JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Watched this video today because I was heading to Mololla yesterday and my truck had a mini EMP..... Transmission was acting funny; it would only drive in 2nd and 3rd gear. Come to find out that the ignition harness going out in these trucks as they age is quite common; the lack of voltage to the shifting solenoids causes the problem.

Almost 300K miles; a new truck is out of scope. Gonna try to replace the harness.:confused:

Well, I gotter done yesterday; 2.5 hours. The most difficult tasks were to work in a confined space, R& R the top shroud on the steering column, and dealing with the tiniest male-star head screws I've ever seen. To get the star screws off/on, I used a carburetor adjustment tool with two 1/4" sections of welding wire; together they grabbed the star head just fine....Truck runs and shifts fine, will know for sure after 50 cycles or so.

Today I had a pumping company come out and clean out our 1K gallon septic tank, since it has been 13 years since the last. Nothing reminds me of being in Korea more than the very cold weather..... and opening-up a septic tank....:s0170:lots of flash-backs... no offense.:rolleyes:

@Oathkeeper1775 liked your post that you got er done, not so much on the flashback aspect...don't let it get your day!

Did remind me of 2 pit toilets I used within the same week. One with the best view of any pit toilet I've ever used, in the village of Darchen at the base of the holey Mt, Mt Kailash. The pit toilet was on the roof of an outbuilding, open air, with just a privacy wall & half door. Outstanding view.

The other was in a village 2 days further on, after hitching a ride with a Chinese army convoy for a day. That community pit toilet was the worst I had ever seen...just a slab floor with a row of holes in the slab. How can you possibly miss the holes? Well a lot of folks in the village have poor aim I'd guess...

Got tired of the weapon cleaning crap I carry around and decided to put together a couple of compact cleaning kits. Got a couple of items shipping to test, those being an Otis 4" round case and a 8" Otis Memory Flex Cable with T handle setup. Started a thread on the subject here:

Compact SHTF Cleaning Kit

I went ahead and installed a riser on the septic tank; to make it easy on the next poor *&^tard who has to dig to open it. Locked in the lower ring with silicone and 120 pounds of concrete.

Septic Riser.jpg

I went ahead and installed a riser on the septic tank; to make it easy on the next poor *&^tard who has to dig to open it. Locked in the lower ring with silicone and 120 pounds of concrete.

View attachment 336544

I had to do that twice (dig the SOB'S out) and swore I'd never do it again. That is what I'll have done next time.... see true to my word I'll have someone else do it... lol:p

I was told I could not have a flat top back in 1992 or so :oops:... so I've purchased a couple sets of electric clippers over the years. The last set of clippers was @ $12.99; @ 11 years ago.

I buzz it off every week or so; whether I need it or not.

Clippers last longer when all there is to cut is the sides and the back of the mellon..o_O.

Gas masks seat better with short hair and a shaved mug.

If you are on a hazmat job and using masks,you will shave your mug;).

The people who plan to-and would use tear gas or some type of a pepper spray bomb as a less than lethal weapon or tool inside their home or in their outdoor area during an "emergency" would need to stay reasonably clean shaven and have the equipment at the ready.

Long hair and loose clothing can be yanked, open coats can be slipped down over the arms, and a person's dread-locks can be used against them ...but those are choices we civilians make for ourselves eh?

I was told I could not have a flat top back in 1992 or so :oops:... so I've purchased a couple sets of electric clippers over the years. The last set of clippers was @ $12.99; @ 11 years ago.

I buzz it off every week or so; whether I need it or not.

Clippers last longer when all there is to cut is the sides and the back of the mellon..o_O.

Gas masks seat better with short hair and a shaved mug.

All true, Oathkeeper! I like owning ONE hair implement! An electric trimmer!
Hey, I'm old, I'm never going to be pretty again! o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads