JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To your point, we would probably see a dissolution of the Federal government and balkanization of the United States into smaller like minded regions that are easier to govern. Assuming there was not a radioactive cloud circling the earth.
Maybe. Again it depends on cultures and beliefs.

Anthropologists have found under population 500 (roughly) people are able to govern themselves. Over 500 and the strong begin to take advantage of the weak, i.e., enslavement, theft, use of force, etc.
That'd make for 800,000 or so "villages" :eek: out of 400,000,000 people estimated

Edit added #. Also; America had 2.5 million at founding; and then 123 million by 1930; before NFA1934

Local, maybe State, definitely Federal governments. Depends on the severity and the populations will, behavior. Strong religious communities (Amish, Mennonite, Baptist, Catholic, Buddhist, Muslim, etc) are more likely to thrive and weather through things that could end countries. More likely local-State level governments would change a bit according to the people in the areas, and then depending on how friendly people are.. perhaps the Federal government would remain much the same with just some aspects differing.
I foresee all of these religions establishing their own little theocratic enclaves!

Maybe. Again it depends on cultures and beliefs.

That'd make for 800,000 or so "villages" :eek: out of 400,000,000 people estimated

Edit added #. Also; America had 2.5 million at founding; and then 123 million by 1930; before NFA1934
In "Apocalypse" I assume a mass human die off. Could leave some areas/regions "mostly" untouched, or such could be averaged/roughly equal globally.

Because, well...apocalypse.

I foresee all of these religions establishing their own little theocratic enclaves!
Don't forget the LDS, they're about the most prepared physically with food, supplies, and plans... but also in social organisation..
"Billionaires" like Bezos and Gates will survive on their plantations in New Zealand with their slaves and private militaries..

"Billionaires" like Bezos and Gates will survive on their plantations in New Zealand with their slaves and private militaries..
IF - and it is a big IF - they can get to NZ when SHTF happens.

More than a few recent world events have shown that it is not always possible to bug out to your BOL, especially when it involves getting on a plane and flying thousands of miles overseas. The distance from SEA to NZ is 6300 NM - currently there are maybe less than half a dozen typical (not commercial airliner size) private jets that can fly that distance non-stop safely (with enough fuel left to deal with headwinds/etc.).

If China gets into a Kerfuffle with the USA/etc. over the "S. China Sea", it may not be safe to go to NZ - even with something happening in the USA it might be better to stay here, and may not even be possible to get to NZ; the area may be a "no fly zone".

IF - and it is a big IF - they can get to NZ when SHTF happens.

More than a few recent world events have shown that it is not always possible to bug out to your BOL, especially when it involves getting on a plane and flying thousands of miles overseas. The distance from SEA to NZ is 6300 NM - currently there are maybe less than half a dozen typical (not commercial airliner size) private jets that can fly that distance non-stop safely (with enough fuel left to deal with headwinds/etc.).

If China gets into a Kerfuffle with the USA/etc. over the "S. China Sea", it may not be safe to go to NZ - even with something happening in the USA it might be better to stay here, and may not even be possible to get to NZ; the area may be a "no fly zone".
Good points re: the rest of us. Billyunaires could make it happen- maybe leaving early.. generally and in my case, hunker at home is our plan. We're old and not in good health anymore, sooo... Holy Mother, here we come!😇

Good points re: the rest of us. Billyunaires could make it happen- maybe leaving early.. generally and in my case, hunker at home is our plan. We're old and not in good health anymore, sooo... Holy Mother, here we come!😇
I doubt most, if any, billionaires with that kind of influence would want to make SHTF happen.

Most of the time, there are warning signs for SHTF scenarios, so yeah, some may decide to take a "vacation" and/or business trip. But sometimes there are Black Swan events that happen without warning.

A wise person with their kind of resources would have multiple redoubts in various safer places than their home, including some close enough and situated where they could get there by land in a few hours.

If they were very wise, they would already be at one of their BOLs - living there. Once you have $1B or more in disposable cash, you really don't need more to live comfortably somewhere, so you don't need to live in Metropolis and keep working - but many do because they are empire builders and that is how they get their kicks. Actually, a few million is plenty for most people to retire, maybe a few tens of millions.

I doubt most, if any, billionaires with that kind of influence would want to make SHTF happen.

Most of the time, there are warning signs for SHTF scenarios, so yeah, some may decide to take a "vacation" and/or business trip. But sometimes there are Black Swan events that happen without warning.

A wise person with their kind of resources would have multiple redoubts in various safer places than their home, including some close enough and situated where they could get there by land in a few hours.

If they were very wise, they would already be at one of their BOLs - living there. Once you have $1B or more in disposable cash, you really don't need more to live comfortably somewhere, so you don't need to live in Metropolis and keep working - but many do because they are empire builders and that is how they get their kicks. Actually, a few million is plenty for most people to retire, maybe a few tens of millions.
I wasn't suggesting that the rich would make shtf happen, I meant rather that with that kind of $$$$ and influence they could probably make their escape happen.
We live near the shadow of Cheyenne mtn, so our chances of escape are slim at best. Nowhere to run :eek: anyway...

...We live near the shadow of Cheyenne mtn, so our chances of escape are slim at best. Nowhere to run :eek: anyway...
crop.jpeg
:D

For those of you that haven't read the works of the drug adicted welfare queen, here is a quick sumation:

All the oligarchs get tired of how they are being treated with disrespect so they dip out to private retreats leaving the nation without CEO's, company presidents and "job creators" and society falls apart and begs them to come back to save everyone. Turns out we accidently found out that is 180* from reality and we can function fine without them and the folks we really need are the line cooks, truck drivers, maids, trash collectors and all the minimum wage people. those are the people we need to keep society going
The people mentioned ALL work for SOMEONE. Without employers...those jobs cease to exist.

As for the industrialists leaving (as in the book), in the end, they all come back to bring structure to the rebuilding which will require the muscle you speak of.

And as for Ayn Rand's use of public benefits like Social Security, she paid for those benefits...unlike many of the bottom feeders of today who take umbrage of her very famous works.

Nobody will remember US when we're gone, but they will know the name Ayn Rand for a long, long time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top