JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does a 300 BO (Black out?) caliber firearm shoot like a 30-30 and a 30-06 in power and distance?

Excuse my ignorance here. Thank you.

Take care.

Cate
Not even. Closer to a 7.62x39. same case as a .223. Cut down a bit and necked to 30 cal. You can push a 150 grain to 2200 fps or so. It's really made to launch 220 grain at 1000 fps to keep them subsonic.

Not even. Closer to a 7.62x39. same case as a .223. Cut down a bit and necked to 30 cal. You can push a 150 grain to 2200 fps or so. It's really made to launch 220 grain at 1000 fps to keep them subsonic.

Ok and thanks. I have never seen a 300 BO firearm at my range. And if someone was shooting one, they were not shooting close to me at my favorite ranges or 'bays'.

I have shot a couple of .223 rifles.

I shot one 7.62 x 39 rifle in GJ, CO on BLM land and another one at a high power shoot in my former Great Lakes state at my Sportsman's Club.

The one rifle (SKS?) at the SC was owned by a buddy of mine who was a club member like me. My old friend was a Nam Vet and he showed me his rifle and another tall/big man stood by me when I shot it too.

The one on Colorado BLM land was by a stranger who owned the 7.62 x 39 rifle who saw me shooting a CF rifle (Ruger Mini 14.) for the first time ever in my entire life. My Nam Vet friend owned the Mini 14 rifle. I was not going to shoot it unless the stranger and my trusted friend showed it to me and stood by me because I had ONLY shot my first CF rifle in my entire life 20 some minutes before the stranger came over to me and wanted me to try it out. He saw me shoot a whole BUNCH of handguns and that Mini 14.

Thank you for the information. Good shooting to you!

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
I enjoy shooting a lot of guns, and varied rounds I reload for.
The gun that never stays home and has proven accuracy & reliability is my HK VP9SK.
It's a perfect fit in my hand, and we seem to think along the same lines 95% of the time there are bullets chambered and targets down range.
10K rounds & going strong.

It is big bore week around my neck of the woods. So my favorites for the moment are my marlin 45-70 I am developing some whoop arse 305gr extreme penetrator rounds for. And a pair of 458 socoms, one pistol one rifle that I am developing super and sub hunting loads for. E2F3105F-E33B-47D2-BECD-0278660DA03C.jpeg 9680CEF4-438F-4721-9070-7FA1608A4A86.jpeg 2A928C47-CDDD-4A9E-BD04-18464FF634BB.jpeg 77369DFC-4D91-4D8C-AC26-0E5D90FBF8D4.jpeg

I know we're supposed to say something really cool that we have, and makes us giddy as a school girl but the fact of the matter is my "favorite" is my first. Plain Jane Mossberg 500 with an 18.5" security barrel. Stated the whole thing out that way and it therefore had the biggest impact on my life. Also killed my first game animal with it, which in hindsight was an ugly kill. Always has and anyways will stand guard as my HD gun and will be the first to come with me if "S" does indeed ever "HTF." No need for a picture, you seen it if you've ever been to a gun store

Last Edited:
WOW! That's like asking me which is my favorite tool in the garage. It depends on what
I want to do.:rolleyes:
I guess when it comes to firearms though, it would be a toss up between my S&W 469 and my S&W Mod. 15-1 Combat Masterpiece. They both feel good in my hand.:)

WOW! That's like asking me which is my favorite tool in the garage. It depends on what
I want to do.:rolleyes:
I guess when it comes to firearms though, it would be a toss up between my S&W 469 and my S&W Mod. 15-1 Combat Masterpiece. They both feel good in my hand.:)
My favorite tool in the garage is my 1943 South bend lathe. My favorite wife's name is Natasha.

IMG_20201001_173214.jpg
It seems to change on a pretty frequent basis, but right now it's the one I'm not supposed to have, my Q Honey Badger. I took this photo about a week before the ATF decided to reclassify it as an SBR instead of a pistol. Now I'm waiting on my E-file Form 1 to be approved so I can put it back together.

Trying to pick just one favorite really makes my head hurt as my interests are far too varied. A few I'm really "fond" of might include:

5.7X28mm SBR AR DSC02822.JPG
CZ 452 .17 HMR
P2120009.JPG
Early Ruger 10-22 with finger grove stock.
P3232851.JPG
STG58 FAL on Imbel receiver.
P5233064.JPG
5.45X39mm Saiga AK
P3232844 (2).jpg
Suppressed High Standard Trophy with Burris FastFire.
PB130740-1.jpg
5.8M Springfield M1 Garand.
PA161321.jpg
1981 vintage Springfield M1A
P3180008.JPG
I could go on but I think you can see my dilemma.

Last Edited:
I love each and every one of my guns EQUALLY!

Hang on a second...

*runs and closes the bedroom door*

Sorry, they were listening.

It's a tie between my Wilson CQB and my M&P 9mm CORE w/Apex trigger. I mean the Wilson is just a beautiful gun and a joy to shoot. And the M&P is just workhorse that runs and runs and didn't cost an arm and a leg. But I can't let the children know I have favorites. :)

Right now, probably a couple of the shotguns.
My ol' H&R and Dad's 1100 lightweight, both 20's.
My brother and I both have bad memories of Dad's JC Higgins Model 20, but I pulled it out of the case the other day and threw it up on my shoulder.....man, it was like the thing was an extension of me!
I'll have to give that one another go, once the ranges open back up.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads