JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I moved and split lots and lots of firewood. So much I filled up one of the smaller storage sheds and have a pile growing elsewhere. We had some trees come down in the storms. There were a few others that were potentially problematic that were taken down before they landed on something important. I need to buy new maul tomorrow, because the one I have been using is pretty beat up.

She's a doll, Raidingtime!

That's a big job for seven miles! :)

Thanks. She's dads helper when it comes to reloading- she loads the cases while I pull the lever and add the bullets.

I don't think it was quite seven. We hiked to Trillium lake, walked around it a bit, and then headed back to the snopark. My guess would be about 5 miles though it was in snow shoes for most of it and I was pulling her along with my backpack. That makes 5 miles seem like 10. I had a line of people that wanted to trade spots with my daughter on the sled. Great fun though. After all that sitting she did in the cold she pretty much went instantly into her REM cycle on the drive home. We both had a great time.

Another great day at the range....Off-Hand AR. 25/50/100 yards. 4 shooters, 9 rounds each for 3 innerations each.

Spotter calls the targets (balloons and 8.5" x 14" paper) and senses, 1 mag change and 1 dummy round for misfire drill..

Everyone did really good except for me; hoping around on 1 foot and all :oops:.

Burger and fries for lunch at American Cafe (Lafayette). :p

Got a good start on consolidating the various manuals for my emergency gear, into an expandable file folder!
Manuals for things like the generator, Big Buddy heaters, lights, etc! I was looking for one during the snow storm. Found it afterwards! I'm also putting some of the medical manuals and C-pap instructions in!
I hope some bone head doesn't tell me I should go join the Marines or just give up since I'm old and need a C-pap, this time!

Just now ordered up a few cases of pilot bread on special from the ready store, found a 10% off coupon online while checking out, so nice win.

Also ordered some Red Feather brand butter to try out. We might try canning up some clarified butter as well, but this will be handy until we do.

---
Not today, but the other night, tried out a night vision scope for the first time. Plate out at 200 on the ARPC range, in complete darkness-no Moon. Really pleased:

557FBC55-DDCA-4E49-A6F6-26A01A96A45D_zps8etg1ndh.jpg

Target at the 100. Not bad, but will do better:

2887675C-C52D-418F-9919-CE5DF71AA612_zps1i2mdktv.jpg

Mossberg MVP 5.56, from a bench using a bipod.

Last Edited:
Secured another modest quantity of X39 ammo from a seller in our very own NWFA classified section; conducted a route reconnaissance to Molalla and Woodburn. Tried a point recon at the new Black Bear diner in Newberg, but couldn't find an ORP in the parking lot.

I was told I could not have a flat top back in 1992 or so :oops:... so I've purchased a couple sets of electric clippers over the years. The last set of clippers was @ $12.99; @ 11 years ago.

I buzz it off every week or so; whether I need it or not.

Clippers last longer when all there is to cut is the sides and the back of the mellon..o_O.

Gas masks seat better with short hair and a shaved mug.

Well that's all fine & dandy for the head but for those of us who sport man hair on our faces always worry about G M is not going to save us....:(:(:( screw it at least I'll die looking manly....;););)
20161205_121350.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads