JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My two go-to's are the Rangeman and old school 5600. Also have a few automatics for reeeeal long term shtf situations.
gshocks.jpg

But my dream watch would be the Marathon GSAR..maybe the wife will surprise me someday ;)
gsar.png

What are you guys using for your one and done, bug-out, shtf watches?

Yeah..G-shocks are like a virus. I wore one back in the late 80's while in the service, so a few years back decided to get a replacement. That started a collection.
I wear 'em until they die… they usually last +/- 5yrs which isn't bad since I pay absolutely ZERO attention to "shielding" mine from the rigors of the day's events. Sometimes I have to replace the wrist band.

The one I have on now needs a new battery as the display dims when I hit the illumination button in the dark…. not a difficult operation.

If/when TSHTF, I won't have any more meetings to attend or call into and will not care what time of the day it is, therefore no more need to have a watch.

I wear 'em until they die… they usually last +/- 5yrs which isn't bad since I pay absolutely ZERO attention to "shielding" mine from the rigors of the day's events. Sometimes I have to replace the wrist band.

The one I have on now needs a new battery as the display dims when I hit the illumination button in the dark…. not a difficult operation.
Rumour has it they'll take a direct hit from a 50 cal :s0003:

lol

Not a prepper watch but these at Amazon have everything I need. Thin, band doesn't come off or break, stopwatch, countdown timer, easy to read, battery lasts for years. I bought 2 of them for $13 each thinking one might break or battery go bad but it never has. I have a nice Swiss watch also but these are outstanding for everyday beater watch imo.

4B0471DE-0ACD-47C7-BF1B-70D7F21358E3.png

I have a "cheap" knockoff copy of a Seiko "Captain Willard " watch...by Addiesdive.
Cheap is in quotes because it is a very rugged and dependable watch.

Water resistant to 200 meters...the luminous is bright and long lasting..and it's an automatic watch.
Movement is a Japanese NH35 24 jewels.
About every two days or so...the watch "loses" about a minute..or maybe less...which is to be expected.
And easy enough to correct.

I did replace the original band..which was decent , just wanted a different type / color.
The replacement band is by CNS & Watch Bands
www.cnswatchbands.com
I have several of their watch bands and all are excellent.

Downside to the watch...it is a cheap Chinese knockoff.
One day I will get the actual Seiko watch it copies.
Andy

Edit to add :
Please note that I am not saying that my watch is "just as good " as the watch it copies...or any other well made automatic watch.
I am saying that for $100 it has proven to be a good rugged and dependable watch.

Last Edited:
I have a "cheap" knockoff copy of a Seiko "Captain Willard " watch...by Addiesdive.

Water resistant to 200 meters...the luminous is bright and long lasting..and it's an automatic watch.
About every two days or so...the watch "loses" about a minute..or maybe less...which is to be expected.

I did replace the original band..which was decent , just wanted a different type / color.
www.cnswatchbands.com

Andy

Edit to add :
Please note that I am not saying that my watch is "just as good " as the watch it copies...or any other well made automatic watch.
I am saying that for $100 it has proven to be a good rugged and dependable watch.
The NH35 movement is imo, probably the best price/performance movement out there. They run forever. Two of my automatics use it, an unbelievably affordable Invicta which was sub $100, and a Long Island Watch Islander DPA..$150. Both keep excellent time when worn.

I also love Seiko, and am probably going to get the Seiko SNJ025..which is the re-issue for the classic "Arnie" commando watch. It's less than 1/2 the price of the Marathon GSAR @ $400, that extra $600 can buy a lot of ammo ;)

Invicta Pro Diver and Islander DPA:
20240324_092610.jpg
20240324_092647.jpg

And the Seiko SNJ025:
1131288559.jpg

Currently no watch and no desire to wear one.
I have a Wenger somewhere. It's the only watch that has lasted for more than five years on my wrist. The only criteria I had when I bought it was that it has a sapphire crystal, since I seem to trash mineral crystals. It's like the one pictured below, except the date is at the four and has a sapphire blue bezel with white face. IIRC, it was "seamaster" or "mariner" or some crap like that. When the wrist band broke, I went watchless for a few years until my wife bought me a Suunto Core. I liked the Core for its elevation readings. I've chewed through two of them -- the buttons on that watch don't fare very well.
If SHTF, a watch is low on my list of priorities.

1711300057149.jpeg

Last Edited:

www.cnswatchbands.com

Andy

Edit to add :
Do you know a few things about the colonel that weren't in the dossier?

A watch may be important for SHTF.

If you need to coordinate an activity everyone being on time for the task is nice....
You can use the watch to judge distance from sound....
Might make a good trade item....
Also it is a way to have some control or provide meaning in a time when most things are not under your control.

In addition to the watch I mentioned in post #14
I have a wind up WESTCLOX pocket watch...not the most expensive pocket watch out there....but it does what it needs to do...
Tell the time.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews