for 6 months to a year before they get nailed for having fake documents. In that time, they pay "someones": taxes, social security etc but then as soon as they get busted, they bail to the next job with another set of fake docs and do the same thing all over again. Seen it over and over again. What happens to that money they paid into Social Security? It doesn't go them. Where does it go?
I would agree some are doing that, but certainly not all. Living in an area with an enormous immigrant population... you see all walks that are not confined to "legally" employable OR illegally, but gainfully employed job hopping on false docs. There are a significant number that do "under the table", working the benefits angle to support themselves.. many while working a side hustle... or outright participating in illegal activity.

You were pushing the argument that all your employees are long term year after year dedicated employees, but then state you see a lot of job hoppers with false docs. You can't have it both ways and only argue the "legal immigrants" angle in support of open borders at the exclusion of all else.

Just sayin... they are not all exclusively "legal immigrants", nor are they exclusively "illegals". I can't speak for all, but I am a staunch supporter of closing the border... however... I have ZERO issue with any immigrant legally entering the country with the desire to better their lives and contribute to society as a whole.

That's as much as I'll say on the off topic though.

I have never worked for or actually been in any company that mandated vaccines. Anyone I ever sent home got paid for it .

As has been pointed out already you are working with a grossly outdated assumption of what the modern workplace is like .
You jump to conclusions, just because I am out of the workforce it doesn't mean I don't know what's happening. I have friends and family still working and they share what it's like now on the job. Amazing what you can learn if you talk to employees. Your company ever take the time to study who would work for you?

Proof is always in can a company get people to work for them. It looks like people just don't like the companies and would rather look somewhere else.

I post in the survival area for good conversation and seldom disappointed. If you think about today and people refusing to work then what will it be like trying to get people to band with you. :s0142:

Seems just before the hurricane hit Florida a fuel company delivered diesel into the gas tanks of a bunch of service stations.

Imagine you topped off your tank to get out of Dodge and then your rig quit running.

Does not affect my MTB. I'm more worried about shortages of 7-Eleven bean burritos - a natural source of methane propellant. Ever see JATO bottles in action?

All of this back-and-forth reminds me of a quote from the great Vince Lombardi, Green Bay Packers coach
"The quality of a persons life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."

Today's workforce could give a rats rear end about commitment to excellence. That's old school.

The original post is about how easy it is to get killed in a calamity with just a few people screwing up their job. People may have died because the oil company didn't deliver the right fuel to the right spot.

As to your thinking construction workers are unreliable because they don't stay working for you, I worked almost my entire life in construction and only took odd jobs when no contracts were available.

I think I know why you can't find help :D good luck.
With all due respect I don't think @wired Is having trouble finding help. I think you're having trouble understanding the point he is trying to put across.

The same people you are saying are screwing people out of a job are doing jobs you don't want to do and if you were forced to, you'd split as soon as you can.

My job requires a license and I make about 120k a year minimum that's if I get no OT. I don't have any border jumpers working next to me. Thank God because I stay home a lot more often than I should 🤣

And it's not for lack of border jumpers around me. The slaughter houses and canneries around here are full of them.

I had a mysterious study hall teacher in 1968 who wrote "No Sports" on the board. He cringed when the yearbook photo was taken that day.
I grew up watching the greats in man against man, never liked team sports. I like golf because it's just you against the course. Loved boxing when the greats were fighting. My most fun is competition against other shooters.

Jobs suck because the company sucks. You can make life better for those doing hard work but companies think like you do, it's the nature of the work so it's hard. You see it no matter where you work, the old bosses with no new ideas on making work better.

Worked paving a lot and one company I worked for didn't have ditch gates on the trucks to make it easy to dump asphalt into the ditch. I asked the old boss why no ditch gates and he said " if you don't like to shovel then you don't want to work here".
Too stupid to try to make the work easier and people quit all the time. Including me, I don't believe in wearing out a human body when you don't have to in order to get the job done. Getting the job done is what we are paid to do.

Anyway good luck on finding help.
Again no hard feelings but you're comparing having to shovel some asphalt, for a decent hourly wage, to slaving in a bubblegumty hot warehouse ringing chickens necks for 7.25 an hour for 12 hours a day lol.

With all due respect I don't think @wired Is having trouble finding help. I think you're having trouble understanding the point he is trying to put across.

The same people you are saying are screwing people out of a job are doing jobs you don't want to do and if you were forced to, you'd split as soon as you can.

My job requires a license and I make about 120k a year minimum that's if I get no OT. I don't have any border jumpers working next to me. Thank God because I stay home a lot more often than I should 🤣

And it's not for lack of border jumpers around me. The slaughter houses and canneries around here are full of them.
I don't recall saying illegals are screwing anyone out of a job but those that opened the border are sure screwing us. :D
I do understand what wired is saying, I just don't agree with him. America isn't it great we can disagree. :)

While you are thinking about employment, where are the 7 million border jumpers going to work? There has been a huge number of businesses closing so who will pay the illegals way?

I don't recall saying illegals are screwing anyone out of a job but those that opened the border are sure screwing us. :D
I do understand what wired is saying, I just don't agree with him. America isn't it great we can disagree. :)

While you are thinking about employment, where are the 7 million border jumpers going to work? There has been a huge number of businesses closing so who will pay the illegals way?
Hopefully not us. I don't want them here either. I just think the jobs majority of them take with a smile are 1M times worse than the ones we complain about and get compensated very well for. I know I b*tch and moan about my almost 60 an hour job all day lol.

Again no hard feelings but you're comparing having to shovel some asphalt, for a decent hourly wage, to slaving in a bubblegumty hot warehouse ringing chickens necks for 7.25 an hour for 12 hours a day lol.
When I started construction the pay was $5.25 an hour and decades later the work was still as hard as the first day.

My best friend in high-school went to work killing chickens at mutual produce on 9th st in Corvallis. He tried my line of work and couldn't handle it but said he had killed his last chicken. He went to driving long haul the rest of his life with his wife as a driving partner.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top