JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A friend of mine who lives in New York State had an "unfortunate boating accident" shortly after Cuomo's SAFE Act was passed. ;)

I looked into what you're supposed to do after a "boating accident", and there is a federal form you have to fill out.
Falsifying that form could get someone serious prison time...
Or give them grounds to search you having not filled out such forms when the time comes....

I looked into what you're supposed to do after a "boating accident", and there is a federal form you have to fill out.
Falsifying that form could get someone serious prison time...
Or give them grounds to search you having not filled out such forms when the time comes....

Good to know. My friend didn't exactly say what was or wasn't lost.....

I have a few higher end options, but for me reliability is very important.

AK47, Remington 870 Police, and Glock 19.

Been a few weeks since I posted this and While I think i would still stick with the Tavor, the SCAR 17s is really growing on me. If I had to pick a handgun, it would by my MK25. no question. and as I only own 1 shotgun, its the Benelli M4. I figure that if its a Mad Max type of SHTF, the benelli would be renamed.. Tenderizer.

This, probably.
pq.jpg

As it's value vs a bersa has been mentioned recently in another thread, I would like to mention the 580 series Mini-14 in stainless as my SHTF weapon for many a scenario.

I think the 580 is superior to the rack grade AR and in 762X39 (SS) superior to Most ARs.
(I say this having never owned a 580, just lowly blued 180's, that with TLC, shoot MOA w/ bulk ammo). The big advantages are:
A huge extractor!
A proven design, W/O that horrible charging handle which will Not clear a jam like any Garand style, steel constructed, charging handle will do, in a heart beat!
Positive Ejection: Mini's throw brass into the next county, a nuisance in peace time, not in a fire fight!
Steel construction: Ok so it rusts, paint it!
A wooden stock (for a wooden Butt-Stroke!)
I could go on, but this is an educated crowd, I leave the rest to you!

Last Edited:
they have a reputation of not being very reliable.
Plus, if you ever watched the A-team, they cant hit the broadside of a barn either. ;)
That was a family show from the late 70s! They weren't allowed to spill blood, those "misses" were precise well placed shots!
Seriously though unreliable? I must be very lucky with the two I've owned then. They've been flawless.

That was a family show from the late 70s! They weren't allowed to spill blood, those "misses" were precise well placed shots!
Seriously though unreliable? I must be very lucky with the two I've owned then. They've been flawless.

I could never figure out how to break the one I had down, but I was very new to guns then. How is maintenance on yours?

The first one I owned I never cleaned and it somehow worked out for me. They are pretty easy to disassemble, just cock it and put on the safety then pry out the trigger guard assy with a drift pin or something. The rest is pretty intuitive. Getting the bolt back in can be tricky at first though.
It doesn't even get very dirty there anyway. All the mess is around the gas block and doesn't really effect the operation.
Most of the time I do a minimum cleaning with a bore snake and call it done.

One of the first firearms I ever owned was a Mini-14, bought in 1986, when I was a Pfc. in the Marine Corps. At the time, it was an okay rifle. I sold mine after a year or two, and never really missed it. Ruger can be hit/miss on barrel quality control, and mine was no tack driver.

The first one I owned I never cleaned and it somehow worked out for me. They are pretty easy to disassemble, just cock it and put on the safety then pry out the trigger guard assy with a drift pin or something. The rest is pretty intuitive. Getting the bolt back in can be tricky at first though.
It doesn't even get very dirty there anyway. All the mess is around the gas block and doesn't really effect the operation.
Most of the time I do a minimum cleaning with a bore snake and call it done.
Thanks. Always thought the mini looked cool. Still as a peasant, the AK is my speed i guess.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top