JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Circumstances behind the shooting I guess is what I am asking. What motivated this guy to do what he did?
-E-

I apologize - I did not intend to nit-pick at your post. I thought the question of circumstance was relevant, in that focusing on the specific moment, one may lose sight of the bigger picture.
It's been my experience, when people lose their sheite, the provocation came long before, and is unrelated to, the triggering incident. Or, they are just plain evil -- which I suspect is the root cause in this case.

Hello @MarlaSinger.

Once upon a time when I was a young broad of about 34 there was a guy...

I was in love with him. It took me several months to figure out he was alcoholic. He lived in a different city and spent about two nights a week at my place. So the patterns were less obvious than they might have been otherwise. And he never got obviously drunk. But my dad had been a high functioning alcoholic. So I should have recognized the signs. Yet it took me about four months to recognize and admit he was alcoholic .

He was given to jealous rages. I'm highly monogamous. Don't even relate to multiple partners. Had never dealt with anyone jealous before. One time he showed up without prior arrangement and got into a suspicious fit because there was a strange car parked in front. I lived in a four-plex adjacent to other houses with three or four apartments each. Of course there were often strange cars around. He was supposed to call me and arrange to come over. (No, I never got so far as giving him a key.) But sonetimes he just turned up. I realized that this guy was trying to catch me with someone else. There wasnt anyone else. Nor was there ever reason to suspect anyone else. Realized intellectually he was probably capable of killing me for some imagined infidelity . But didn't relate to it emotionally.

I dumped him, told him I never wanted to see him again. More for the alcoholism than fully relating to the dangerousness of the jealousy . He was sure this meant there was someone else. He came back one night about a week after I dumped him...unannounced. I stood on my side of the locked door with a 6" Security 6 in my hand and told him to go away, and I'd kill him if he broke in. (Second story apartment but door was flimsy.) And I would have. Would have had to. He was always armed. And I told him through locked door if he ever came back I would call the cops immediately. Which I would have. Even though I still loved him. I broke up with him because he was alcoholic and dangerously jealous. The being-in-love hormones took about three months to go away, even though reality had fully penetrated intellectually. Once the hormones associated with love and sex cleared out of my system, I was shocked at how many signs of trouble I had ignored.

I moved a couple weeks after the breakup. I thought I might be in danger from that guy. And it was worth a good deal of trouble to never be put in a situation where I either got killed by or had to kill someone I actually knew. So I told only a few close friends the new address and asked them not to pass it along. And when I got a new phone I used a false name, though I always paid bills with checks in my real name. The guy was much older than I. I maintained the false-name phone number up until a couple of decades later. Until I saw an obituary. I don't know whether the guy ever looked for me again. If so it would have taken more than just looking me up in the phone book to find me. Had he asked one of my friends, they would not have given him any info and would have told me. I leveled with them about the situation.

About five years after the bad affair I happened upon an article in a women's magazine that was basically ten (or x-many) signs that your lover/husband is a psychopath. My guy checked every box. Why had I never recognized it before then? Why had I needed just some instinctive vague feelings of danger plus my aversion to alcoholism to tell me to get out? And to take some extra precautions? How the he!! could I have fallen in love with such an inappropriate guy in the first place? I was no spring chicken by then, well beyond my first lover. I had broken my own rules in multiple ways. And I'm supposedly one of the more sensible people around. Not that time. Oh well. At least I lived. Through no great wisdom of my own. Mostly just from luck.

Many of us are pretty honest and straight forward. We have to trust to form even ordinary friendships. And falling in love involves a reality-altering state anyway. As does the euphoria associated with good sex that gives all life a warm glow and makes problems and flaws seem minor. @MarlaSinger , don't beat yourself up. You aren't the first person to get involved with the wrong person. You won't be the last. You lived through it. Plenty of people dont. I'm not Jewish, but I am a big admiror of Jewish culture. In this season of holidays I remember the summary I read of the average Jewish holliday: "Try tried to kill us. We survived. Let's eat."

I'd suggest focusing on the practical. Is the guy in prison or loose? If loose, how likely is it that this guy would come back and try again to rob or kill you? It sounds like you may not know. In which case putting valuables in safe deposit box, getting a new security system and changing to new social media accounts and untraceable phone numbers, and informing any friends of yours he knew to keep your info secret should happen immediately and won't cause much inconvenience. Maybe add a Ring gadget so you always know who is at your front door. Never open your door without knowing who is there first through cameras or a Ring gadget. And consider additional possibilities such as moving, legally changing name, getting a large dog, getting a room in a house rented by others so you aren't on paperwork anywhere, selling car and buying new vehicle through a private party etc. Tat is, if he is not in prison.

Maybe the guy was not a psychopath but actually crazy. Maybe there was a tumor growing in the wrong part of his brain and he flipped out and killed whoever was around at the time. Or whoever he felt closest to.

It won't necessarily be possible to understand what happened and why immediately or even ever. So don't put the rest of your life on hold until the arrival of Perfect Understanding. Most of us manage to breath every day while knowing little about how breathing and lungs work beyond mechanical analogues. A good thing none of us have breathing that depends on Perfect Understanding. Fortunately not a single part of life requires Perfect Understanding. Just enough understanding to get on with.

I was tempted to write this as a PM. Embarressing and humiliating. But, @MarlaSinger , I'm sure you aren't the only person on this forum who has ever run into a psychopath or crazy person or potential murderer, whether psychopath or not. Or who will some day. Nor is the problem just one for women. There are women psychopaths out there too. And Heaven help the man who runs into one. They end up with false charges of abuse, groundless restraining orders, robbed, with piles of credit card debt, or dead. These days they might get red-tagged and lose all their guns too. Or have them all mysteriously stolen. I feel fond of a number of those on this forum, and so I expose my feet of clay hoping that it might comfort you and any others who have had such an experience and need a little comforting, and perhaps forewarn those who might meet such a person in the future

Psychopaths are usually charming, charismatic, controlling, manipulative, exploitative, ruthless, and expert at lying and deceiving. They may or may not be capable of empathy, ability to tell what others feel. But they are incapable of caring about others or recognizing any motive other than their own self-interest. Sorta like a Florida alligator. It will eat anything sufficiently smaller, including other gators. If you meet a gator it assesses relative sizes and advantages in terms of element of surprise and distance from water. In water, if much smaller than you it tries to steal your fish. If bigger and you're both in water it goes for you. No compassion or ethics or morality is involved. Even professional psychiatrists who know they are dealing with a psychopath find it difficult to avoid being suckered into their reality. About 1% of the population are psychopaths. There are lots of articles on the internet about spotting them, including among coworkers. Not all are killers. I've seen it said that up to 10% of CEOs and those at the top of various organizations or competitive fields may be psychopaths.

I think consulting a psychiatrist is a good idea. Especially one experienced with PTSD. If one is unhelpful get a different one. It will take a while to get over it well enough to enjoy life again. You are likely for some time and possibly always to feel like the walking wounded. However, I'm 76. I'm a widow. My husband died when I was 28. One of my friends lost her 21-year old daughter of a brain tumor. Another lost his 23-year old son of a car accident . Many of the vets on this forum had friends blown to pieces in front of them or die in their arms. These experiences scar us. The pain never entirely goes away. But it does lessen. And it is possible for life to return to being enjoyable and worth living. Life itself is wounding. We either die young or sooner or later become one of the walking wounded. The goal is to do as well as we can while wounded.

Last Edited:
Hello @MarlaSinger.

Once upon a time when I was a young broad of about 34 there was a guy...

I was in love with him. It took me several months to figure out he was alcoholic. He lived in a different city and spent about two nights a week at my place. So the patterns were less obvious than they might have been otherwise. And he never got obviously drunk. But my dad had been a high functioning alcoholic. So I should have recognized the signs. Yet it took me about four months to recognize and admit he was alcoholic .

He was given to jealous rages. I'm highly monogamous. Don't even relate to multiple partners. Had never dealt with anyone jealous before. One time he showed up without prior arrangement and got into a suspicious fit because there was a strange car parked in front. I lived in a four-plex adjacent to other houses with three or four apartments each. Of course there were often strange cars around. He was supposed to call me and arrange to come over. (No, I never got so far as giving him a key.) But sonetimes he just turned up. I realized that this guy was trying to catch me with someone else. There wasnt anyone else. Nor was there ever reason to suspect anyone else. Realized intellectually he was probably capable of killing me for some imagined infidelity . But didn't relate to it emotionally.

I dumped him, told him I never wanted to see him again. More for the alcoholism than fully relating to the dangerousness of the jealousy . He was sure this meant there was someone else. He came back one night about a week after I dumped him...unannounced. I stood on my side of the locked door with a 6" Security 6 in my hand and told him to go away, and I'd kill him if he broke in. (Second story apartment but door was flimsy.) And I would have. Would have had to. He was always armed. And I told him through locked door if he ever came back I would call the cops immediately. Which I would have. Even though I still loved him. I broke up with him because he was alcoholic and dangerously jealous. The being-in-love hormones took about three months to go away, even though reality had fully penetrated intellectually. Once the hormones associated with love and sex cleared out of my system, I was shocked at how many signs of trouble I had ignored.

I moved a couple weeks after the breakup. I thought I might be in danger from that guy. And it was worth a good deal of trouble to never be put in a situation where I either got killed by or had to kill someone I actually knew. So I told only a few close friends the new address and asked them not to pass it along. And when I got a new phone I used a false name, though I always paid bills with checks in my real name. The guy was much older than I. I maintained the false-name phone number up until a couple of decades later. Until I saw an obituary. I don't know whether the guy ever looked for me again. If so it would have taken more than just looking me up in the phone book to find me. Had he asked one of my friends, they would not have given him any info and would have told me. I leveled with them about the situation.

About five years after the bad affair I happened upon an article in a women's magazine that was basically ten (or x-many) signs that your lover/husband is a psychopath. My guy checked every box. Why had I never recognized it before then? Why had I needed just some instinctive vague feelings of danger plus my aversion to alcoholism to tell me to get out? And to take some extra precautions? How the he!! could I have fallen in love with such an inappropriate guy in the first place? I was no spring chicken by then, well beyond my first lover. I had broken my own rules in multiple ways. And I'm supposedly one of the more sensible people around. Not that time. Oh well. At least I lived. Through no great wisdom of my own. Mostly just from luck.

Many of us are pretty honest and straight forward. We have to trust to form even ordinary friendships. And falling in love involves a reality-altering state anyway. As does the euphoria associated with good sex that gives all life a warm glow and makes problems and flaws seem minor. @MarlaSinger , don't beat yourself up. You aren't the first person to get involved with the wrong person. You won't be the last. You lived through it. Plenty of people dont. I'm not Jewish, but I am a big admiror of Jewish culture. In this season of holidays I remember the summary I read of the average Jewish holliday: "Try tried to kill us. We survived. Let's eat."

I'd suggest focusing on the practical. Is the guy in prison or loose? If loose, how likely is it that this guy would come back and try again to rob or kill you? It sounds like you may not know. In which case putting valuables in safe deposit box, getting a new security system and changing to new social media accounts and untraceable phone numbers, and informing any friends of yours he knew to keep your info secret should happen immediately and won't cause much inconvenience. Maybe add a Ring gadget so you always know who is at your front door. Never open your door without knowing who is there first through cameras or a Ring gadget. And consider additional possibilities such as moving, legally changing name, getting a large dog, getting a room in a house rented by others so you aren't on paperwork anywhere, selling car and buying new vehicle through a private party etc. Tat is, if he is not in prison.

Maybe the guy was not a psychopath but actually crazy. Maybe there was a tumor growing in the wrong part of his brain and he flipped out and killed whoever was around at the time. Or whoever he felt closest to.

It won't necessarily be possible to understand what happened and why immediately or even ever. So don't put the rest of your life on hold until the arrival of Perfect Understanding. Most of us manage to breath every day while knowing little about how breathing and lungs work beyond mechanical analogues. A good thing none of us have breathing that depends on Perfect Understanding. Fortunately not a single part of life requires Perfect Understanding. Just enough understanding to get on with.

I was tempted to write this as a PM. Embarressing and humiliating. But, @MarlaSinger , I'm sure you aren't the only person on this forum who has ever run into a psychopath or crazy person or potential murderer, whether psychopath or not. Or who will some day. Nor is the problem just one for women. There are women psychopaths out there too. And Heaven help the man who runs into one. They end up with false charges of abuse, groundless restraining orders, robbed, with piles of credit card debt, or dead. These days they might get red-tagged and lose all their guns too. Or have them all mysteriously stolen. I feel fond of a number of those on this forum, and so I expose my feet of clay hoping that it might comfort you and any others who have had such an experience and need a little comforting, and perhaps forewarn those who might meet such a person in the future

Psychopaths are usually charming, charismatic, controlling, manipulative, exploitative, ruthless, and expert at lying and deceiving. They may or may not be capable of empathy, ability to tell what others feel. But they are incapable of caring about others or recognizing any motive other than their own self-interest. Sorta like a Florida alligator. It will eat anything sufficiently smaller, including other gators. If you meet a gator it assesses relative sizes and advantages in terms of element of surprise and distance from water. In water, if much smaller than you it tries to steal your fish. If bigger and you're both in water it goes for you. No compassion or ethics or morality is involved. Even professional psychiatrists who know they are dealing with a psychopath find it difficult to avoid being suckered into their reality. About 1% of the population are psychopaths. There are lots of articles on the internet about spotting them, including among coworkers. Not all are killers. I've seen it said that up to 10% of CEOs and those at the top of various organizations or competitive fields may be psychopaths.

I think consulting a psychiatrist is a good idea. Especially one experienced with PTSD. If one is unhelpful get a different one. It will take a while to get over it well enough to enjoy life again. You are likely for some time and possibly always to feel like the walking wounded. However, I'm 76. I'm a widow. My husband died when I was 28. One of my friends lost her 21-year old daughter of a brain tumor. Another lost his 23-year old son of a car accident . Many of the vets on this forum had friends blown to pieces in front of them or die in their arms. These experiences scar us. The pain never entirely goes away. But it does lessen. And it is possible for life to return to being enjoyable and worth living. Life itself is wounding. We either die young or sooner or later become one of the walking wounded. The goal is to do as well as we can while wounded.
First off! I appreciate your honesty and your experience 😍your bravery very much saved you from something horrIble. I unfortunately was not paying attention, not excuse, just a fact. Unfortunately he is not my first psychopath and I honestly doubt he will be the last. Because I am such a feeling, conversational and resilient person they seem to flock to me like flies on honey:( I am usually more attentive to recognizing them and leaving them in my dust. But this guy was not only good, I was devastated with the death of my father. Inside I knew someone could never be this nice… especially not a man! Lol no offense! But he was like a sweet wounded puppy who needed someone too and it was nice to not be alone in my misery and to be near someone who made me laugh. He felt normal in a world if chaos. I now realize I was so broken I probably looked like a nugget of gold on the side walk… easy for the taking:( I learned a valued lesson. Im not bitter over it, im honestly better for it. I had my 9mm on me but it was so far out of my reach if I would have went for it, he would have shot me more times and places. You see he had the advantage, he knew I carry. I had no idea he had a gun till he shot me. Taking one to the head and pretending to die so hed leave was convenient to the situation and what happened. I wasnt going to be the only person he killed that night so im happy I had all his info for the police and he only made it 60 miles before being arrested. I feel like what I did saved lives. I saved my life. I saved someone elses life too, we are just unsure of exactly who.

Rules To Live By: :s0093:

1. Don't ever marry someone you wouldn't go into business with.
2. Loaning money to a family member has less odds of a return than a crap table.
3. An acquaintance is different from a friend.
4. Always stand behind the shooter.
5. Before taking a new train, check the baggage car.
6. Exes often don't consider themselves as such.
Check the baggage car? Lol

"In reality we were just trying to work out being friends."

I'm curious as to what this means.
We decided 20 minutes earlier that a relationship would not work and we should just be friends. He shared information with me I can not share with you but it was a huge red flag I was in danger. Then a fist fight of my life broke out and I ran for my phone not knowing he was armed, or thinking hed shoot me…:/ I was an idiot I should have went for my gun before the phone. I honestly didnt have enough time to assess what was happening. It moved pretty quickly from there.

Very sorry that you had such a terrible experience.

Professional counseling would probably help you come to grips with what happened a bit faster. If you're a praying person, then prayer will help.

I'm one of those people who has serious 'trust issues'. Evil exists, and sometimes we get blindsided by it.

But Good also exists. Try to surround yourself with as much Goodness as you can. In my experience, just being involved in wholesome activities with wholesome people is beneficial.

When I was a kid, I had the experience of being made to get on my knees while an older boy held an arrow to my temple with the bow fully drawn. Fortunately, all he wanted was to be a bully. But I learned that Evil can show up anytime, anywhere.

We have a new member in our extended family, who wants to go shooting with me. Maybe that will happen, but I don't plan to put a loaded gun into his hands until I get to know him much, much better.

I wish there was an easy and quick way to restore our faith in humanity, once that has been damaged or lost.

Good luck to you, ma'am. I'm glad you survived.
I am sorry to hear of your torture. What an evil bully! I really hope karma kicked his bubblegum! 🤗

I apologize - I did not intend to nit-pick at your post. I thought the question of circumstance was relevant, in that focusing on the specific moment, one may lose sight of the bigger picture.
It's been my experience, when people lose their sheite, the provocation came long before, and is unrelated to, the triggering incident. Or, they are just plain evil -- which I suspect is the root cause in this case.
I honestly dont know. No one does. One sec he was begging me not to call the police and then he shot me in the head while i was speaking to dispatch. I later learned he went into his house kissed hos mother goodbye and go more ammo and headed south on the 5 with the intention of killing more. Idk who or what. Just that he lost the motivation and was arrested roughly 50-60 miles from where he left me laying in the street.

You can't plan for every eventuality. It sounds like you did as well as you could given the circumstances. Don't second-guess your past actions, but move ahead with your life.

I'm glad you made it.

I really appreciate everyones well wishes and attention to details:) I was really wanting to not post this for a watch your back scenario or a dont trust ppl discussion! I was really hoping more too focus a bit on what actually happens to you if you survive a bullet too the head. I work in hospitals all over the Portland metro and after being shot myself, it is a very rare occurrence someone survives this type of wound. I had multiple situations against me including hallucinations and shock at my assault sight, but im smart enough too know how to turn my hair into a compression kit and keep my blood from pouring out my body. I almost bled to death. I lost more then half my blood. I passed out multiple times and had a stroke but I didnt let myself give into the pain until the first officer arrived on scene. First thing I am going to say is, know where your trauma centers are located. Very important! I knew I was far enough in the sticks that by the time an ambulance arrived id be half alive if I didnt get my bleeding under control. I was in an unfamiliar area. Dont let ppl look at it or gawk, just hold your wounds closed until help arrives and memorize your name, dob, blood type and emergency contact number. If youre lucky like me and survive, you will have one amazing story to share! Peace be with you! "Lets Eat!" Lol! I love it:D

We decided 20 minutes earlier that a relationship would not work and we should just be friends. He shared information with me I can not share with you but it was a huge red flag I was in danger. Then a fist fight of my life broke out and I ran for my phone not knowing he was armed, or thinking hed shoot me…:/ I was an idiot I should have went for my gun before the phone. I honestly didnt have enough time to assess what was happening. It moved pretty quickly from there.
This probably doesn't need to be said, but this should be a HUGE take-away...if you're already at the point of a fist fight and calling 911 a gun should be in your hand before a phone.

It was written up as a domestic violence dispute because in the state of Washington thats what you are if youve gone out on a single date.
I honestly dont know. No one does. One sec he was begging me not to call the police and then he shot me in the head while i was speaking to dispatch. I later learned he went into his house kissed hos mother goodbye and go more ammo and headed south on the 5 with the intention of killing more. Idk who or what. Just that he lost the motivation and was arrested roughly 50-60 miles from where he left me laying in the street.
Please tell us this creep has been charged with attempted murder and not just domestic violence.

First off! I appreciate your honesty and your experience 😍your bravery very much saved you from something horrIble. I unfortunately was not paying attention, not excuse, just a fact. Unfortunately he is not my first psychopath and I honestly doubt he will be the last. Because I am such a feeling, conversational and resilient person they seem to flock to me like flies on honey:( I am usually more attentive to recognizing them and leaving them in my dust. But this guy was not only good, I was devastated with the death of my father. Inside I knew someone could never be this nice… especially not a man! Lol no offense! But he was like a sweet wounded puppy who needed someone too and it was nice to not be alone in my misery and to be near someone who made me laugh. He felt normal in a world if chaos. I now realize I was so broken I probably looked like a nugget of gold on the side walk… easy for the taking:( I learned a valued lesson. Im not bitter over it, im honestly better for it. I had my 9mm on me but it was so far out of my reach if I would have went for it, he would have shot me more times and places. You see he had the advantage, he knew I carry. I had no idea he had a gun till he shot me. Taking one to the head and pretending to die so hed leave was convenient to the situation and what happened. I wasnt going to be the only person he killed that night so im happy I had all his info for the police and he only made it 60 miles before being arrested. I feel like what I did saved lives. I saved my life. I saved someone elses life too, we are just unsure of exactly who.
There was nothing brave about what I did. I, too, was emotionally off balance at the time. After my husband died I was seriously depressed and totally without libido for about four years. Then I finally started recovering and looking on life and men with interest again. Then, I met the psycho. And I did lots of unwise things. Including actually ignoring his threat to kill me if I ever cheated on him. A threat or attempt to intimidate that serious should have been a relationship ender. In my right mind it would have been. But it didn't seem quite real, as I couldn't imagine cheating on anyone. Nor realize that a jealous mind can invent transgressions. So the fact that I was not ever going to cheat was actually irrelevant. And I was at least feeling alive after having felt dead for four years. His turning up uninvited and charging up the stairs in a rage expecting to catch me with a lover just because there was a different car in the street in front of my four-plex was the eye opener. And that level of distrust wasn't something I wanted to live with, even if it wasn't dangerous. After that I was never able to sleep with him again. Sex was still possible. But not sleep. My instincts were telling me I was in too much danger to sleep. After three sleepless nights my conscious brain finally caught up .

You might have screwed some things up in getting into the relationship. As so many of us non-psychopaths have. However you sure did everything right in fighting for your life when it came to that. Very few people would have managed to do what you did to survive. You have my profound respect.

Psychopaths are expert at finding your weakness, figuring out exactly what you need, and tricking you into thinking they can provide it. I learned that from a Jordan Peterson YouTube video. It would probably be in one of his lectures on personality types that includes a whole section on psychopaths. Below is a shorter bit of his about psychopaths that is part of his analysis of Pinochio. Start at 1:30. If you meet a psychopath, which you are likely to sooner or later, how expert they are, how unlikely you are to be able to see through them. At least if you don't know anything about them. I doubt you will be deceived by one again.

One good way to avoid psychopaths is to meet and get to know their friends before you get serious about them. Psychopaths abuse and exploit nearly everyone. So their success often depends upon moving around, changing jobs, having few if any long-term friends. And it might be worthwhile checking, long before you become enamoured, to make sure a new prospective significant other or employee or prospective business associate is really who he says he is, has a drivers license with his photo on it, has the job he says he has, and has actually gone to the college he claims to have gone to.

Last Edited:
Hello @MarlaSinger . Since you liked my quote expressing the Jewish attitude toward unfairness, good, evil, and surviving through it all without becoming bitter...which is crucial, because even though most of us have serious justification for bitterness, actually being bitter is a soul crusher.... I'll add a video in the same vein. It's the song "Tradition" from the musical Fiddler on the Roof. This is an especially good version of the song, and includes the written lyrics, and the whole thing is funny. But the main point I love most is in the short bit about the town's "beloved rabbi." This is a small mostly Jewish town in Russia. The head of state is the Tzar, who is responsible for many pogroms and deaths of Jews. The piece shows a townsman asking the rabbi "Is there a proper blessing for the Tzar?" Go to 3:44 to see how the Rabbi answers.

Last Edited:
No worries! We're all friends here. Even Stomper. :D

Plus, you're a fellow HK fan. Bonus points.

-E-

Dear Marla,

I am sorry to read that your Father died. May he rest in peace.

I am very sorry to read that you were almost murdered by that man that you thought that you could trust as a FRIEND.

I am literally at a loss for words to type now and that does not happen often.

I can think of things to say to you in my head but I can't put them down on paper.

I sincerely hope that you will get BETTER physically and emotionally!

I believe that you WILL get better and that you have a strong instinct to SURVIVE in your 'makeup'.

Suffering a physical and/or an emotional assault is a horrific thing to go through. Some people never have it happen to them and some do or very close to it. And every single person handles it differently.

Don't let HIM, the criminal, control how you live the rest of your life but be CAREFUL!

I hope that they put him away for attempted murder.

I do BELIEVE in God and I think that He was watching over you AND you have a Guardian Angel. I will pray for your physical and emotional healing.

You already know about the 'safety factors' when it comes to your home and surroundings. Some people have mentioned them here and they are all over the WWWeb.

There are EVIL people in this world. Plus throw in all of the other official words for various personality types that have been mentioned here and elsewhere.

Take good care of yourself. Stay safe and warm.

I will pray for you. May you heal up in all ways.

Sincerely,

Catherine
Western Montana

That was a hell of a read. Did not expect that sort of story to be shared much less on here. Thank you for your time, and in a way, you.

Not too sure if it is relief to post your story or pure anxiety. I know it can't be easy to say what you said to anyone, much less the internet where trolls are everywhere. Emotions aren't always respected online. They are often read differently online than a person might be able to articulate.

You sound strong, I don't really know, again the Internet. If you where able to know what to do having taken a gunshot wound to the head, your likely 400% stronger than many posting here. I'd likely have just lied there in shear panic or??? Honestly, I can't "put myself in your shoes". I don't think many can. Like you said, how many survive a gunshot to the head? You are the first I know of and I don't even know you.

I have zero advice for what to do next. I don't think you were asking for that though. If anything, I can provide thanks. Thank you. Thank you for sharing your story. It is thought provocative. It will likely bring good discussion, pending moderation…

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews