JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd love to know what you end up going with! Would like to get some for our property
I put a link in the "Great Deals" forum

I have three solar motion detector lights from Costco on trees along the entrance to my driveway - it is about 30-40 yards long. I have some Mr. Beam lights elsewhere that run on three D cells.

I am going to put these new ones I bought on Amazon on the shop and at my house. Have to put them so the sun will keep them charged, otherwise I would have got more and put them all over the place - but everywhere else I could think to put them doesn't have the sun shining to keep the batteries charged.

Hey! No seriously! Save the LINT from your Dryer in a bag, to use as fire starter in a pinch! Very True!
But not just any lint. Only pure cotton lint. So, the lint from towels, denim jeans, cotton T-shirts, bed sheets, etc.
Mix it with some vaseline for easier lighting and keep it in an old 35mm film canister (if you can find them anymore).
Keep a couple canisters in each of your BOB, GHB, and FA kits.

I don't know if this should go in this thread or in the "What random non-firearm junk did you buy online today?" thread...

I do a fair amount of grilling - it's practically my preferred cooking method.
So, one might consider it "prepping" to maintain the grill in top operating condition.

To that end, I finally replaced the burners, flame shields, gas carry-over tubes, and igniter in my grill.
The offending parts, removed:

Grill_old equipment.jpg

The replacement parts, installed:

Grill_new equipment.JPG

Ready to rock-n-roll for tonight, when I'm gonna throw a slab of bovine goodness on it.
Look for updates in the "What's on the Grill Tonight?" thread later this evening! :D

Last Edited:
I don't know if this should go in this thread or in the "What random non-firearm junk did you buy online today?" thread...

I do a fair amount of grilling - it's practically my preferred cooking method.
So, one might consider it "prepping" to maintain the grill in top operating condition.

To that end, I finally replaced the burners, flame shields, gas carry-over tubes, and ignitor in my grill.
The offending parts, removed:

View attachment 1147495

The replacement parts, installed:

View attachment 1147496

Ready to rock-n-roll for tonight, when I'm gonna throw a slab of bovine goodness on it.
Look for updates in the "What's on the Grill Tonight?" thread later this evening! :D
You know Sobo, that in TX cooking meat on anything that is not wood or natural lump is a hangable offense. 😉

You know Sobo, that in TX cooking meat on anything that is not wood or natural lump is a hangable offense. 😉
My retirement place tucked back in the woods will have a wood-fired oven. Count on it...
Lotsa fuel for it, yunno...

Today, I took the old 10/22 out for some practice.

BUT, But, but.....I feel guilty. Because, usually I like shooting my corrosive ammo through my Mosin.

YEAH.....I feel guilt about not cleaning the 10/22 after I was done today.

Aloha, Mark

Give us a report on how they work out, if you don't mind.
So I got them yesterday evening. They put out plenty of light - enough for my purposes. I did not think to test how far away they detect motion. I will install some today - it is a nice clear sunny day so they should get plenty of solar energy. Then tonight I will test the distance for motion detection. The solar panel is much smaller than my other lights, and it is lightweight so probably doesn't have a lot of battery capacity - but it has fewer LEDs, so we'll see. Mostly I want these near my front door and the front of my shop which is where I am lacking decent motion detecting lighting.

Worth the $10 per light either way - much better than lawn lights for emergencies; you could put them out in the sun during the day and then use for interior lighting during the night.

I've noticed the other solar motion lights (Costco) I have on the trees over the driveway entrance start getting dimmer and dimmer about halfway thru the winter, then brighten up during the summer - I've had those up for maybe 5+ years now and they still work ok.

I don't think I ever posted this idea to the forum. When the grid is down and you need to bathe, a garden sprayer will be the best $10 you ever spent. If you have the capability to heat the water all you have to do is pump it up and hose yourself off. Even letting it sit in the sun will provide a little comfort when you need it most.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top