JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
**Dragging his butt on the ground like a dog with impacted anal glands AND worms at the same time***

Part of prepping is situational awareness. That is, you are consciously aware of whats going on around you.

I have been using "Identity Guard" now for about 9 months trying to clean up my credit to buy a house and I've worked my little pea picking heart out. Well they have a "Guesstimate" computer software program that takes known data, chugs out a credit report that they claim is accurate.

According to them, my score was 697, 704, and 706 from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion.

Imagine my dismay when I ordered reports from the "Big 3" and they came back as 683, 607 and 735.

OK, 683 is close to 697. 735 would be NICE compared to 706. But jeepers to slide from 704 down to 607? That's a 97 point drop!!

I can skate on the Experian and the TransUnion, but the Equifax is certainly a "no-go" for house buying.

Prepping, also means making sure your finances are healthy enough to fulfill your economic plans. I was under the impression I was "good to go" and I'm not. *Big sigh* :(

Don't give up, Tt!!! Took the wife and I a couple trys to get there. You'll make it too!

I got the amendments spaded into the vegetable garden. We're supposed to have some rain this week and I needed to get it done. I'll let the rain hit it and then in a few days cover it with black plastic and let it cook a bit.

Oh, I'm not giving up. At worst, we'll have to put it off until 2015 when all the crap falls off- I thought most of it had already. *Big sigh* Oh well-gives more time to save for the big move, and jettison all the crap we have. Keep the sentimental stuff, guns, tools, motorcycle AND THE WIFES CRYSTAL COLLECTION. Then move like we've got a purpose.

Found 2 1lb jugs of IMR 3031 powder! That's 750 rounds of .223/7.62x39 I can make!

Also picked up 200 more small rifle primers and a box of Sellier and Bellot shotgun shells.

So here's a peek into my OCD...

I like the Sellier and Bellot 12 gauge buckshot loads. MAX powder 3" shells. Biggest bang I can get. I carry it in my defense shotgun and I have a shoulder strap that holds 10 more rounds on it.

So with 5 in the magazine I had 5 in my bandolier.. which left half the slots empty! (This drives me crazy...)

So I picked up the 10 round box today so I could fill my bandolier.. and now I have 5 extra rounds! (This also drives me crazy...)

I could go shoot the extra 5 rounds and be done with it you say????

This would leave me with 15 rounds of sellier and bellot 12 gauge shells! That's not an EVEN number! (This also drives me crazy...)

So here I sit.. with 5 extra rounds... I need to find a 5 pack...

For the record I have plenty of 2 3/4 12 gauges 00 buck... these are just my first response rounds :)

Found 2 1lb jugs of IMR 3031 powder! That's 750 rounds of .223/7.62x39 I can make!

Also picked up 200 more small rifle primers and a box of Sellier and Bellot shotgun shells.

I like the Sellier and Bellot 12 gauge buckshot loads. MAX powder 3" shells. Biggest bang I can get. I carry it in my defense shotgun and I have a shoulder strap that holds 10 more rounds on it.

So with 5 in the magazine I had 5 in my bandolier.. which left half the slots empty! (This drives me crazy...)

So I picked up the 10 round box today so I could fill my bandolier.. and now I have 5 extra rounds! (This also drives me crazy...)

This would leave me with 15 rounds of sellier and bellot 12 gauge shells! That's not an EVEN number! (This also drives me crazy...)

For the record I have plenty of 2 3/4 12 gauges 00 buck... these are just my first response rounds :)

I'd leave the gun/bandoleer full and buy 995 more rounds to make a even 1k. That's a acceptable starting point IMO.

Rotated/organized supplies.

*Said with a straight face, sounding funny, but means well* Tactical, this urge to rotate and organize supplies,,,,was the motovation caused when you kicked a box of .223/5.56 NATO steel cased that was under the bed while going pee at zero dark thirty? *Rubbing his little pinky toe in fond memory of agony at the thought of HIS personal motivation*

*Said with a straight face, sounding funny, but means well* Tactical, this urge to rotate and organize supplies,,,,was the motovation caused when you kicked a box of .223/5.56 NATO steel cased that was under the bed while going pee at zero dark thirty? *Rubbing his little pinky toe in fond memory of agony at the thought of HIS personal motivation*

Something like that.

Buttstock, sock style shell holder! About the only thing Uncle Mikes makes that I would buy again.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top