JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know. Its like picking your favorite kid. OK. Its easy to do sometimes. The youngest boy is my favorite. Don't tell him. This is my favorite gun right now. SBR SIG 300 BO rattler upper on an M400 SIG lower. Elcan Docter scope.

OwKuLi.jpg
nMrmIw.jpg

Last Edited:
Maybe the Winchester 9422 in 22lr.

Or the Marlin 1894CSBL in 357.

Or perhaps the AR pistol in 5.56 with the 10.5" barrel.

Or maybe the... Let me get back to you when I decide.

The older I get, the less I am into pistols, although that was what I mostly purchased for a while, and the more I am into 22 rifles. Mostly because they are fun and cheap. Especially combined with my Dead Air Mask suppressor. There's nothing like a suppressed bolt action 22 shooting tiny groups or picking off targets like a barely audible laser. It's like the fun of learning to shoot all over again but with a greater appreciation of what you're doing.

So I guess it's going to be a toss up between my Winchester 9422 (reminds me of my old Red Ryder) or my stainless Ruger American Rimfire in 22 with iron sights or possibly my CZ 457 in 22 (once I get to shoot it!).

Then again, I have been tinkering with my Mossberg 500 again. And I do have an urge to test the Glock 45 against my XDm in 9mm.

Nope. Even reflecting on the question doesn't make it any better. I like them all.

Last Edited:
Easy answer for me.

Its my .54 Caliber Hawken Rifle copy.
36 inch barrel made by Orion , Ron Long percussion lock and a walnut stock , carved from a local tree that was hit by lightning.

This rifle has keep me fed with grouse , deer , bear , elk and antelope.
It has also won many a rifle shooting match.
My Hawken is my primary shooting firearm....and the one that I can trust to use , when I really need to make the shot....:D
Andy
Hawken.jpg

Easy answer for me.

Its my .54 Caliber Hawken Rifle copy.
36 inch barrel made by Orion , Ron Long percussion lock and a walnut stock , carved from a local tree that was hit by lightning.

This rifle has keep me fed with grouse , deer , bear , elk and antelope.
It has also won many a rifle shooting match.
My Hawken is my primary shooting firearm....and the one that I can trust to use , when I really need to make the shot....:D
Andy
View attachment 760923

OUTSTANDING smoke pole Andy! But a trade knife?

OUTSTANDING smoke pole Andy! But a trade knife?

Thanks.
Of course...they were an extremely popular item of use during the fur trade...by traders , trappers and tribes.
The one shown was made by Christopher Johnson circa 1890 or so...
The original handle broke and now has a horn replacement and a brain tan , quill worked scabbard.
Its the one in the "top center" position.
It still is used for a camp , kitchen and hunting knife....it is of high quality for sure.
DSC06772.jpg

My Beretta PX4 Storm 45 APC is my favorite firearm. It gets a bad rap online. Seen alot of people who thinks it's ugly and clunky. But I love the way it feels. Weight. Also I'm more accurate with it than all my other handguns.

wm_12497519.jpg

My CZ 457 LUX bolt action rifle in 22wmr.

(My CZ 457 LUX bolt action rifle in 22lr comes in second.)

Those two rifles are my only firearms, by choice, even though I can use some other ones here in my home that belong to my husband.

I would still be happy with only ONE rifle at my age (Bolt action or lever action.) with arthritic hands and how often I shoot now too.

But I would want what I OWN now in very specific knives, axes and 'hawks.

(I gave my CZ 455 LUX rifle to my husband. I doubt if I will get another sweet lever action rifle at this stage in my life too.)

Since Andy mentioned knives... grin.

Knives? Fixed blade only for me.

I have some top favorites in Made in Idaho BUCK knives, Made in New York Ka-Bar knives, and a few other QUALITY name brand FIXED blade knives.

Axes and 'hawks?

Estwing axes and 2 Sog 'hawks.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
I know. Its like picking your favorite kid. OK. Its easy to do sometimes. The youngest boy is my favorite. Don't tell him. This is my favorite gun right now. SBR SIG 300 BO rattler upper on an M400 SIG lower. Elcan Docter scope.

View attachment 760914
View attachment 760954

Does a 300 BO (Black out?) caliber firearm shoot like a 30-30 and a 30-06 in power and distance?

Excuse my ignorance here. Thank you.

Take care.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads