JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
YES the hockey mask that's a great idea that's why I love this site such quick replies to my problems now how do I explain that I'm cutting the trees to prepare for SHTF WHEN I DON'T HAVE A FIRE PLACE OR A WOOD STOVE LOL MMMMMM

How much wood could I get from these lol these are trees in my front yard IMAG1085.jpg IMAG1086.jpg IMAG1087.jpg IMAG1089.jpg IMAG1084.jpg

I would cut up some trees but I don't think my neighbors would like me cutting down there trees lol I'll have to wait till the SHTF then they will love my chain saw and and other stuff I have lol

I have ~20 acres of trees. I had a number of them fall this winter - maples. One triple trunk maple that is about 2' thick at the base of each trunk and about 100' long - that one alone would be adequate for a winter's worth of heating. I hauled it out to the road and that is what I am cutting up.

I have dozens more standing hardwood trees I could use for firewood.

That's awesome I don't have 20 acres lol I don't have 1 acres I live basically 5 blocks from downtown Anacortes and I rent the house cheap it's basically a small house I'm gone most the time my mom runs the farm when I'm gone lol my 71 year old mom that packs a .380 pistol HEHEH anyway I was, just talking s#!+ I wish I Had some property that I could cut trees on soon very soon

I bought some cheap 9mm steel cased Russian ammo at a gun show. I figure that it would be worth a try, just to see if my 9mm could take it in an emergency.

Aloha, Mark

Maybe half a chord.

The thing is if you cut it down in an emergency, most wood needs to season at least a few months during a dry period before it burns well. This seems to be especially true of hardwoods, pine and fir less so. I have mostly fir and I generally do not cut them down since they are valuable for timber (I have maybe $100K worth of timber trees if I clear cut), and I have plenty of hardwood - indeed, I have so much wood left over from thinning and fallen trees, I don't think I will burn it all before I sell the place - I offered the wood to neighbors for free if they come cut it and remove it, but they all have more wood than they know what to do with too (and I don't want strangers coming to cut it - liability).

I would cut up some trees but I don't think my neighbors would like me cutting down there trees lol I'll have to wait till the SHTF then they will love my chain saw and and other stuff I have lol

Up here on the mountain, there are a few things most people have that are pretty much mandatory as a matter of course:

A genset for power outages - although power goes out once or twice a year, I've only had it once since I moved here that I really needed a genset.

A chainsaw for fallen trees - this winter we had numerous trees blocking roads and driveways to go with the power outage.

AWD/4WD vehicles for when it snows and/or gets icy - doesn't always happen, but often enough.

A woodstove.

Food for a week or more.

A tractor is handy, but not mandatory - especially if a neighbor has one.

Cut up some firewood from fallen trees.

*sigh* this is going to take all summer and fall. I only cut in the morning because of the heat, and the hardwood is difficult to cut. The chain gets so hot that it stretches and loosens on the bar and I have to wait between cuts to let it cool down. The logs are so heavy that I have to cut them up into sections so I can get them up on the timberjack so they are off the ground enough to cut.:(

*sigh* this is going to take all summer and fall. I only cut in the morning because of the heat, and the hardwood is difficult to cut. The chain gets so hot that it stretches and loosens on the bar and I have to wait between cuts to let it cool down. The logs are so heavy that I have to cut them up into sections so I can get them up on the timberjack so they are off the ground enough to cut.:(
Find a friend with a chain saw so you both could take turns cutting. Would be awfully hot in this weather to cut wood.

Done up like a pickle relish. I have supplied a lot of friends and neighbors with beans this year.
My daughter and almost husband planted last year (first time). 5 tomato plants 4 zucchini, lots of lettuce, squash, and herbs. First question was will you be leaving the over sized yuccas on porches this summer? Look was, What? checked back in 6 weeks. They were taking them to work they had so many. Were not prepared for the bounty. Much more realistic this year.

When Will the Planet Be Too Hot for Humans? Much, Much Sooner Than You Imagine.

I plan to move when I retire - closer to the coastal mountains, but in some foothills - thinking Willamina or maybe Kings Valley. South facing gentle slope though for growing and winter solar. Going for earth bermed or sub-terrain to keep cool in summer and warm in winter. I am convinced by the data that not only will it get hotter on average, but weather will get more extreme (more snow, more rain in winter and spring, hotter on hot days).

I also believe/know that as the human population grows, the amount of arable land per human will decrease and food costs will increase - being able to grow at least some of your own food will make a significant difference in survival even if a sudden catastrophe does not happen - so having at least a few acres with a garden and fruit bearing plants will make a big difference in everyday survival.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top