JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0001: Yoiks! That's nice.

LOL!!! Given my physical condition, I can barely wield the big, heavy betard! I bought it cause I thought it was cool! It's a sickness, I blame it on my Scots heritage.
It was $39.95, IRC, with free shipping, that's on Amazon. I also got a Lansky "Puck" tool sharpener, mine was so worn down it was getting dangerous! It was my dad's.

Last Edited:
Also purchased some snap caps so that I can work on training myself to shoot both ways with all of my firearms.

Lefty with pistols and most rifles except lever action, and left with shotguns.

It's harder than some might realize, and I just don't like the idea of overshooting a target because I'm not used to holding with that side.

Now that we're set up to grow & grind our own grain, I started thinking about yeast, and its shelf life. Turns out, anyone can make their own. This might not be news for most folks - but it's news to me.

Just in case anyone else has wondered about baking bread in a long term grid-down situation, here's a link:

Rotated some of my stored water supply: 30 gallons in stackable cubes. That plus X flats of bottled water, Y flats of juices and drinks, and two Water Bobs for our two bathtubs (assuming time to fill them) means we won't go thirsty for least a little while.

In my case, yesterday I took advantage of the 100-degree temps to train hard and run for a half-hour, just to find out this morning that I may have inhaled the equivalent of half a pack of cigarettes.

I like to train in this kind of weather, as a prep for Climate Change, which will continue making our summers hotter-and-hotter as our planet heads towards Venus by the end of this century, but with the smoke from all the NW fires, it's like, damn.

Last Edited:
This might already have been asked & answered - but does anyone here know the best way to store coffee beans?

I'm thinking of vacuum-sealing, and then freezing them.

If you go to Jim Rawles' SurvivalBlog archives, you'll see a lot on this. In short, buy green coffee beans, then vacuum seal, and/or freeze them. Then roast them yourself, when needed.

Just think: While everyone else out there is rolling around in the gutters, fighting over the last few grains of uncooked rice, you'll be enjoying REAL fresh-roasted coffee. Isn't Survivalism wonderful?!

I've been experiencing what happens if you don't make fitness a part of your preps. You get old and things don't work right and you metabolism slows so you need twice as much exercise.:eek:
Your shoulders get sore,no push-ups,your knees hurt,no walking,you get gout,no doing anything.
Then you gain more weight.:(
Gotta start while the bones can take exercise ;)

As Survivalists, we should have higher physical fitness standards, anyway. Being in better shape than everyone else around you is an incredible edge.

If you go to Jim Rawles' SurvivalBlog archives, you'll see a lot on this. In short, buy green coffee beans, then vacuum seal, and/or freeze them. Then roast them yourself, when needed.

Just think: While everyone else out there is rolling around in the gutters, fighting over the last few grains of uncooked rice, you'll be enjoying REAL fresh-roasted coffee. Isn't Survivalism wonderful?!

Remember, roasting coffee creates a powerful odor!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top