JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Winchester 1885 Low Wall with a custom 6.5TCU barrel and scout scope:

DSCF0015.JPG

Here is a 6.5 TCU cartridge with a 120gr speer bullet next to a .223:

DSCF0017.JPG

Why the forward scope? Easier to aim than irons, gun remains as handy as with irons, and the loading port is more exposed than with a conventionally mounted scope. About a 200yd deer gun, but I haven't shot any yet. :(

Ever since I saw this photo probably 20 years ago I've harbored a dream of one day owning an original WWII, full-auto model of this thing of rugged beauty:

PPSh-41.jpg

I freely admit that it's a ludicrous want - there's no way I'll ever be able to afford one; it would serve absolutely no practical purpose whatsoever; the drum magazines are legendarily finicky and annoying; its rate-of-fire is comically high; at ~3.5 seconds to empty the thing, it would be horribly expensive to run; etc. etc. etc. But it's always fascinated me - the design, the history, the whole thing.

It is my favorite gun. I wants it! I covets it! My preeeccioussss! :D

My needs are small. I still work, but I also collect Social Security, which means I'm old as dirt.

I love my Marlin stainless steel tube loader with the scope that dials up 4-16x. I have knocked off crows with it from plenty distance. You just have to adjust the parameters while you work against the crow. At those ranges, most of the time they don't even realize they are the target. I HATE crows. Don't get me started.

It's hard to pick a favorite. I have a Ruger MK2 that is reliable as sunrise. But after I got into black powder a bit, I realized I actually had more involvement in the shooting process and FUN with the Colt Navy. Right now, it's my favorite to actually shoot in the field when camping. My Lady Smith 357 and the old Winchester model 70 are just for protection in the high country. I rarely spend bullets on them. My only other weapon is a Model 4506 S/W. Same thing with that. Saving the ammo until times get better and more ammo is available.

ColtNavy1.jpg

My dream gun is a simple one, too. I would like to own a Marlin 'Guide Gun,' the 45/70 Government. Ever since I shot one, I have always wanted the sheer firepower and that amazing KA-BOOM behind it.

Last Edited:
Ever since I saw this photo probably 20 years ago I've harbored a dream of one day owning an original WWII, full-auto model of this thing of rugged beauty:

View attachment 763286

I freely admit that it's a ludicrous want - there's no way I'll ever be able to afford one; it would serve absolutely no practical purpose whatsoever; the drum magazines are legendarily finicky and annoying; its rate-of-fire is comically high; at ~3.5 seconds to empty the thing, it would be horribly expensive to run; etc. etc. etc. But it's always fascinated me - the design, the history, the whole thing.

I used to own one when you could buy 1200 rounds for $75. Theyre not that fast firing. 13 rounds a second so you could light up 71 rounds in more like 6 seconds. Very controllable. Never heard of magazine issues with them. I never had any.

Well, I'll jump into this pool too. Handgun- my 1911s in 45acp Long guns- Mini 30 with red dot and my 30-30 Winchesters. Yeah I also get Social Security and am still working every day. Older than dirt but am possessed with a young heart. :D

I love my Ruger 77 circa 92 in 7x57 and also my Tikka LSA65 in 30-06 and 6.5x55. All are great shooters. But favorite to shoot would be my Dad's Winchester 69a in 22S/L/LR with peep sites. It just takes me back to basics and is fun.

View attachment 763286

Is that the Soviet PPSh-41?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews