JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Installed a new NOAA weather radio. Our old, craptastic one finally gave up the ghost, so I acquired and put a new Midland WR300 in the kitchen. Some of our amateur radios can pickup NOAA broadcasts, but it is easier for the Mrs to have said setup, and it also receives emergency alerts and regular AM/FM stations.

I bought a surplus net kit from a guy in a local ham-radio club. I'm going to use it as the support mechanism for a portable NVIS antenna.

military-camo-net-cb-radio-support-system-aluminum-ribbed-poles-used-14.gif

Purchased a generator, snow blower, chainsaw and went on a Costco run. "Donated" all of my preps back down in California to family members so have to start over. several bags of rice, tons of meat, and loaded up on canned goods. Bummed that Costco up here doesn't carry the corned beef hash in a can that I used to stock up on but could never keep stocked down south.

...Bummed that Costco up here doesn't carry the corned beef hash in a can that I used to stock up on but could never keep stocked down south.

Might try asking the Costco manager if they can't get some in. Haven't asked to have them stock particulars myself, but my folks have back East with mixed success.

Other possibles may be Walmart or Winco, if you have a Winco. My local Winco stocks B&M brown bread (freakin' canned brown bread! AWESOME!). There the only place I've seen it out here. The breads definitely an acquired taste, but if you like it, having a case handy is a win.

Went to Cabelas and picked up a couple of all season, 8 pocket, field pants. A box each of Sig Sauer ammo, 9mm 147gr, V-Crown JHP's and Sig Sauer .38spl +P 125 V-Crown JHP's. Ammo was $11.49 per, that's $4.00 off each! :D And, a tomahawk handle to rehaft my old carving axe.

My carving axe is very similar to this one.

IMG_0546.JPG

We also went to Costco and stocked up on Salmon, both frozen and canned. I hope everyone knows that canned salmon's shelf life is nearly unlimited, given proper storage! Costco also has some good, synthetic, long sleeve, base layer shirts for $6.99. I wear this brand all year with different types. All in all got a years supply of Duracell "D" and "C" battery's and a couple "C" notes worth of other storage grub! Busy day and I'm whacked! :D

Last Edited:
Ordered a new 5' Firestik II Citizen Band (CB) antenna and some smaller radio parts. The antenna I had installed went missing, and based upon a few factors, I suspect it was snaked.

I also acquired a new metal jerry can for mixed chainsaw fuel. The plastic-fantastic one was in needing of replacing.

Put up some overflow ammo for long term storage.

Wrapped them in some 3.5mil plastic drop cloth sheeting, and placed a desicant tub inside. Kinda made a big vapor barrier sandwich bag. The sheeting is easier to work with & thicker than a lawn trash bag, $10 at Home Depot for a 10x25' roll.

Hit the Black Friday sale early at Sportsman's warehouse. Cheap Platypus bags, on sale water filter straw for kits. other bits.
Been rehabilitating a couple hand axe heads found on property. New handles, scrape to bare metal, paint and sharpen.

Also was gifted a half box of canned smoked salmon. Yum.

Bought another 500 rounds of 5.7x28 at PSA. Black Friday sale - 32 cents per round shipped (500+ rounds is free shipping).

Missed out on a sale last week on .22 target grade and .50 BMG ball ammo at good prices. :( They were out of stock by the time I noticed it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top