JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What comms tools are you prepping?

• Backup cell phone

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Cheap walkie talkie

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Higher-end portable radio

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • Basic HAM radio setup

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • Nothing - I don't like talking to people.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • Other

Votes: 15 15.6%

• Total voters
I heard about GMRS recently and getting the radio license is pretty simple. Looking into what kind of GMRS radios there are and seeing what that system is capable of.
There are many flavors, I started with the Beafeng 82HP & 5R, then stepped up to the Wouxin 935gplus. The Wouxin is better built and sounds better but have 4-5 of the others to give out if needed. DM me if you need further help, I'm a newbie myself but have figured out a lot in the last month or so.

There are many flavors, I started with the Beafeng 82HP & 5R, then stepped up to the Wouxin 935gplus. The Wouxin is better built and sounds better but have 4-5 of the others to give out if needed. DM me if you need further help, I'm a newbie myself but have figured out a lot in the last month or so.
I have a bunch of Midlands that have worked very well for me. On certain GMRS channels you can transmit up to, I think it's 5 watts handheld and 40 watts mobile. It's something like that. I've used them riding quads and GMRS works great in the woods. We even seem to have made it over a pretty big hill. I think I'd probably mostly be on Ham 2-meter in a widespread emergency situation.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 8.56.55 AM.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads