JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't totally given up on a quality mask, but if you need to don a mask to survive something, chances are it will only delay the inevitable, if you are lucky, for a short time.

Brutus Out

For folks with facial hair, a positive pressure hood is an option. Not worthwhile as a prep IMO, I'd just shave & use an N95...but like yourself Brutus57 I agree. By the time you figure out you'd need a mask for an NBC threat, it'd be too late anyways.

The few things I could think on that they (mask or hood) may be useful for, would be while in assisting with deceased search/cleanup, using after a volcanic event or any "reasonable" event which would cause airborne particles. Severe fires & dust storms also come to mind.

For folks with facial hair, a positive pressure hood is an option. Not worthwhile as a prep IMO, I'd just shave & use an N95...but like yourself Brutus57 I agree. By the time you figure out you'd need a mask for an NBC threat, it'd be too late anyways.

The few things I could think on that they (mask or hood) may be useful for, would be while in assisting with deceased search/cleanup, using after a volcanic event or any "reasonable" event which would cause airborne particles. Severe fires & dust storms also come to mind.

Yeah N95 is the best compromise.

Brutus Out

Just in case I'll need to do a lot of walking/humping/rucking to safety a good pair of boots is a must. Just came back from Portland's own Danner factory store on Airport Way with a pair of
Danner Acadia boots (#21210) in tow.
20170128_140113_resized.jpg

I have been studying the wealthy California preppers. Bunker blueprints ,satellite imagery and a paid servant on the inside. Their firearm regs are helpful. Just need around $300 in diesel. The rest should be easy. May save a few of their woman to see it they can be rehabilitated.:)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews