JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the title states. if everything goes south.. what is your go to firearm.

and for SHTF, i am guessing no law and order.. dog eat dog times and not just the power going out for a few days.

For me, its my Tavor, it just fits for me. My ar and my SCAR all need some adjustment, or to run in ball pounding single point slings. The Tavor is perfect for me as when I carry it in the Savy Sniper sling, I simply have to reach down and my hand is on the grip and I simply need to raise it and I am ready. to me, thats perfect for a battle weapon.

Two trusted AR's with 55gr ammo, a 12ga shotgun with 00 buck, and a Glock21 and a Springfield 1911.

There are more, I'd like to think that would hold 'em off for a while....

Remington 1100 with a 30" barrel 12 rd magazine rifle sights loaded with #4 and #OO buckshot or slugs depending on range to target and how bad I want to mess it up.

With #4 Buck I can throw 324) .24 cal round balls in the time it takes for an AR-15 to fire 20rds.

With #OO Buck I can throw 108) .33 cal round balls in the time it takes for an AR-15 to fire 20 rds.

or just throw 9 ounces of lead down range. and take out an engine block.

Or my M1 Carbine

Norinco MAK-90. Reliable. Tough as nails. And I can pillage and plunder the dead enemy for more ammo. Afterall, I sure hope I'm not going to be shooting at my fellow American 5.56 consumers. Sidearm would be either my Sig 9mm or my SR22. Probably the Sr22 only because I can carry a LOT of food for it. But the Sig could be comfortably carried in a different holster rig to make them both easily go on walkabout with me. And if there's room in the truck, my trusty side-by-side, for "close encounters".

If it came down to it, I would probably carry my AR15, with my Sig 229 on my chest rig and possibly the Glock 22 on a drop leg holster and the 357 either on my ankle which probably isn't feasible with the distances I would be forced to travel otherwise it might go into a pouch. If I was able to take a second long gun it would probably be my Mossberg 930SPX. Although in all honesty if SHTF actually happened I would be tempted to hunker down (if possible) and make an exit at an appropriate time.

Right now it's a pair of Mini-14's - one fully auto, the other one scoped. They are probably going to be replaced by AR style rifles. Also planning on one semi auto .308 and one long distance rifle, and a shotgun. If we have to bug out, the wife is gunna be pissed having to carry all that and the ammo as well...

Well, first its my EDC - forehead for head butts, elbows, finger tips, palm strikes, hammerfists, knees, feet.
Then a Spyderco Delica.
Then a snubbie or small 9mm.
If I couldn't avoid it , then my M&P15, or Arsenal 106fr, or Saiga 7.62x39.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top