JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know, if coffee became unavailable, along with ROL, plenty of bad people would kill for it! At the least they would assume if you have coffee you have everything!!! It would be psychologically irresistible!

In that case, the additional requirement would be an automatic .12 gauge. The newer DDI-12 has me curious: An AK-platform .12 gauge, with a LEFT-handed bolt lever, AND AR-compatible stock (uses same castle nut to secure to receiver!!) With a 20-round drum (SGM Saiga mags work - avoid Promag). From the independent reviews I've seen, they're reliable with the right mags, with very rapid cycling (even considering selling my Benelli M2). Can you say "Non-stop Claymore mine."?

Interesting. I thought I researched mayo stored in glass unopened would last almost indefinitely. Plastic let's air in.
Never keep mayo long enough to test and glass jars getting harder to find.
If SHTF does happen Im switching to mustard or something else before I eat old mayo. If there's no health care around no need to chance it. Salmonella would be an ugly way to go.

Priced 30-30 ammo and am now reconsidering going for the lever action .308.

Maybe I'll just get both.
Finished out the work week, going to clean the guns before range day and maybe sharpen some knives. Still looking for a short (18.5-20") barrel for the mav 88 that doesn't cost almost as much as the gun did, and am going to try tonight to make a time to learn to can tuna from my my mom.

.30-06
.30-30
7.62x39

Probably the most common .30 caliber rifles and ammo in the USA

I grew up with an old model 94 Winchester long rifle with octagon barrel. I was the last one to take a deer with it. It is now in the possession of my older brother - my father wanted him to have it. I may get it when he doesn't want it anymore (or dies). I have and prefer a Marlin 336 youth model carbine in .30-30, but I sure wish it had an octagon barrel.

I would definitely recommend having one - if the SHTF, .30-30 is going to be one of the most available cartridges out there, and it will probably be one of the last on a list of guns to confiscate.

However, if you want the best of both worlds - get a Browning BLR LW Black Label takedown in .308.
cq5dam.web.835.835.jpe

I don't have a lot of mayo - just a few bottles - none of them have discolored or spoiled. The one I recently opened was one of the larger bottles you get as Costco.

I have noticed a few condiments in clear bottles have discolored and smell funky after a few years - mostly mustard (which I love - especially spicy brown mustard).

About the only thing I use mayo for is to mix with tuna fish for sandwiches, so it tends to last a long time for me. I could easily substitute honey mustard dressing for mayo for that purpose.

.30-06
.30-30
7.62x39

Probably the most common .30 caliber rifles and ammo in the USA

I grew up with an old model 94 Winchester long rifle with octagon barrel. I was the last one to take a deer with it. It is now in the possession of my older brother - my father wanted him to have it. I may get it when he doesn't want it anymore (or dies). I have and prefer a Marlin 336 youth model carbine in .30-30, but I sure wish it had an octagon barrel.

I would definitely recommend having one - if the SHTF, .30-30 is going to be one of the most available cartridges out there, and it will probably be one of the last on a list of guns to confiscate.

However, if you want the best of both worlds - get a Browning BLR LW Black Label takedown in .308.
View attachment 381533

If we ran into a deep, extended SHTF, 30-30 would be a great cartridge, as you can easily make your own projectiles.
Provided you have enough powder and primers, you'd be set for a few years....

Thanks for the suggestion of the BLR takedown.

In my case, yesterday I took advantage of the 100-degree temps to train hard and run for a half-hour, just to find out this morning that I may have inhaled the equivalent of half a pack of cigarettes.

I like to train in this kind of weather, as a prep for Climate Change, which will continue making our summers hotter-and-hotter as our planet heads towards Venus by the end of this century, but with the smoke from all the NW fires, it's like, damn.

When Will the Planet Be Too Hot for Humans? Much, Much Sooner Than You Imagine.

I plan to move when I retire - closer to the coastal mountains, but in some foothills - thinking Willamina or maybe Kings Valley. South facing gentle slope though for growing and winter solar. Going for earth bermed or sub-terrain to keep cool in summer and warm in winter. I am convinced by the data that not only will it get hotter on average, but weather will get more extreme (more snow, more rain in winter and spring, hotter on hot days).

I also believe/know that as the human population grows, the amount of arable land per human will decrease and food costs will increase - being able to grow at least some of your own food will make a significant difference in survival even if a sudden catastrophe does not happen - so having at least a few acres with a garden and fruit bearing plants will make a big difference in everyday survival.

Finally bought some .50 BMG ammo - M33 ball ammo for $2 a round shipped. I will use this for sighting in when I get a scope. If I can ever find somewhere I can shoot at a long distance. :rolleyes::oops::(

Ammo delivered just now.

LC 16 headstamp. Bullet and primer sealed. Basically Lake City milspec M33 ammo. I would certainly buy again, but I don't think I need to stock .50 BMG deep. This is a just in case caliber - I have other AP ammo for it that I would not use for sighting or practice/etc. because of the cost. Assuming I get the rifle setup well - still working on getting a scope - and it works well - I would probably get some match ammo and call it good.

I don't have a lot of mayo - just a few bottles - none of them have discolored or spoiled. The one I recently opened was one of the larger bottles you get as Costco.

I have noticed a few condiments in clear bottles have discolored and smell funky after a few years - mostly mustard (which I love - especially spicy brown mustard).

About the only thing I use mayo for is to mix with tuna fish for sandwiches, so it tends to last a long time for me. I could easily substitute honey mustard dressing for mayo for that purpose.
The reason that they use brown glass for beer bottles is that sunlight/truly any light will cause a reaction with in the beer and render it undrinkable in very short order. Years ago MBC tried to convert all MHLife into brown bottles. People were so used to clear glass that they rebelled. MBC was forced to go back to clear, tho they would have preferred otherwise. Light will damage anything given enough time.

Well not really a prep but got my delivery of 400 round 's of 147 grain 300blk out ammo I say not really a prep because it's target ammo that I will use and abuse lol will be gone by end of month IMAG1080.jpg IMAG1081.jpg

My 300 blk out is my favorite home defense gun now I got some really good ammo for it and I got some cheap stuff the key is finding the spot where the red dot .the laser and Flash lite and the flip up site's all hit the same thing LOL so that takes some practice ammo IMAG0977.jpg can't afford to shoot poly tips all day long

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top