JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Threw out every Duracell battery I owned and replaced with bunnies. Tired of the leaky copper tops ruining my stuff. The demise of a spendy streamlight precipitated this action..
.:s0042:
I think that Costco batteries are made by Duracell. I just took two more of my favorite (inexpensive) 600 lumen flashlights apart and cleaned the contacts with lemon juice followed by baking soda. Several were very corroded. I lost two by leaving the lemon juice on too long.

I then coat them with dielectric grease and replaced the batteries with Energizer lithium ion batteries. They are coming down in price. Fingers crossed.

Took a chunk of cash out of the savings account and put it in the safe in case of cyber attack on banking system.
More and more convinced of a FF grid 'attack' shutdown that will affect much more than just the banks, but people's funds are far from safe. The FDIC is a joke, underfunded many times over. The banksters aren't paying any worthwhile interest so there is no point in keeping excess funds in there. All the signs are there. "They" can't help but tell us what is coming.
The latest is MSM propaganda that Putin wants to hack into our grid(s). Just setting it up for a cover/victim story.

Ordered two AR10 50 round drums

Seemed like a good idea

May you live in interesting times

Those definitely have a "neato" factor. Have a couple.

Not very practical however, obviously depending upon use.

Edit: Note for folks just "starting out":

Magpul LR/SR 20 rounders are far more practical, hence we have "a bunch". Recommend.

The Magpul LR/SR 25's are equally reliable as the 20's, however less practical due to the increased length. Still, we have "a bunch" of those as well. Recommend the 20's, until a "comfortable" inventory of them is achieved. Then expand ones inventory as wants/needs be...

Last Edited:
Those definitely have a "neato" factor. Have a couple.

Not very practical however, obviously depending upon use.

Magpul LR/SR 20 rounders are far more practical, hence we have "a bunch". Recommend.

The Magpul LR/SR 25's are equally reliable as the 20's, however less practical due to the increased length. Still, we have "a bunch" of those as well. Recommend the 20's, until a "comfortable" inventory of them is achieved. Then expand ones inventory as wants/needs be...
Normally I wouldn't want a drum, especially on a light gun, but if SHTF, I can think of some uses for a hi cap drum.

Filled up two more 100# propane tanks.
Getting my 120-galloner filled this coming Tuesday... :s0155:

@Angie, @The Heretic, @ATCclears: Question for all y'all that are makin' a run on the bank...
I am understandably curious... How much, generally, are you taking out to stash at home? Is this in the several hundred$ of dollar$ range? A thou$and dollar$? Several thou$and$ of dollar$? I have a coupla grand in the safe here at home, and was wondering if I am not "protected enough" with that amount of cash on hand and was wondering what the consensus amount is for having "enough" cash on hand for the impending doom. I plan on heading to the credit union tomorrow, and may want to stock up...

Last Edited:
Getting my 120-galloner filled this coming Tuesday... :s0155:

@Angie, @The Heretic, @ATCclears: Question for all y'all that are makin' a run on the bank...
I am understandably curious... How much, generally, are you taking out to stash at home? Is this in the several hundred$ of dollar$ range? A thou$and dollar$? Several thou$and$ of dollar$? I have a coupla grand in the safe here at home, and was wondering if I am not "protected enough" with that amount of cash on hand and was wondering what the consensus amount is for having "enough" cash on hand for the impending doom. I plan on heading to the credit union tomorrow, and may want to stock up...
For maybe a decade, I have kept between $500-$2K in a money belt, mostly hundreds and a few smaller denominations.

This is usually for ad-hoc/impromptu purchases for guns/ammo/etc. - especially after hours or weekends, where I can only get $550 from an ATM. Like yesterday - a member here was selling a PDW pistol brace for $160, which is about $60-$70 off retail. We met at a spot very close to where I live, which meant I would have had to make a special trip into town to get cash if I didn't have it on me. Fortunately I had the correct change, but it wiped out my 20s.

All my recurring monthly bills (mortgage, utils, etc.) are paid automatically online, so I only have to worry about groceries, gasoline and a monthly refill of my meds (online). Car insurance is paid online manually twice a year. My SS income is direct deposit and is enough to pay my recurring monthly bills. I have enough in checking to pay about 10-12 months of bills if my SS is not deposited, but that would mean the gov would be out of commission, so it would be a moot point.

If hackers hit our banking system hard enough to take it down, then every institution would be offline and not able to accept payments anyway.

I have 6-12 months of food and fuel.

So $1K-2K would probably last me a year or so for incidentals, unless I needed to pay for something like a dentist bill, a roof repair or a new appliance.

For maybe a decade, I have kept between $500-$2K in a money belt, mostly hundreds and a few smaller denominations.

This is usually for ad-hoc/impromptu purchases for guns/ammo/etc. - especially after hours or weekends, where I can only get $550 from an ATM. Like yesterday - a member here was selling a PDW pistol brace for $160, which is about $60-$70 off retail. We met at a spot very close to where I live, which meant I would have had to make a special trip into town to get cash if I didn't have it on me. Fortunately I had the correct change, but it wiped out my 20s.

All my recurring monthly bills (mortgage, utils, etc.) are paid automatically online, so I only have to worry about groceries, gasoline and a monthly refill of my meds (online). Car insurance is paid online manually twice a year. My SS income is direct deposit and is enough to pay my recurring monthly bills. I have enough in checking to pay about 10-12 months of bills if my SS is not deposited, but that would mean the gov would be out of commission, so it would be a moot point.

If hackers hit our banking system hard enough to take it down, then every institution would be offline and not able to accept payments anyway.

I have 6-12 months of food and fuel.

So $1K-2K would probably last me a year or so for incidentals, unless I needed to pay for something like a dentist bill, a roof repair or a new appliance.
I'm set up the same way. All my monthly bills are set up to auto-pay. For the semi-annual ones (property taxes, irrigation assessments, car and homeowner's insurance, etc.), I just go online and pay them when they're due. Everything except groceries, gasoline, and dining out is taken care of that way. So I only carry about $100 on me at any given time, but I keep $2,000 in the safe at home. I operate with about 6-8 months worth of expenses in the checking account if the paychecks were to stop coming. I have 6± months of food, but far less of fuel (no place to really safely store that much).

Given that I spend about $400/month on groceries (up $50/month since last year at this time :rolleyes: ), and virtually nothing on gas these days (WFH for the past 2+ years), and I eat out about once/month (which would go to zero if SHTF), I think I need to double what I've got in the safe. Thanks for the reply.

Last Edited:
You guys are putting too much info on a public forum. "Money" has always been defined as whatever people agree it to be, at any point in time.

Sometimes / places that has been Seashells. Other times boulders. In Venezuela it was Bic Lighters.

Think outside the box.

You guys are putting too much info on a public forum. "Money" has always been defined as whatever people agree it to be, at any point in time.

Sometimes / places that has been Seashells. Other times boulders. In Venezuela it was Bic Lighters.

Think outside the box.
I have a ton-o-crap with which to barter that I keep stashed away in an undisclosed location, mostly alcohol and other vice-type stuff. Lots of other stuff like batteries, lighters, candles, matches, fleece blankets, OTC meds, etc. Figure I can use that to get things if money goes the way of the dodo...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR