JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
those who didn't prepare are now generally getting fleeced. Prices are way up as the preparedness industry has gone through a massive amount of consolidation with a bunch of big profit-hungry conglomerates taking over some of the smaller very good suppliers.

If more people are getting into preparedness and self reliance, I would call that a good thing. Of course the article has to snipe at it by calling it "doomsday prepping", as if everyone who "preps" has an underground bunker and is expecting the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse to show up any time now. The idea of being ready for whatever life throws at you used to be just plain common sense.

If more people are getting into preparedness and self reliance, I would call that a good thing. Of course the article has to snipe at it by calling it "doomsday prepping", as if everyone who "preps" has an underground bunker and is expecting the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse to show up any time now. The idea of being ready for whatever life throws at you used to be just plain common sense.
Back in the day they all laughed at Noah….. in the end they weren't laughing at all.

Fun fact-

Noah was the first recorded stock broker in the Bible. He let all his assets float, while everyone else was liquidated.

:s0091: Ba-da-BUMP!

Thank YOU! :s0094:

Hello? :s0158:

:s0030:

How do you figure that? :s0153:
A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon we're talking real money. :D

The point is that the commercial sector and the media has noticed that there are $ to be made in prepping.

Of course, there are always (and always have been) some smaller retailers/etc., who try to sell premade "survival kits" with mirrors, fish hooks, an IFAK, an "emergency shelter/poncho (i.e., garbage bag), etc. :rolleyes:

I noticed (unless I missed it) that no mention was made of the government's occasional PSAs asking people to have preps.

What I would like to see is more and better shelter construction (especially residential homes) materials, methods and contractors, with a concerted effort towards homes that are much more resistant to fire, earthquake, storms, etc.

Also, decentralization of emergency response teams/orgs and depots, etc. - it seems the gov has very recently paid a little attention to decentralization by moving to have tech centers spread out across the USA a little, but we need that across all sectors, not just tech. Whether we get hit by nukes, earthquakes, volcanoes, weather or other disruptions, one is none, two is one, three is two - whether it is guns, water sources or industry providers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top