Southwest Firearms Forum
Sporting Systems
Low Price Guns
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Oregon Rifleworks
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Gun Deals
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

What did you do today to prep?

This is not meant as a discussion thread. Just what you did today to prep.

If you didn't do anything, please don't post, but feel free to read what others have done to prep.

I stole the thread idea from ARFCOM Survival section.

Post what you did, practiced, or bought.

If you have questions, feel free to start a tread here in the Survival Forum.

OP
coctailer
Reactions
What's ghb, besides a date-rape drug?
It's a GHB(Get Home Bag)

Stuff that I may need to get home if I am broken down in the woods or wherever.

Meant to be for items you will need if you have to walk home. (Like posted above)

Parka, food, matches, water, gun, etc.........

We can start a new thread for the BOB (Bug out Bag) and GHB (Get Home BAG)

This thread is only for what one does to prep for emergencies.

OP
coctailer
Reactions
This thread is meant to be on-going forever.

Feel free to post what you did, be it, getting chains for your tires, digging a well, buying ammo, MREs, tents, OFA training, canning vegetables.

Anything you feel is preparation for an emergency.

Others can get ideas for stuff to buy, reminders to get chains for My Hood ski trips, etc.

Only post what you actually did this day to prepare for an emergency.

If you didn't do anything, please don't post, but feel free to read and get ideas of what others are doing to prep.

Reactions
Sorry Coctailer! Today I just continued to live in condition yellow. That's mainly what I do on a day-to-day basis.

Now, where's my YHMQD can??????

Reactions
Strung barbed wire - OK more-so for the horse, but hey it might slow the zombies down too??

I also read the Argentina 2001 SHTF stuff and bought some extra canned food (for the power outages and snow mostly) on the way home.

Reactions
Nice thread:)

I downloaded the last 2 weeks worth of "The survival Podcast" so I can listen to them on breaks/lunch at work...and I need to order a new bung wrench for my water barrel...guess that will happen today.

Reactions
Got 2 '72 hr' packs in yesterday from LAPolicegear.com-super price & nicely made. Started packing them last nite. Also got a rifle case (thats also a backpack) from them to hold my AR, both uppers, and both of my pistols & ammo. I also started my own spreadsheet for keeping MRE data, ie, which ones I liked/disliked, my wife likes, calorie count, etc. I dont' want to buy a case of something I wont want to eat.
Also bought 100rds of 12ga ammo...super sale at Bimart @ $4.99 ea! (Dicks was wiped out of their $3.89 12ga). Oh, and 50 rds of .40

Good thread Cocktailer! Is there a GHB thread? I'd like to see what folks are keeping ready to go.

Reactions
Last night I ordered more magazines for a certain rifle, gun tools, gun cleaning supplies, and water-purification tablets. I presume that everyone knows about CheaperThanDirt.com? Great stuff, prices, and service.........................elsullo :s0155:

Reactions
Well, with the fall weather rolling in I picked up 10 gal of kerosene to use in the heater for all the unexpected power outages.. Not going to get caught with my pants down like I did last year.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I brought Tim a henry goldenboy youth and a vision of what I wanted. Tim made it come true at a very reasonable price, while others quoted me way...
    • Iceman04503
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim, has done several projects including a sweet 1911 .38 super project
    • Qochoc
  • Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS