JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw this sign somewhere and shared it with the wife. She just laughed, she has no idea what I pay for a gun or how many I have. She has two and that's all she wants.

My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

If I ask before I purchase my wife is generally good about letting me buy a gun. If I don't she isn't thrilled but she doesn't get upset. I do have to sell something in order to buy something new. It's alright with me.

Been collecting and buying/selling guns for over 50 years. Long before I even knew my wife of over 43 years. In that time my wife has occasionally made a comment like, "Don't you already have a gun just like that?"
Of course these comments are because she cares so little about my guns that she doesn't really know one old single shot rifle from another, so they all look the same to her. But she's also only once mentioned, or had any concern about my collection, and that was the concern about what will she be burdened with after I'm gone. I gave her the name of an auction house and told her if she wanted to give the kids any guns that was fine. Then after that call the auction house and have them come over with their box van and pickup all the other guns, ammunition, reloading equipment, and antique gun tools and give her a receipt for all of it. Then when they sell it they'll simply send her a big fat check she can spend or put in the bank.
After that she's never cared about what I have or how to get rid of it later.

If I ask before I purchase my wife is generally good about letting me buy a gun. If I don't she isn't thrilled but she doesn't get upset. I do have to sell something in order to buy something new. It's alright with me.
But what if you didn't know you were going to buy a gun when you last saw her? Like in the morning, before she went to work? And I did, I mean, you don't carry a cell phone?

But what if you didn't know you were going to buy a gun when you last saw her? Like in the morning, before she went to work? And I did, I mean, you don't carry a cell phone?
LOL, I just had an instant on my Winchester 70, asked my FFL if he had a Colt SAA or cheap lowers, I'm glad he didn't :s0140:

Been collecting and buying/selling guns for over 50 years. Long before I even knew my wife of over 43 years. In that time my wife has occasionally made a comment like, "Don't you already have a gun just like that?"
Of course these comments are because she cares so little about my guns that she doesn't really know one old single shot rifle from another, so they all look the same to her. But she's also only once mentioned, or had any concern about my collection, and that was the concern about what will she be burdened with after I'm gone. I gave her the name of an auction house and told her if she wanted to give the kids any guns that was fine. Then after that call the auction house and have them come over with their box van and pickup all the other guns, ammunition, reloading equipment, and antique gun tools and give her a receipt for all of it. Then when they sell it they'll simply send her a big fat check she can spend or put in the bank.
After that she's never cared about what I have or how to get rid of it later.
My daughter recently expressed a similar concern.

I kind of blew it off, but I did tell her something along the lines that by that time she may see good reason to keep most of them.

I am not too concerned; her husband likes guns and I am pretty sure he would like to keep most or all of them. She doesn't dislike guns, and has some of her own, but could do without them too.

When l was married l used to hide my gun money rolled up in the cylinders of my Super Blackhawk. When l had 5 cylinders with 20s in em, I'd trade em for a 100. When 5 or six cylinders had hundos in em... time for shopping.

Now, l reminisce about those days as if living with that shrew, playing cat-and-mouse games, hiding whatever side-hustle money l could scrounge, was fun... it wasn't.

If you have to hide your guns or you money for your guns from your wife then you have bigger issues then buy guns.

I learned a long time ago to have patience when it came to buying guns and other major purchases. Once we became debt free we, my wife and I decided that we could now start buy more guns and having a little fun with our money while not loosing sight of paying off our house and adding money to our retirement.

I met the gal who six weeks later became my wife at the city archery club. Then we went to Cyprus for three years. I shot for the Army, and she watched - no civilian shooting in Cyprus at that time.

When we came back to UK I took up shooting in a civilian club again - so did she.

Until 1996 she was a shooter of great skill - with any handgun you put in her hands.

Regional champ, too.

Then, when we had our cartridge-firing handguns taken away, she gave up, and now only shows off her erstwhile skill with an air pistol on the health spa weekends she goes to with friends and a cousin, where she wipes the floor with the staff.

She has NEVER come between me and another gun - it is the government that did and does that.

I have been married for 34 years. My wife and I share all expenses. She is a homemaker and raised our kids. I have spent many years helping young couples before they get sideways and sometimes after. All I can say is this. My wife and I never hide anything in finances from each other. Our limit has always been $250 without telling the other person or having financial impact discussions about it ( on purchases) ( unless birthday or Christmas gifts). Just something we set and it has causes any surprises. We don't ask for permission, we ask if the money is there and we can afford it.

Communication is always the key in my opinion.

Last Edited:
Many guys have to ask their wives permission to buy a gun.
I have heard a number of excuses from married men that their wives won't let them buy a new gun or they have to ask the wives before they can buy and she would say, No! Is it because you have too many already? Or she rather you spent the money on her instead? Or she don't want to deal with all the gun stuff after you die? Or you spending all your time playing with your guns and not with her? Or she know that you are financially irresponsible and spending hard earned money on guns and not saving your money? Or she's concerned about gun safety with chidren in the house? And What else?
Marriage is a team, that team should have the same goals. When I want something I just bother my wife until she begs me to but it. Then I get what I want and I stop bother her until the next time and we both get what we want.

I buy what I want when I want but this is funny.

12189738_10153126048762595_5226181883791131198_n.jpg

Come on guys just offer to buy here a pair of shoes first.
1673366446656.jpeg

I am not too concerned; her husband likes guns and I am pretty sure he would like to keep most or all of them.
^^That's great. I don't think I will be so lucky with our daughters' future husbands, just based on their choice of boyfriends. But I do have a niece and a couple nephews who are gun people.

^^That's great. I don't think I will be so lucky with our daughters' future husbands, just based on their choice of boyfriends. But I do have a niece and a couple nephews who are gun people.
I want her & her husband to keep the SHTF guns I bought for them. Beyond that, it is up to them what they do with them. I think they will keep them all - they will have little reason to sell them; they don't have kids and with the inheritance I give them they won't need the money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top