JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmm, Tough question.

1692817794433.png

But seriously, folks:

.250-3000 Savage. Because it taught me to shoot, and becomes the favorite of anyone who's ever shot one.

No one mentioned this one…
king arthur strength GIF by Disney

…Excalibur. :s0030:

I guess I would go with 30 Caliber…With a broad variety of bullets, one can go from mild to wild.
At this point in life, I am sticking to the mild side of chamber choices. (300 Blackout, 308 Winchester)

Tough one... and depends on the purpose. Mainstays....

Big game: 30-06
Foul/small game: 12ga pump or 22lr
Truck/field/utility rifle: 30-30
Rifle plinker: 5.56, 22lr
Defensive: 5.56
BOB survival rifle: 22lr

Handgun defensive: .40S&W
Handgun plinker: 9mm

Most rifle and handguns have dedicated 22lr counterparts or conversions when you just wanna punch random holes in shtuffs for git's & shiggles.

Last Edited:
13 calibers in the current stable, multiples on some of them. hard to pick a favorite. years ago my favorite was a 6mm Remington in Mauser 98, flying swastika's and all, heavy Douglas barrel, Timney trigger. it had a 30 inch barrel when I got it, I had it cut to 26. as close to a sniper rifle that I have ever handled. untold # of rock chucks to its credit, deer, coyotes, crows. it came off the warm springs res, I was told it was the elk gettin gun.

I hunt and shoot paper out to 200 yrds. So for hunting I like a 300 Win Mag. I've shot antelope with 125gr handloads,
deer with 150's and elk with 180's. At the range at 100 yds I can shoot all three with about a 3.4in up/down differencial.
And that's touching nothing on the scope set at 6X. I'm not saying this is ideal, but it works good for me. Because of age
and gun weight I've recently been shooting a much lighter .308 also always on 6X. Again using 125's, 150's and 165 for
the three critters mentioned above. This year will be a test. My knees are gone and backing up to tree to take care of
business might get messy. I'll see. I've drawn Northside tags for deer and bull elk, a place I've hunted since 1970. It's
killing me to think of ever giving up hunting.

25 35 shot my first buck in 1962 winchester 1894 carbine!!!!!!!!!! the one i have now 26" rifle, rings the 200 yard gong 2 out of 3 shots with marbles tang sight. 30 30 32 spl. 38 55 all Winchester 1894

103_0104.JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top