JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm about to start NET (Neighborhood Emergency Training, similar to CERT) class tomorrow. I'm watching the videos right now, and while some of the speakers are interesting, others are stilted or droning, making me wonder if that's what it's like having a conversation with the person – ha!

It's a good primer on disaster preparedness, though. Lots of the questions I see asked online would be answered by watching the videos (yes, even suffering through the droning ones). They're all on YouTube for free, too:

NET Level 1 Training - YouTube

Over the last week;
-10 more P-mags
-5k rounds, assorted calibers
-1 more rifle kit
-3 more 80% lowers

Won't be needing the tractor here anymore so sent it and all the implements on ahead to Idaho.
Sold some more unneeded items around the shop and staged a couple pressing projects. Lots of loose ends to tie up in the next few months. Keep chipping away.

Over the last week;
-10 more P-mags
-5k rounds, assorted calibers
-1 more rifle kit
-3 more 80% lowers

Won't be needing the tractor here anymore so sent it and all the implements on ahead to Idaho.
Sold some more unneeded items around the shop and staged a couple pressing projects. Lots of loose ends to tie up in the next few months. Keep chipping away.

Nice!

...you know ammo is heavy, so I'll be happy to help you out by taking it off your hands, so you don't have to move it. ;)

Made use of the new ammo and ammo box I bought while on vacation and filled it today with sorted packs. Tomorrow clean the toys used at the range last Wednesday with my brother. He like me really likes his new SAR K2! My rear sight needs further adjustment but will get it exactly where I want it. It's a pretty soft shooter for a .45. We shot at Greenwater in the pouring rain.

Brutus Out

Took a trip to the local LDS emporium (on the all inclusive day) and picked up several bags of oats, millet, dried coconut and a few other items.
Also traded my buddy some mixed .40 FMJ/JHP's for some .308 JHPBT.

Picked up a Palmetto deal on 1,000 rounds of .223 + 10 PMAG's, should be here in 2 days.

On another note, I'd really like to look at getting at least a starter Foodsaver vaccum sealer. I'm looking at the model 4840 which currently goes for $199 on Amazon. I've never done vacuum sealing/storage, so I've got some learning to do, but I need to start somewhere - and actually having a sealer is a good start.

Any thoughts on a good model? Would another brand be better? I don't hunt, so I won't be vacuum sealing tons of meat at a time, which I know can really wear on some of those units.

Picked up a Palmetto deal on 1,000 rounds of .223 + 10 PMAG's, should be here in 2 days.

On another note, I'd really like to look at getting at least a starter Foodsaver vaccum sealer. I'm looking at the model 4840 which currently goes for $199 on Amazon. I've never done vacuum sealing/storage, so I've got some learning to do, but I need to start somewhere - and actually having a sealer is a good start.

Any thoughts on a good model? Would another brand be better? I don't hunt, so I won't be vacuum sealing tons of meat at a time, which I know can really wear on some of those units.

Make sure you get a brand/size where the bags are readily available at places like Wally World, yes, Amazon works but takes time. We picked up a used model at a garage sale and it works for our needs. Wife's out of town so I couldn't tell you specifics on it.

Brutus Out

Make sure you get a brand/size where the bags are readily available at places like Wally World, yes, Amazon works but takes time. We picked up a used model at a garage sale and it works for our needs. Wife's out of town so I couldn't tell you specifics on it.

Brutus Out

Regarding bags, it appears that buying bulk, generic brand bags is the way to go. I imagine you pay a premium to get the name on the product, but feedback seems to be that the generic bags are just as good and work just as well as the name brand.

Any thoughts on that?

I'll have to check out Wally World - I don't have one anywhere near me, so I have to go out of my way to get to one.

Haven't used any generic bags...yet, but next we purchase will likely be probably off Amazon. Have heard the same as you all, that the generics work just as well.

-Check out a BiMart as well, last I was in my local store they had a decent section for Foodsaver & the supplies.

Haven't used any generic bags...yet, but next we purchase will likely be probably off Amazon. Have heard the same as you all, that the generics work just as well.

-Check out a BiMart as well, last I was in my local store they had a decent section for Foodsaver & the supplies.

I'll check them out too - got one not far from home.

I started a thread on this and no one seems to use any of the expencive ones.
I have 2 of the $80 ones and tried the $200 one and it didn't work any better.
And have two cause they won't last a whole deer without overheating and shutting down.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top