JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me, that's a tough one, and I suppose it would depend on the situation. If I were able to bug-in for a lengthy time, I would probably use my 6.8 SPC AR, or maybe my AK-74 for short foraging missions. If I had to bug out with my family, it would either be my 5.56 Noveske (with the wife and kids getting the SIG 556, AR15A2, and Golani for ammo uniformity), or my Romanian AK, with the family getting my two other AKs and SKS. I would probably bring my FAL or H&K 91 clone as a backup.

Pistol would be my Glock 19, with the Browning Hi-Power for the wife.

If space permits, I would bring my Swede Mauser FSR for medium range sniping.

I have to go with nwcid. The OP said weapon. not weapons.
The 10/22 is a great reliable simi 22 cal, and useful as a food getter, and defensive weapon. It holds lots of shots, and will get the job done as far as you can accurately shoot with bullet placement.
At one time, the world record Griz was killed with a single shot from a 22. I don't think one would have to defend against an army of Griz in most cases.;)

Many years ago as a young grunt, we carried about 80 lbs of gear in the field.The weapon for us riflemen was the Mi Garand, and just it alone got heavy after a 10 to 20 mile march. The Army kept us in good physical shape to do this.They packed extra ammo for us in vehicles. Today the average person better think twice before packing an arsenal of weapons and ammo with them in a SHTF scene. Get a good semi auto 22 shooter, and get good with it. JMO!

AK-47 and NO Shirt ON.

If your going to do it, do it right,

80658339.jpg

Great points, smoothbore. I really like the .45 ACP for a sidearm, but one time at a store I picked up a 250 round pack of 230 gr. .45 ACP with one hand, and picked up a 250 rd. pack of 115 gr. 9mm with the other. Obviously a significant weight difference. And the more miles you walk, the heavier the stuff you're wearing seems to get.

Glock 19

I'd rather not attract attention to myself by carrying a long-gun and I can keep a G19 on me while doing other work. I have other options and I might use those as well depending on the situation. But, if I had to run out the door with just one gun, it'd probably be a G19. YMMV and all that...

how dare you guys have guns. i have decided to not own guns anymore, they are all gone along with all the ammo i had purchased... you think they bought it?

If I had a M1A like SgtNambu I would go with that but I don't, closest thing would be my mini-14 but I am not a fan of the 223 for long range or stopping power. I will take my bolt 30-06. The fear a marksman or 'sniper' on the battlefield is second to none.

thats nice!
I will still stick to my Tavor though. as much as my SCAR 17 out shoots it, its as compact as a SBR and, at least to me, it feels right.
Although the SCAR, for a battle rifle, if one sweet shooter.
I bought mine 20 years ago for east WA white tail when there was a 3 deer limit and the wheat fields were a mile wide, I never realized how accurate it was until I noticed my friends , who were good marksmen, wounding deer on the long shots with more expensive rifles and then nailing them when they used my Savage!
I would say clean livin' earned me that rifle, except I was near the biggest sinner in the county at that time!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top