JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a formally trained watchmaker, though I work with RF now, I'm naturally more inclined to mechanical time pieces, though I do like Swiss quartz as well. Tissot Heritage and PRX, and my 36 mil Rolex Datejust are my mainstays.

20240323_101619.jpg 20240319_154132.jpg 20240314_164954.jpg

A watch may be important for SHTF.

If you need to coordinate an activity everyone being on time for the task is nice....
You can use the watch to judge distance from sound....
Might make a good trade item....
Also it is a way to have some control or provide meaning in a time when most things are not under your control.

In addition to the watch I mentioned in post #14
I have a wind up WESTCLOX pocket watch...not the most expensive pocket watch out there....but it does what it needs to do...
Tell the time.
Andy
If it a SHTF deal gps will most likely be down

Any watch with a battery is not a sound "prepper" choice.
A Seiko 5 automatic mechanical watch is around 150 bucks. No battery, winds itself, waterproof, shockproof, lasts for a long time. My first one lasted for over 10 years and it never came off my wrist 24 -7.

If it a SHTF deal gps will most likely be down

Tough to do with a digital watch....:eek: :D

Kidding....I learned how to use my watch as a compass a long while ago at Boy Scout camp.
Andy

I do not like watches, so I've never worn one and don't ever plan to wear one. There are 3 times of the day I care about and those are: when I have to be at work, lunch and when I get to leave work. If it hit the fan, two of those things would no longer be a priority. Just a clock puncher's perspective

I do not like watches, so I've never worn one and don't ever plan to wear one. There are 3 times of the day I care about and those are: when I have to be at work, lunch and when I get to leave work. If it hit the fan, two of those things would no longer be a priority. Just a clock puncher's perspective
I think it's mainly a generational thing. I had/have a lot of co-workers under 35 who don't wear watches..and usually don't read 'paper' books. I'm just old I spose. I've been seeing a ton of people wearing apple watches, my wife included, but I don't see them as watches as much as phones on their wrist.

I think it's mainly a generational thing. I had/have a lot of co-workers under 35 who don't wear watches..and usually don't read 'paper' books. I'm just old I spose. I've been seeing a ton of people wearing apple watches, my wife included, but I don't see them as watches as much as phones on their wrist.
I'm barely under 35, and I do read paper books. I just don't like things hanging off my body. Feel the same way about necklaces/lanyards and hats.

Casio Pro Trek. Solar, radio multi band updates, altimeter, compass, barometer, temperature, world time... yada yada typical shtuff.

Main selling point for me: Durability, solar and time readout big enough, contrasting enough and backlit so I can read it without glasses.

SHTF backup though is plain old mechanical. Can't go wrong there. Less concerned about trying to keep an appointment as I am in using it for navigation.

1711447221746.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top