JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Life's too LONG to be miserable.
To me.....that includes.
eject.jpg

Aloha, Mark

When you both share a hobby , it only gets better from there. I took the time to make sure I was compatible with my wife interest wise because I wasn't gonna change my path on adventuring through life before committing to the long term… I enjoy spending time with her outdoors and she impresses me with her vigor and will to go hard, she's a badass! I know a lot of men like to keep their hobbies separate from their partners for "space" or "me time" … I'm the opposite, I work so much I look forward to doing what I like with my partner by my side, laughing, be-bop pin' thru the woods or on the river. She owns half of our guns…I own the other half, which half is always the funny debate for us 🤘🤙🏼😎

Is the OP complaining because that is the situation that he is in? Or is it some observation? Is he asking for advice or is this a silent plea for help?

I've been married for 31 years. We started off with only joint accounts but as we made more money than our expenses, we started separate savings accounts. Growing up in the 70s and 80s, they told us that Social Security was going to run out and not rely on it being available.

With that in mind, we kept increasing not only the amount going into savings but the number if accounts. We realized that there were some hobbies that we didn't share. We have also always taken money out each payday from the ATM for spending money, there is always a need for cash.

If both individuals have a hobby account, then there really isn't a need for arguing... especially if the funds for the bills are already taken care of.

I got lucky too. Wife views lead as the new gold! She loves to see the gun safe over-flowing with AR's, AK's and Winchesters. I married up as did we all. All our wive's are not only better looking than we men, but may be a tad smarter as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Your ol lady was looking over your shoulder while typing that wasnt she?

Man asks wife "hunny can I have my balls this weekend all the other guys are bringing theirs?" Over the years I've heard my wife won't let me buy, have or do whatever from other men. I can't think of any that aren't divorced. The ones that re-married found someone with more common interests and less controlling.

The only time my wife gets itchy is if I buy the same gun more than twice, for example a while back I sold a Glock 42, then a couple months ago saw one with night sights and bought it.
I make enough so that she can just concentrate on selling her arts and crafts (which she is pretty successful at), so if she wants to squawk about it I tell her I'll cut off the cable and internet and she can go work at subway.

I haven't worked on almost 1.5 years. Her money, she gets a bit more of say, and the money ultimately is better served going towards flying so i can get back to work and then do what i want. If I'm selling/trading my stuff, she doesn't care. She also thinks I don't use what I have enough to justify more. As a bit of a minimalist I don't exactly disagree with the last bit.

She also thinks I don't use what I have enough to justify more
Talk like that is sheer LUNACY. It's borderline treason I tell you. Many of us have spent a lifetime cultivating the theory, uh, I mean FACT, that there is absolutely ZERO correlation between actual usage of the firearms we own and the need to acquire more. Folks, I think we need to have one of those interventions with our friend @Vierings before this lunacy is allowed to spread. :s0140:

I have a 19' Arima Sea Chaser. I love it.

This past summer, while out fishing for salmon, my wife said Honey, I think we need a bigger boat.

When 114 passed my wife asked if we should buy a few more guns, you know, just in case.

Keeper.

P

As you all know, I am single/divorced. So as of this point in time, I don't have issues with a SO or anybody else saying anything about how much or where or what I spend $ on. That said, I would not be opposed to partnering with a member of the fairer sex, but when it comes to my current and future assets (real estate, IRAs and personal belongings) those will be in a trust and will go to my daughter.

My daughter may not be able to work until retirement age, and is not currently able to save for her retirement. My own expected lifetime is about another 10-15 years.

If I ever do have a SO again, we will have separate accounts/assets and separate expenses. I am approaching 70 and I see no valid reason that a future SO should get a major share of the assets I have worked so hard for over the past 50+ years and sacrificed for so my daughter will have them when I am gone.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top