JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My daughter and almost husband planted last year (first time). 5 tomato plants 4 zucchini, lots of lettuce, squash, and herbs. First question was will you be leaving the over sized yuccas on porches this summer? Look was, What? checked back in 6 weeks. They were taking them to work they had so many. Were not prepared for the bounty. Much more realistic this year.

There are orgs that will take garden/farm bounty - although I imagine zukes are probably an exception. We used to feed them to the cows, but only so much so they would not bloat.

Opening day of zucchini season:

20525753_1611377702237175_1910652938436573384_n.jpg

There are orgs that will take garden/farm bounty - although I imagine zukes are probably an exception. We used to feed them to the cows, but only so much so they would not bloat.

Opening day of zucchini season:

View attachment 381735

Good shootn....

I split and the Mrs put away enough kindling to last until March 2018; enough to fill a 4'x 4' cabinet, 4-55 gal trash cans, 2 large repurposed bird seed bags, 2 wagons, and a wheel barrel.

Nice and dry. :D

Well darn it.. I can't find the "show us something you made" thread so figured this would do. Dang this thread moves fast.

This is an interesting youtube channel that I enjoy, not that I'm a pigsticker boy or anything.
In this video he uses a packed in oil tuna can for cooking his rice.. flippin brilliant!
fast forward to 6:00 or so for tuna can action (giggity)

Eyeballing a Ruger m700 in 7mm at the pawn shop near me, went from 470 down to 200 because it's been sitting awhile, largely because ammo is so spendy for it.

I may not get it, so if anyone is interested, it's at USA pawn in rockwood.

Not really technically a prep but, prompted by another thread, I ordered up a small deploment bag to be permanant addition to my motorcycle's rear rack. Since it has about 6 dozen pockets and molle, I should be able to cram lots of survivally stuff in it. Typically I just grab a bottle of water or two, a few basic tools, and hit the trails. Not really too bright to be so unprepared. I'll set it up with food and water for 2-3 days, fire starter, first aid, flashlight, knife, Mylar blankets, and better tools. I almost never ride alone or off trail but I should pack like I do. Never know when you might have an unscheduled overnighter.

This is getting to be a real PIA - this maple is really hard to cut and is doing a number on my chain.

View attachment 381833
I had to buy a new bar and chains for my Stihl after cutting stumps shorter so I could grind them out. A lot of smoke from the chain and bar. The bar was shorter than the diameter of the stumps and I had to quarter them.
On another note: I finally broke down and rented a gas powered log splitter. Used to do it all by hand. Rented it for four hours and split 1 1/2 cords in 2 hours with one other person. I will never again split large amounts of wood without one, especially hard woods.

Eyeballing a Ruger m700 in 7mm at the pawn shop near me, went from 470 down to 200 because it's been sitting awhile, largely because ammo is so spendy for it.

I may not get it, so if anyone is interested, it's at USA pawn in rockwood.
Ruger m77 or Remington 700? Can you get more info on model? Wood or composite stock? I have been looking for a 7mm, but want a Ruger m77 or Remington 700 BDL. Maybe I should just call them - lol. Thanks.

Ruger m77 or Remington 700? Can you get more info on model? Wood or composite stock? I have been looking for a 7mm, but want a Ruger m77 or Remington 700 BDL. Maybe I should just call them - lol. Thanks.

Mucked myself up there. Ruger m77 in 7mm, original wood stock, not sure on age but made when Ruger was still based on Connecticut rather than Arizona. Could maybe use a little bluing, but is in solid shape with no action issues that I could find.
Sorry for the misnamed firearm, and delay in response.

Organized ammo by caliber. I am an ammo slob. Just all piled together in a mess. Better now. My 100 rounds of various calibers now all in order (hahaha). Funny, owning only one firearm that I would need to sort ammo. Strange I know.

Not really technically a prep but, prompted by another thread, I ordered up a small deploment bag to be permanant addition to my motorcycle's rear rack. Since it has about 6 dozen pockets and molle, I should be able to cram lots of survivally stuff in it. Typically I just grab a bottle of water or two, a few basic tools, and hit the trails. Not really too bright to be so unprepared. I'll set it up with food and water for 2-3 days, fire starter, first aid, flashlight, knife, Mylar blankets, and better tools. I almost never ride alone or off trail but I should pack like I do. Never know when you might have an unscheduled overnighter.
Stuff showed up and I began gathering my items. Still need to pick up first aid and a blanket. Hopefully this weekend.
View attachment 384820

Made the big jump today and ordered up a single stage reloading setup and a couple of dies. Never have done it so it will be a work in progress. Gonna start with 300 blackout and 308, eventually 45-70. Learn on that and move to 10mm and 45, but gotta start somewhere. Probably be asking advice along the way.

Made the big jump today and ordered up a single stage reloading setup and a couple of dies. Never have done it so it will be a work in progress. Gonna start with 300 blackout and 308, eventually 45-70. Learn on that and move to 10mm and 45, but gotta start somewhere. Probably be asking advice along the way.

Nice! I think most folk start with pistol, then move up.

Course most folk start with a single stage, and I started with a Hornaday progressive AP. So I could be wrong there.

Take ur time, read a bunch, and watch a bunch of videos. Really helpful. Check everything, until you get to that point where you can mostly eyeball, then check random.

Only do 9mm so far & I always eyeball the charge, every single time. Random weigh it, start and end of run as well.

Nice! I think most folk start with pistol, then move up.

Course most folk start with a single stage, and I started with a Hornaday progressive AP. So I could be wrong there.

Take ur time, read a bunch, and watch a bunch of videos. Really helpful. Check everything, until you get to that point where you can mostly eyeball, then check random.

Only do 9mm so far & I always eyeball the charge, every single time. Random weigh it, start and end of run as well.
Pistol ammo I have a lot of currently. The pistol ammo I can buy in bulk. Rifle stuff gets spendy quickly. I figured if I can do the single stage I can trade up to progressive to ramp up production but as i said, gotta start somewhere!

Started a comprehensive inventory of preps in MS Excel (and printed hard copies). Updated food supply (5 weeks now) and water supply (6 weeks now). In the process of selling a home defense shotgun to purchase a hunting rifle (home defense is covered; need a food supply method).

A whole bunch of odds and ends ....

• Finally got to shoot the Savage 99 my wife's grandfather gave us. It is a 1942 vintage rifle, but that thing is a tack driver. I put most of a box of cartridges through it and worked like a beauty.
  • Practiced with the primary defensive carbine (a SBRed AR-15) a ton today.
    • I also shot the Surefire 60-rounder a bit and it functioned just fine. Though the carbine was, quite literally, smoking when done.
  • Got a brake job done on the primary pickup truck.
  • Setup a new rang gong on the family range.
  • Picked up a Mini-14 from the gunsmith that I had some work done on it.
  • Finished the book The Neighborhood Emergency Response Handbook: Your Life-Saving Plan for Personal and Community Preparedness whilst waiting on the truck work to get done. It wasn't a bad read.
  • Started reading the book The Nautical Prepper: How to Equip and Survive on Your Bug Out Boat. It is too soon to tell if it is helpful or not.
  • Received and started thumbing the book that is to help with upgrading to a General Amateur Radio license. It is from ARRL and I studied a similar guide for the Tech license, so I think it will work.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top