JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I notice that diesel is now cheaper than gasoline - the opposite has been true for a while - and diesel is now below $4/gal at a fuel station in town (luckily, it is one of those small podunk stations that often has the cheapest fuel around). I have a chiro appt and the chiro is on the same block as the fuel station so I am going to load up about 4-5 five gallon fuel cans and buy some diesel this morning.

Having gone without power 9.5 days before leaving Oregon and now having had shorter term outages here, we added a 24 KW Generac generator. That's the good news. Bad news from Generac is it is advertised as whole house and comes with a 200-amp transfer switch. Home is wired with 200-amp panel. As we uncrated the generator, which wasn't returnable, discovered a 100-amp circuit breaker built into the top of the unit. The added frustration is had two quotes from GENRAC factory qualified sales-installation companies. If they had informed me, I would have invested some more to have a whole house generator. All this means is we now have to monitor which circuits are hot when we lose power.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top