JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
  • Bought some more bulk jasmine rice (25 lbs) and pinto beans (20 lbs)
  • Ordered 6 more 13-rd mags for my SIG P320 Compact (total of 24 mags for this gun once these arrive)
  • Ordered 4 more 12-rd mags for my SIG P365 (total of 12 mags for this gun once these arrive)
  • Order a Guski Works Cold Finger device (not so much for prepping but just for the fun of it)
  • Received the following in the mail today from Mike "Ox" Ochsler:
    • Real World Gunfight Training manual (yes, a real book)
    • 21 Day Alpha Shooter DVD
    • 3 common caliber dry fire cords (9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP)
    • Dry Fire Training Cards

Last Edited:
1. Inventoried and organized mags. Evaluating what I want on hand, even for firearms that are not a go-to. For those trying to follow the law, I see no asterisk in the mag ban bill due to breakage, loss, or theft.
2. Range day packs will change. I will be very careful to not put all eggs in one basket, if something happens to that basket, I have an expensive paper weight.

Bought some more silver, some misc gun parts, and a herbal medicine handbook for reference. Going to sight in my new P365X and the holosun optic I put on my AK this weekend.

Last spring I did some spring cleaning of my house and my kids helped.

A LOT of stuff just got stuffed into totes without much (or any) thought as to organizing it, so I have no idea where most of my things went - gun stuff mixed throughout with family photos, food, etc.

Now I need to find where all my pistol mags I spent so much $ on went to - so I am reorganizing everything in the totes. Hopefully I will find the mags somewhere along in this process.

Last spring I did some spring cleaning of my house and my kids helped.

A LOT of stuff just got stuffed into totes without much (or any) thought as to organizing it, so I have no idea where most of my things went - gun stuff mixed throughout with family photos, food, etc.

Now I need to find where all my pistol mags I spent so much $ on went to - so I am reorganizing everything in the totes. Hopefully I will find the mags somewhere along in this process.
I'll help ya look through and organize! Finders keepers? 😉

Finders keepers? 😉
Nope

1648192846562.jpeg

Taking garage queen car out since it isn't supposed to rain until this evening. Then changing the oil in my van and the car. Van = basic easy peasy.
Car = siphoning oil up through the oil fill. No oil dipstick, just a fussy procedure via the car's menu. Just awful.

Just now wanted a smoothie so I opened a 10+ year old can of fruit cocktail - the old style (prefer the newer chunkier style, especially passion/tropical fruit). The contents looked a bit faded in color, but didn't taste bad or smell, just tasted dull. Inside of galvanized (?) can was discolored.

Went ahead and made smoothie along with some frozen fruit, like the older can I used the other day, it is ok - not as sweet.

Made and am drinking a smoothie with mixed "tropical" fruit (Del Monte) from a can that had a 2011 expiration date. I noticed that the inside of the lid seemed to have a portion that was discolored - I don't think that is unusual as a good portion of the fruit was pineapple which is acidic. The lining of the can and lid looked like some kind of galvanizing. I have seen this in various food cans from time to time.
Might have you beat I had some tuna from the early 80s. Yummy. Expirations dates are to sell more product when it comes to canned goods stored properly. No I wouldn't eat one stored in a hot attic for instance.

Might have you beat I had some tuna from the early 80s. Yummy. Expirations dates are to sell more product when it comes to canned goods stored properly. No I wouldn't eat one stored in a hot attic for instance.
When I did spring cleaning last year I did find old tuna fish cans. I forget how old but probably 15 years old at least, probably more. I opened one and the fish smelled and looked fine. I did not try to eat it though. Fruit/soup that old or older was leaking/swelled. It had all been stored in the kitchen.

Yes, if anything is swelled at all in a can it is a hard pass. Funny the sickest I ever got from food was fresh vegetables that I didn't wash well enough three years ago. Went low carb and for the first 50 years of my life ate trash, but wasn't informed about washing food lol. Now I'm big on steaming veggies cause whatever I miss gets killed.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top