JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to 5 ATM's here in Salem, OR and they were all not available. they were on, it read your card, but then said the ATM was not available. I started thinking, oooohhh .. its hitting the fan!

but, really, it didn't say ISF. it would not pull up any card function. commercial street, Walmart ATM, and 4 more down the line Chase? MAPS FCU, Wellsfargo, can't think of the others. multiple cards. a few had paper taped to them saying unavailable.

All the cash that didn't go to Ukraine was already paid out in welfare checks last Friday.

images.jpeg-299.jpg

It's not like atms have giant subterranean cash vaults underneath.
They are replenished by a cash truck if they are stand alone drive-up machines and from inside if they are built in to a branch. When cash gets low, a resupply order is sent, which could take some time to arrive. The bigger banks have their own central cash vaults and when they get low they get shipments from the Federal Reserve Bank branches.
If the machines get low, you may get your request in a different denomination, which is why you sometimes get twenties instead of hundreds.
You can frequently experience empty machines on the weekends. When this happens , try a machine as far as possible from malls etc.

I've never used an ATM. Don't have a card, so I can't. Instead, I have CIW. That's, Cash in Wallet.

Not having a debit card puts me in the main lines at Winco. Boo Hoo. That's the only place where I've found that I'm at a disadvantage for not having one. BofA tellers tried for years to foist one off on me, but they've given up.

Come to think of it, having a debit card would keep me away from BofA tellers. Which I try to avoid anyway. Because these days, anyone getting into a line at the bank is a Problem Person. Normal people don't have to queue up at the bank, they do bank stuff on their smartphone. Of course I don't have one of those, either. So there you go.

Which reminds me of being in line at Fred Meyer customer service. Sometimes we take things back that don't please us, another story in itself. CS at Fred Meyer also does money transactions. If you get in line behind someone who is buying 10 money orders to Zimbabwe, it's going to suck, big time. Especially now that these CS desks often only have one employee on deck.

I've never used an ATM. Don't have a card, so I can't. Instead, I have CIW. That's, Cash in Wallet.

Not having a debit card puts me in the main lines at Winco. Boo Hoo. That's the only place where I've found that I'm at a disadvantage for not having one. BofA tellers tried for years to foist one off on me, but they've given up.

Come to think of it, having a debit card would keep me away from BofA tellers. Which I try to avoid anyway. Because these days, anyone getting into a line at the bank is a Problem Person. Normal people don't have to queue up at the bank, they do bank stuff on their smartphone. Of course I don't have one of those, either. So there you go.
I like your style!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads